++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #31
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Everything about the album

Getting back to the subject matter, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. I love the two songs up on their myspace page. I appreciate the different styles of the two songs. Not to many bands can pull it off like AB can. I'm truly looking forward to the new album. October 9th can't get here soon enough.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #32
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

look j-man nothing personal. i am very open minded. myles voice the more i have listened to it is very impressive. i just think that with stapp they were more of a mysterious and raw band . i like the way stapp and tremonti combined into awesome lyrics and sound. Kennedy is awesome but he sounds a little more like an 80's singer rather than our present day singers.. maybe we just really don't see too many singers that have the "range" like kennedy so its not much of a common sound. anyway i hope the best for alter bridge... but i just guess im a die hard when it comes to creed and what the music meant to me. Now we have a battle steve perry from journeys vocal range vs myles kennedy of alter bridge?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #33
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) look j-man nothing personal. i am very open minded. myles voice the more i have listened to it is very impressive. i just think that with stapp they were more of a mysterious and raw band . i like the way stapp and tremonti combined into awesome lyrics and sound. Kennedy is awesome but he sounds a little more like an 80's singer rather than our present day singers.. maybe we just really don't see too many singers that have the "range" like kennedy so its not much of a common sound. anyway i hope the best for alter bridge... but i just guess im a die hard when it comes to creed and what the music meant to me. Now we have a battle steve perry from journeys vocal range vs myles kennedy of alter bridge?

You are not open minded if you are trying to bash Kennedy & Mark by bringing up threads that are several years old.

And I personally think it is silly for you to make comparisons. Myles has a great range and an impecable voice. If he sounds to "80's" for you, so be it. I can easily say that Stapp sounds too "90's". It's just plain silly to be honest. Why not create a thread called "Who's better Stapp or Veder?" Seriously dude, you need to stop w/ this nonsense. Creed was great THEN. Alter Bridge is greater TODAY.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #34
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) look j-man nothing personal. i am very open minded. myles voice the more i have listened to it is very impressive. i just think that with stapp they were more of a mysterious and raw band . i like the way stapp and tremonti combined into awesome lyrics and sound. Kennedy is awesome but he sounds a little more like an 80's singer rather than our present day singers.. maybe we just really don't see too many singers that have the "range" like kennedy so its not much of a common sound. anyway i hope the best for alter bridge... but i just guess im a die hard when it comes to creed and what the music meant to me. Now we have a battle steve perry from journeys vocal range vs myles kennedy of alter bridge?

I can understand being a die hard fan of something, but don't parade around causing arguments and making all other die hard fans look like idiots. Being a fan doesn't require bashing other artists.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #35
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

stop sticking up for your girlfriend and realize that i made an honest apology so get a life and lets move on!silly! journey rocks! And i must admit i lately have been listening to alter bridges first album and i must say they prove me wrong. so being open minded is a good thing and no im not trying to bash the artists i just believe stapp and creed were better. my opinion... my entitlement and end of story. Move on ladies and move out the way for the next thread to appear! get outta my face! and step off!step off!step off!lol
Old 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #36
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) stop sticking up for your girlfriend and realize that i made an honest apology so get a life and lets move on!silly! journey rocks! And i must admit i lately have been listening to alter bridges first album and i must say they prove me wrong. so being open minded is a good thing and no im not trying to bash the artists i just believe stapp and creed were better. my opinion... my entitlement and end of story. Move on ladies and move out the way for the next thread to appear! get outta my face! and step off!step off!step off!lol

Wow, another insult. Yeah that's gonna make people step off. And yeah you may think Creed was better but you made your point by bashing the other artists. And how about you step off with the lame insults, huh?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #37
J-Man
USER INFO »

JT don't let him get to you. If he was born in '81, then it's sad to know that my 12 year old cousins are more mature than this insignificant 26 year old.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #38
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) JT don't let him get to you. If he was born in '81, then it's sad to know that my 12 year old cousins are more mature than this insignificant 26 year old.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't. Nothing really to get mad about it just kind of irritated me. But yeah I'm calm now.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #39
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

alright guys look alter bridge is good. i do like them. like i said its just my opinion nothing more and nothing personal. am i going to buy the new alter bridge album.. hell yeah i am. they are a good rock band and i do like them. i donno maybe its tremonti's guitar that keeps taking me back to the sound of creed. i do like myles kennedy and i think he is very much overlooked. once again i apologize ... would i consider myself a fan of alter bridge i would like to think so because most of my favorite band are now in that group. i do support alter bridge all the way and i am a fan of stapp as well... nothing more nothing less... this forum is made to be open minded and accept other peoples opinions... i accept yours and i have no problem with that we are all human and entitled to freedom of speech and opinion. so forgive me if i stepped on ya the wrong way.. in the words of cobain" all apologies".. god bless
Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #40
J.T.
USER INFO »

No problem man. I just got a little carried away I think. I was a huge fan of Creed as well, still am. Also a fan of Stapp. I have both Stapps album and Alter Bridges. I guess I just think of Creed as in the past. I always enjoy listening to their music though.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #41
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

yeah im sorry too man... maybe we just both care about the music so much we do take it serious.. but why shouldnt we these 2 bands can rock the house anytime. i wish creed would someday get together again but hey like its been said stapp is awesome and so is alter bridge... hey i did watch rock star and i must say myles sure has some vocal range.. it was awesome and very impressive..
Old 08-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #42
J.T.
USER INFO »

Yeah they do rock. We got three great albums from Creed and now we have both Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge. It's all good. No hard feelings here.