++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 AM   #16
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Everything about the album

ehhh nothin special
Old 07-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #17
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) sorry for the double post. =(
Thats Ok i did,nt even notice it but it can be anoying if u do like my history of posting I LOVE THE NEW SINGLE, very powerfull lyrics, and the most powerfull lines SEEMS TO ME THAT WE,VE GOT EACH OTHER WRONG WAS THE ENEMY JUST YOUR BROTHER ALL ALONG , yes very powerfull, reminds me of the verse from the psalms for Mine Enemys Are Forever With Me,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist. kennedy is good but he doesnt have the rawness and the "rock" vibe and charisma as well as a mysterious persona that scott gives. I like alter bridge but they will never reach the levels of creed and the music they delivered
Old 08-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #19
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist.

I completely disagree. Maybe you need to revisit Alter Bridge's myspace page and listen to thier two new songs, but clean the wax out of your ears first. And stop hating on AB. If you dig Stapp then go hang out in his thread. Let us (the listeners that appreciate great rock) hang here.

AB's new music ROCKS! I can't wait to buy Blackbird!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #20
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist. kennedy is good but he doesnt have the rawness and the "rock" vibe and charisma as well as a mysterious persona that scott gives. I like alter bridge but they will never reach the levels of creed and the music they delivered

Um...I completely disagree. They have already delivered music which is just as good as Creeds. Have you even listened to the album? Myles Kennedy is an excellent rock vocalist with one of the best voices in rock music today. Alter Bridge have the power to make music even better than Creed. I'm not saying they'll have the same kind of commercial success, I'm talking about the quality of the music.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist. kennedy is good but he doesnt have the rawness and the "rock" vibe and charisma as well as a mysterious persona that scott gives. I like alter bridge but they will never reach the levels of creed and the music they delivered

I'm pretty sure Myles was in Rock Star, and Stapp wasn't. Myles has an exceptional vocal range, Scotty don't. If you only listen to songs like "Open Your Eyes," "Burn It Down," "Broken Wings," "Down to My Last," and "Shed My Skin," I might be able to understand your grievance. But also try on "Find the Real," "One Day Remains," "Watch Your Words," "Metalingus," and "Ties That Bind," and tell me again that AB is Creed merely with a different vocalist/lyricist(s).

Old 08-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #22
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

they are.. alter bridge dont get me wrong they are good, but not what Creed bought to music. Every album creed put out was the best.. it was what fans and music needed. Alter bridge? i bet half the fans wouldnt know who they are if it wasnt for creed. Sad but its the truth. Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #23
creedmarine81
USER INFO »
Re: LOOK HERE RMADD OR NOW RMADDER HAHA

Look Take All The Air Supply Rock Music You Like And Accept The Fact That From Lyrics To Sound They Are What Creed Is . End Of Story. Only They Got Some Singer Who Has Great Range But Kills The Ears After A Song Or Two. Its The Truth. Hes Good But A Scott Stapp He Will Never Be. Alter Bridge Rocks But Not Like Creed Did. Dont You Think They Would Be On Tv Everywhere And Always On The Radio Like Creed Was When They First Came Out. Come On Quit Faking Yourself Out. Peace Out Broda!

Last edited by creedmarine81 : 08-09-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #24
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.

What speaks volumes is that that was nine years ago...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #25
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) they are.. alter bridge dont get me wrong they are good, but not what Creed bought to music. Every album creed put out was the best.. it was what fans and music needed. Alter bridge? i bet half the fans wouldnt know who they are if it wasnt for creed. Sad but its the truth. Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.

Reading reviews & articles online & talking to other music fans, I don't think Creed were as universally loved as you might think. Sure, Human Clay was 12x platinum, My Own Prison was the first debut album in history to have 4 #1 singles, etc. But most people (hint: you generally won't find them on this board) seem to agree that Creed destroyed music more than helped it. And most criticisms I hear are in regard to Stapp's bizarre behavior & personality traits (messianic poses, drug use, etc. etc. etc.), and not how much Tremonti/Flip/Phillips/(Hestla) sucked as musicians. But that's just my .

Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) Look Take All The Air Supply Rock Music You Like And Accept The Fact That From Lyrics To Sound They Are What Creed Is . End Of Story. Only They Got Some Singer Who Has Great Range But Kills The Ears After A Song Or Two. Its The Truth. Hes Good But A Scott Stapp He Will Never Be. Alter Bridge Rocks But Not Like Creed Did. Dont You Think They Would Be On Tv Everywhere And Always On The Radio Like Creed Was When They First Came Out. Come On Quit Faking Yourself Out. Peace Out Broda!
I'm guessing that listening to Led Zeppelin (Robert Plant), Black Sabbath (Ozzy Osbourne), Soundgarden & Audioslave (Chris Cornell), and other such similar bands (in that the vocalists have tremendous range) makes your ears bleed as well? Quite frankly, I find it impressive that Myles can hit high notes, and with Cornell's voice not quite what it used to be, and most other music today consisting of either mopey kids or hard-to-understand screamers, it's nice to get such range and be able to understand what is being sung.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:59 AM   #27
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) Look Take All The Air Supply Rock Music You Like And Accept The Fact That From Lyrics To Sound They Are What Creed Is . End Of Story. Only They Got Some Singer Who Has Great Range But Kills The Ears After A Song Or Two. Its The Truth. Hes Good But A Scott Stapp He Will Never Be. Alter Bridge Rocks But Not Like Creed Did. Dont You Think They Would Be On Tv Everywhere And Always On The Radio Like Creed Was When They First Came Out. Come On Quit Faking Yourself Out. Peace Out Broda!

Man...get over Creed. Get over it. And "hes no Scott Stapp?" Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but give me a break, Myles Kennedy is a better singer. And kills on the ears? What??? I can listen to Alter Bridge on repeat for quite a while and his voice is still as pleasant as ever. You have serious issues and I think you need to leave Creed behind you and stopp trying to put down Alter Bridge. Do us all a favor and stop making comments like this, YOU'RE just kidding YOURSELF.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #28
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Oh yeah. Myles IS a better singer, and this is coming from someone who would hit you with a chair if you dissed Stapp's voice. The range on that man is AMAZING.

One Day Remains is one of those very few albums that I can listen to straight through without skipping or taking a break. That says a lot for their talent and art.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #29
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

kennedys good but its not like he is steve perry from journey... Oh sherrie lol
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #30
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) kennedys good but its not like he is steve perry from journey... Oh sherrie lol

Ladies and gentlemen, here is a CLEAR example of the kind of behavior to avoid.