++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What happens with Alter Bridge?

I'm really excited about Creed recording a new album but does this means the end of Alter Bridge?

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: What happens with Alter Bridge?

No, according to Mark and Myles they are still a band and they are going to release there third album sometime next year.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

I can see Stapp holding the guys back from making any more music with Myles. Lets face it all the guys missed playing packed arenas around the country. Sure the guys are going to say AB will continue because they want the AB fans on board with this Creed reunion and they want to let the AB fans down easy. This is only the beginning..It is only a matter of time before we get a press release saying due to Creed and Myles solo career, AB will no longer continue..maybe I am wrong, I hope so!!

Last edited by XALTERBRIDGEX : 05-24-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I can see Stapp holding the guys back from making any more music with Myles. Lets face it all the guys missed playing packed arenas around the country. Sure the guys are going to say AB will continue because they want the AB fans on board with this Creed reunion and they want to let the AB fans down easy. This is only the beginning..It is only a matter of time before we get a press release saying due to Creed and Myles solo career, AB will no longer continue..maybe I am wrong, I hope so!!

Yeah, I don't see how they can possibly be committed to both bands. Clearly, judging by the reaction of the members on this board, the Creed reunion is going to be a huge success. I don't know how any of the guys can say after a big, successful tour, "Okay, now back to Alter Bridge!" I just don't see how that's gonna happen.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, I don't see how they can possibly be committed to both bands. Clearly, judging by the reaction of the members on this board, the Creed reunion is going to be a huge success. I don't know how any of the guys can say after a big, successful tour, "Okay, now back to Alter Bridge!" I just don't see how that's gonna happen.

I don't think you can judge the success of Creed's tour based on a handful of fans on a fan message board. I think the success of the reunion will be decided by ticket sales and album sales. I've done no formal research on this, but as of right now there's been lots of reports from people saying that there are lots of great tickets available for shows, which means they currently aren't selling well. (Sales will go up once a single is released, but still...)

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

steve thats a reliable provoctive opion no one with common since can disagree with that man
Old 05-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I don't think you can judge the success of Creed's tour based on a handful of fans on a fan message board. I think the success of the reunion will be decided by ticket sales and album sales. I've done no formal research on this, but as of right now there's been lots of reports from people saying that there are lots of great tickets available for shows, which means they currently aren't selling well. (Sales will go up once a single is released, but still...)

I meant the reaction of the members of the board were indicative of ticket sales. If they don't sell tickets that well, then I guess it'll be proven that this reunion was a poor idea.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

It is going to be really hard to sell out everywhere they play. They have been gone for 5 years and bands like Nickelback have taken the top rock spot. We will have to wait and see if Creed can take back what was once their's.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
Agent D
USER INFO »

So glad they broke up Alter Bridge for a sure thing!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
J-Man
USER INFO »

1. Alter Bridge are not breaking up. It has been said MANY times by the band guys and Michael (you can't get a better source than that!) Yet people still continue to make up stories that they broke up. I guess drama plays a big role amongst those who like to stir things up for attention.

2. As Steve stated, I too believe that concert tickets will do well after Creed's new single is released, which could happen next month if the interviews are accurate. I personally cannot wait to hear their new songs.

3. 2009 and 2010 will be very good years for Rock ~n~ Roll. Creed's new album, reunion tour, Myles Kennedy's solo album, Alter Bridge's DVD and third album, followed by an AB tour! HELL YEAH!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
austin.
USER INFO »

Lets not forget Pearl Jam and Kiss are touring at the end of this year too

I think Alter Bridge will slowly drift away if Creed's new album and tour is a huge success. I agree with the above posters, I don't think after the tour and album they (Mark, Flip, and Brian) will be like "Ok Stapp, that was fun. Good luck with your solo career. Back to Alter Bridge now"
________
CHEAP EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) Lets not forget Pearl Jam and Kiss are touring at the end of this year too

I think Alter Bridge will slowly drift away if Creed's new album and tour is a huge success. I agree with the above posters, I don't think after the tour and album they (Mark, Flip, and Brian) will be like "Ok Stapp, that was fun. Good luck with your solo career. Back to Alter Bridge now"
No of course they won't. All members have said in a number of interviews that this is the real deal and they are here to stay. They intend to have both Creed and Alter Bridge co-exist. Personally, I think this is an excellent choice. It satisfies exclusive Creed fans and exclusice Alter Bridge fans. And for those of us in the middle, thats twice the music!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) 1. Alter Bridge are not breaking up. It has been said MANY times by the band guys and Michael (you can't get a better source than that!) Yet people still continue to make up stories that they broke up. I guess drama plays a big role amongst those who like to stir things up for attention.

No one is making things up. Some of us just don't believe that three of the same four guys can commit to two different bands. It's a huge undertaking. Shit happens and who knows what may happen in the future. Hopefully I'll be wrong.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Daniel M
USER INFO »

Alter bridge are one of my favorites
i hope they still go on!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman

The point is Creed broke up for a reason. And unless that (those) reason(s) have been resolved, which i doubt, then expect for this reunion to be short lived.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new