++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Brian Marshall delays Creed DVD

I was doing some thinking (yeah, I can do that sometimes! ) and concluded that *maybe* one of the reasons that JHMP is holding the DVD to settle legal problems is the law suit Brian Marshall is moving against Stapp and Mark.

If you remember, by the end of last year, the details of the process were revealed: Brian was complaining about Stapp and Tru making more money with Creedīs royalties than the rest of the band. He said that they created Tremonti & Stapp Music and all of copyrights and royalties were directed to this company. On the other hand, only a small percentage were given to Brian, among other things I donīt remember right now... itīs worthy to search for the thread about it, if you wanna know more.

Anyway, thatīs just ME, I donīt have a source nor I read on another site. Itīs just my thought and Iīm sharing with you to see if you agree or not.

Pay attention: I didnīt say it was the reason! I said it COULD be ONE of the reasons...
Old 05-09-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
You kno you could very well be right!!....but i would like to think that they just want to make it as best as possible...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-09-2003, 09:58 PM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I think the legal problems they were referring to was the lawsuit that was just announced from the fans in Chicago. I think before the invest whatever amount of money they need to finish the DVD they need to be sure the lawsuit there is handled.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, that makes sense, Steve. But even if it was US$ 2 million dollars to settle the law suit, thatīs not a big ammount of money for them. And they will probably make a deal for less.

Beside that, if they relase the dvd, theyīll have another source of income to help reaching the ammount required... unless the footage contains scenes of Chicago, but I highly doubt it!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:31 AM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
When I read the statement, I assumed the lawsuit they were referring to was the Chicago one as well. I thought the Brian thing would have been settled already and I didn't even think about it. You never know, i guess.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:39 PM   #6
Charmin
USER INFO »
Tremonti/Stapp Music is what all their stuff has been published under since MOP. Looks like all the legal details would have been hashed out since they've had like since 1997 when MOP was copyrighted.

Most of the credit goes to whoever writes the music and lyrics-unfortunately everyone involved needs to grab it and growl-to make sure their interests are protected. My husband was a drummer for a long time-he never got any credit for any music they wrote-although he was the only one that 'created' the drumming to those songs. Just because he didn't write the lyrics or do any melody composing-didn't mean he didn't contribute. Without his part-it wasn't a complete song-no matter how you sing it....but that's just my opinion.

Charmin