++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp Toronto Concert Review

so i went to the toronto show last night. WOW! like i thought it would be good... but OMG... it was a lot better than i was expecting. I went down to the opera house a few hours before the doors opened just so i would be sure to be right up front .

breaking point was a pretty good opening band... i kinda felt bad tho cus nobody seemed to know them and we couldn't sing along. the only song i knew was "one of a kind" and i only knew that because of the WWE... it was RVD's entrance music. they're worth listening to if you haven't heard them. I caught one of their drum sticks too that was pretty cool.

Stapp came out and went right into Reach Out... i had a REALLY good vid of that but i had my settings up on fine by mistake and it took up half of my 256MB mem card, so i deleted it to make room for other things, sorry . He was REALLY into the show and the crowd, it was insane. during Sublime he even had goose bumps, he pulled up his sleeves and said he had them, and i could even see them haha. He played every song from his album except Your Will Soar and Broken and he also played like 6 or 7 Creed songs.... the crowd seemed to love the Creed songs.... i liked his own stuff way more, i was pissed, but i didn't voice it, or kick up any fuss... it's kinda weird tho because almost all of the vids i took were of creed songs. the creed songs he played were My Own Prison, Higher, WAWO, What If, One Last Breath, My Sacrifice, Bullets. there were a few creed chants, and at the end the crowd was chanting for One but he didn't play it.

I didn't take whole lot of pics, i used most of the space for vids. but i'm posting the vids to youtube and the pics to photo bucket right now as i'm typing this. i'll post URL's for those once they're done... if it's not done in the next 2 hours then it won't be done until tonight because i have a lab.

My Own Prison vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_ElGyd8RE

Higher vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_mae7kXWeQ

Justify vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQymC_1TUdI

What If vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZbL-5JZpI

One Last Breath vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFWZX90Kuhw

Surround Me vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0SRIYRfFc

My Sacrifice vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gzr07N4FA4

EDIT: one more thing... he changed a line in WAWO... didn't sing the "Yeeeaahhaa" part lol.. he said something else, i'm not really sure what it was tho. Also he really botched up the beginning of Surround Me, totally messed up the lyrics, i have that on a vid lol.

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 03-09-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
GregS
USER INFO »
Re: Scott Stapp Toronto Concert Review

Nice one man.
Cant wait to see those Pics & vids.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

get yo ass up and get,em done i wanna see theme
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) get yo ass up and get,em done i wanna see theme

LOL... there's My Own Prison, they're taking forever to load. my digital camera doesn't have the best compression for vids so they're pretty big files. What If is on the way... i have those two, Higher, My Sacrifice, One Last Breath, Surround Me, and Justify... they're just short clips tho. the higher one is like close to 3 mins long tho.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

good job! thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) LOL... there's My Own Prison, they're taking forever to load. my digital camera doesn't have the best compression for vids so they're pretty big files. What If is on the way... i have those two, Higher, My Sacrifice, One Last Breath, Surround Me, and Justify... they're just short clips tho. the higher one is like close to 3 mins long tho.
Your To Cool To Do it For Us The Greatest Thanks
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy)
EDIT: one more thing... he changed a line in WAWO... didn't sing the "Yeeeaahhaa" part lol.. he said something else, i'm not really sure what it was tho.

If you're referring to the part right before the bridge of the song, he has changed the lyrics(on this tour, anyway) to "I'll show you everything, the very best, that I know how".

Anyway, thanks for putting up the videos and I'm glad you had a good time at the concert. I wanted to go to his show on Friday(at Clutch Cargo's in Pontiac) but I've got family coming up this weekend, so I won't be able to go. I'm glad that so many people are taping these shows, as it gives me a chance to see how good Stapp is doing on this tour even though I won't be able to attend a show on this leg of the tour. Hopefully he'll do a Fall tour or something like that.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
nagpo
USER INFO »

nevermind

Last edited by nagpo : 03-08-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
ABYanks
USER INFO »

he dosnt play broken unfortunatley
Old 03-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

just got out of my lab, i uploaded Higher while i was in lab as i think some of you have already noticed. Justify is uploading now. my net is going really slow but hopefully i'll have all the vids along with the pics up tonight.

and yea, he doesn't play broken. i'd assume he's not playing it because carrying around a piano for one song isn't worth it. possibly on a bigger tour?

i read another review that said he wears his wedding ring on his middle finger... this is normally the kinda thing that i wouldn't care to know about, there's a limit to the fan-ness... but yes, i did notice it's on his middle finger incase anyone really cared...

and another interesting thing.... it was said that goneblind played PRS guitars... i thought it was funny to see them playing 2 Taylor acoustics for the acoustic version of WAWO.

EDIT: one more interesting thing haha... things just keep coming back to me... after about the first 5 songs, of which i think were the heavier ones like reach out, bullets, what if, etc. he went back and sat on the right side of the drum kit. all seemed normal, it was inbetween songs, he was having water and drying himself off. and i noticed he had a small squirt bottle, looked like some Vicks stuff i had when i was young for a sore throat. the stuff used to completely numb my throat. and he took a few squirts of the stuff. Hope he's not straining himself just to please us. I'd be more pleased for a few more years of shows. he also made sure to hit every high note possible, not slacking in TGD like he has in some TV performances.

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 03-08-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
ABYanks
USER INFO »

he has tonsilitis chief
Old 03-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #12
facelessmike
USER INFO »

Awesome vids - thanks man!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

no problem! i know you guys would do the same, i'm only happy to share them.

well that's all the vids, i'll post my pics now too.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #14
Bullets
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) EDIT: one more thing... he changed a line in WAWO... didn't sing the "Yeeeaahhaa" part lol.. he said something else, i'm not really sure what it was tho. Also he really botched up the beginning of Surround Me, totally messed up the lyrics, i have that on a vid lol.

he changed two things in the recent WAWO's...at one part, instead of "I take her by my side/we stand in awe/we've created life" he changed to "I take him by my side/we stand in awe/as we live this life" (that change had been heard a few times at the end of weathered tour as well though). The NEW change is instead of "I'll show you everything/oh yeahaa" he changed to "I'll show you everything/the very best/that i know howwww/with arms wide open". Hope that helps
Old 03-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #15
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

thanks, i couldn't really pick it out because we were all singing "oh yeahaa" lol... but yea that was definitely what he was singing.