++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-13-2005, 01:13 PM   #16
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter Shredder) why would you want ab to even get a grammy...it shows good politics not good music. Screw the grammys we know what good music is.
I Completely agree.. I was gonna say this b4 but forgot...
What Self Respecting Metal-Head Watches the Grammys???? Not me! lol

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 02-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #17
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by mattr652) It's a shame groups like Franz Ferdinand, who isn't really a rock band is being nominated, and AB is not. But, if Broken Wings is as big of a hit as it should be, they should get a nomination next year. Pop radio loves songs like BW.

I don't like Franz but i am pretty sure they are Indie Rock.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #18
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by mattr652) But, if Broken Wings is as big of a hit as it should be, they should get a nomination next year. Pop radio loves songs like BW.
the only way they'll likely get nominated for next year w/ that song is if it has immense staying power. and i don't see that happening, just because the nominations come out more than just a few months from now, and it prolly won't be remembered as well by then

Old 02-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) I don't like Franz but i am pretty sure they are Indie Rock.
yeah... i think they need to come up w/ a separate group for indie rock & punk now. because it's kinda weird to lump groups like Elvis Costello (essentially punk), The Killers and Franz Ferdinand (and all the other "The ____s" bands, all indie rock) in with other bands like Nickelback, Alter Bridge, etc... Sure it's all rock, but they're extraordinarily different styles of rock, not only musically speaking, but w/ regard to lyrical intent as well.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #20
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) Am I really the only one that hasn't been touched by the greatness of "Broken Wings"? lol. Seriously, I hear you all rant and rave about how great it is, but, honestly, it's never really been one of their tunes to really touch me.

Edit: Nevermind. Wylde-Tremonti said almost the exact same thing I was going to say.

Last edited by Soundslave : 02-13-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #21
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Here is my opinion on what should be where at the grammy's. This is my OPINION. I think that the grammys coordinators have their genre's mixed up really bad. I mean, i dont like watching the political melee that goes on, but at the same time, credit should be given where its due, and a grammy puts that much more money/credibility into your hands. I think its all politics and bullshit too, but its an award none-the-less. Wait til VH1 music awards and the Billboards happen this year, AB will get their dues.

Monkey To Man
Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Track from: The Delivery Man
[Lost Highway Records]
JAZZ/BLUES

Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand
Track from: Franz Ferdinand
[Domino Recording Co.]
POP

American Idiot
Green Day
Track from: American Idiot
[Reprise Records]
PUNK

Somebody Told Me
The Killers
Track from: Hot Fuss
[Island Records]
-Never really heard them...

Vertigo
U2
[Interscope Records]
JUSTIFIED(ROCK)

Best Hard Rock Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Megalomaniac
Incubus
Track from: A Crow Left Of The Murder
[Epic/Immortal]
ROCK

Some Kind Of Monster
Metallica
Track from: Some Kind Of Monster
[Elektra Records]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

Feelin' Way Too Damn Good
Nickelback
Track from: The Long Road
[Roadrunner Records]
ROCK

Duality
Slipknot
Track from: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
[Roadrunner Records]
METAL

Slither
Velvet Revolver
[RCA]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 02-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Here is my opinion on what should be where at the grammy's. This is my OPINION. I think that the grammys coordinators have their genre's mixed up really bad. I mean, i dont like watching the political melee that goes on, but at the same time, credit should be given where its due, and a grammy puts that much more money/credibility into your hands. I think its all politics and bullshit too, but its an award none-the-less. Wait til VH1 music awards and the Billboards happen this year, AB will get their dues.

Monkey To Man
Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Track from: The Delivery Man
[Lost Highway Records]
JAZZ/BLUES

Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand
Track from: Franz Ferdinand
[Domino Recording Co.]
POP

American Idiot
Green Day
Track from: American Idiot
[Reprise Records]
PUNK

Somebody Told Me
The Killers
Track from: Hot Fuss
[Island Records]
-Never really heard them...

Vertigo
U2
[Interscope Records]
JUSTIFIED(ROCK)

Best Hard Rock Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Megalomaniac
Incubus
Track from: A Crow Left Of The Murder
[Epic/Immortal]
ROCK

Some Kind Of Monster
Metallica
Track from: Some Kind Of Monster
[Elektra Records]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

Feelin' Way Too Damn Good
Nickelback
Track from: The Long Road
[Roadrunner Records]
ROCK

Duality
Slipknot
Track from: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
[Roadrunner Records]
METAL

Slither
Velvet Revolver
[RCA]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

I completely agree with those. Too bad the Grammy people don't know what to put in what category.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #23
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
they just say pop/rock, punk, rock, metal, hard rock, etc...should just be lumped into as few categories as possible so that they have more time for r&b and hip hop cause that apparently is more popular...which is complete and utter garbage in all senses.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:24 PM   #24
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Well, you think "Broken Wings" is more commercially acceptable. If so, it still has to TOUCH people to be a huge "hit". You know, I mean, music is honestly 80% emotion and 20% sound. It's how a song made you feel that makes you remember it. If a song doesn't touch me, doesn't make me really feel anything, than it's just filler. Broken Wings, I'm sorry to say, is just one of those songs that doesn't hit it with me, you know?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
You know, after seeing the nominations(and then seeing the winners) I noticed one artist was missing, an artist who had 2 hits in 2004:SWITCHFOOT! Where the heck is the nominations for these guys? If you can nominate an artist with one hit in 2004(Franz Ferdinand, Hoobastank, Incubus, the Killers and I'm sure there's more) how can you NOT nominate an artist with TWO hits in 2004? It's ridiculous, and if I was Switchfoot, I'd be pretty angry. The Grammy's COULD(and should) have nominated Switchfoot in the best Alternative category, because that's where they fit. And if they consider Franz as being a rock artist, well then, they could have put Switchfoot in there. Meant to Live and Dare You to Move were big hits and this just goes to show how messed up the Grammy's are. I believe they never gave Creed the nominations they deserved, too.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
actually, Switchfoot had 3 singles (or at least they played 3 on the radio here, and they were all pretty popular, too). Meant to Live, Dare You to Move, and This Is Your Life. And for their first secular release, that's quite impressive, especially considering the music has a very positive message.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, but only Meant to Live and Dare You To Move were hits. I've also heard "More Than Fine" and "Gone" on the local Christian station. Not sure if those are officially singles, though. And yeah, I agree it is very impressive. They've got a positive message, their lyrics have substance and there's no profanity whatsoever in their music. That's the kind of artist kids should look up to, not someone like Usher.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #28
RMadd
USER INFO »
I getcha as far the huge singles are concerned. I've heard More Than Fine and Gone (I knew there was another one!) on the local alt-rock station too. Pretty impressive for a station that plays all the usual garbage hard rock (by garbage, i mean lyrics that are more depressing that uplifting)

Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I agree. I've never heard a Switchfoot song on any of the Rock stations, but I have heard them on the Alternative stations. I hope the MTV VMA's give Switchfoot the nominations they deserve.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #30
RMadd
USER INFO »
oh, sorry if i wasn't clear.... i meant i had heard 'em on one of the two hardest rock stations here. Springfield's New Rock Alternative, Q102. They play all the new rock: Green Day, Velvet Revolver, etc. That's why, for me anyway, it was kinda weird hearing 'em on there, especially Dare You to Move and More Than Fine. Meant to Live rocks pretty hard, so that was a good fit. But the other 2, like you said, are more alternative. But the Q played 'em anyhoo.