++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Some encouragement, please.

Hi guys, I haven't been on the Feed very much lately. Many of you know why and for those who don't know, my husband is being deployed overseas next month. He left today for 5 weeks of training, and then in August he'll be deployed, probably to Kuwait. He'll be overseas for 6 months so we don't expect him home here until late February or early March. Aside from that, my Mom has been having these 'episodes' where she's fully congnizant one minute, and then the next, she can't remember how to do simple tasks. These episodes vary in length and in strength. She called me today and as we were speaking on the phone she had one. She's been to several neurologists for testing and no one can find out what is causing these. So I've been just a little stressed out as of late. Any and all encouragement from you guys, my extended Creed family, would come in very handy. For those of you who already knew about Don's deployment, my continued love and thanks for all you guys have done. Your encouragement and support have meant the world to me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Terri,
I know life can be overwhelming and I know that it is easy to feel alone please just remember that you are not. That there are many around here who care deeply for you and respect you.
I think sometimes people forget how it is not only extrodinarly hard for our brave men to leave their homes and families but for the wives...those men would not be what they are which is extremly brave and courageous without their wives and families. It is true behind every great man is a equally great woman...the best to you Terri in this time of great trial..
I know it may say trivial but thank you to you,your huband and family for your sacrifice is appreciated and noted.
I am sorry about your Mom, God Bless.
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 07-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, goddess. And Teri, you know you can always count on me. Mega hugs to you, my friend.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Hey Teri,

You breifly mentioned Don leaving in your note a few weeks ago and I want you to know you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know he will return home safely. I was unaware of your Mom's condition, but she will be in my thoughts also. I hope things are going okay, and I want you to know I am thinking of you.

Carrie
Old 07-19-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
I just sent a prayer your way to you and your family Teri...
Old 07-19-2004, 08:07 PM   #6
Shadow
USER INFO »
Wow Teri, your plate is full. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Your husband is one of America's heroes. I admire all the men and women who serve their time for our country.

Keep us updated on your mom's condition. My thoughts are with you Teri.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:29 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks everyone, for those great words, and for your thoughts and prayers. You can't even imagine how much it means to me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:46 PM   #8
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Wow, that's a lot of stress you've got on you. As goddess said, thankyou to you're husband, you and your family. I'll keep you, your mom, family, and husband in my prayers.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-19-2004, 10:51 PM   #9
cjme
USER INFO »
The first day must be one of the hardest, hon. You've got my #, use it.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:18 PM   #10
whitebird
USER INFO »
Teri, this will be you and your husband's growing time. Not easy, not fun, very stressful, and sometimes very fearful.

The people that we eventually become, are formed by these hardships. You are strong, and kind, and with each of these difficult experiences, you will become even stronger and kinder, if you choose to be.

Life can make some people bitter, and cold, not you I am truly confident. If in the comming months, you cannot feel strength within yourself, come here to us. All of us will help you get through. Please E-Mail me if you want, as I will do anything I can to help you.

My Mother is 75 years old, and I can see her slowing down, and it hurts me to see this. I'm sure that the problems your Mother is experiencing, is even more difficult to understand, when you do not know what is going on medically.

Stay strong, kind, wise and connected.

Your friend, whitebird
Old 07-20-2004, 12:35 AM   #11
Weathered
USER INFO »
Hey Teri......I'm sorry to hear about all this. I will be keeping you, your husband, and your mom in my prayers...I hope all turns out well for you.

Seth
Old 07-20-2004, 03:00 AM   #12
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I'm sorry you are going through alot right now, I'm sure youre husband will be kept in safe hands and he will return home safe and sound. I hope that they find the reason for your Mother's episodes, that sure is weird but I'm sure she will be okay, too. You will be in my thoughs and prayers, if you ever need anything you know we are here for you.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 07-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #13
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I do remember you mentioning that your husband had to go overseas in a pm you sent me Teri I'll be praying for you, that God will give you strength and courage during this time and that your thoughts stay positive and I'll also be praying for your husband's safe return! *Hugs*

I'm sorry to hear about your mom! My friend Melody's mom has those episodes to, from what she has told me, it sounds very sililar to that. I have not been there to see it, but Melody told me that she had an episode like that this past weekend when she was home. I'll be praying for your mom as well!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
Teri Life can suck sometimes and aint no way sweetie you can sugar coated it Im not one of those people that trys too I Will Pray For You And Your Hubby And your mom My Advice When Gets Like This Do This Hun Take these things And leave,em at his feet then dont look back noir turn around And walk On God Bless ya,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
*bumpadelic* for Teri