++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 08:16 PM   #1
shane
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Positive Reply For Creed

Everyone is bashing Creed for 1 lousy concert what about all of the other great performances through the years and the music that they gave us.... Happy New year to Creed 2003!!!! These guys have been through alot this last year lets give them a break....
Old 01-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm with ya, Shane. I am eternally grateful to this band for making music that has helped me through some hard times and celebrate as well. I've also met some incredible people because of their music, and that's even more special.

Happy New Year, Creed. May 2003 be everything you hope for!
Old 01-01-2003, 08:24 PM   #3
souldancer
USER INFO »
yes....Happy, Healthy 2003 to Creed - get some rest and renew after a year of giving so much to your fans! You are appreciated!
Thanks shane! Let's pump up this thread and get these positive messages rolling. Rocking on with Roadhouse Blues.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
The band members are human and that is the fact!!!!! They have life turmoil just like us, only they have to do it in the spotlight!!!! Creed has given me SO MUCH, from kick ass rock music to deep mesmerizing lyrics. They have given me light at the end of the tunnel and best of all, new friendships with all you fine folks! I will never abandon them, they are the best to me and always will be!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Exactly.....even though those who attended the show are probably very frustrated, we will achieve more by reflecting on the situation positively. Sitting around bitching and starting rumors about the band does no good for anyone. Like Jen said, they are only human. Any other 4 musicians probably wouldn't have made it this far.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Absolutely right Shane! I would love to thank Creed for the year that has just past and for not throwing in the towel tragedy after tragedy. If they had cancelled the tour altogether, the bashers would say "Oh, they couldn't hack it". But they 'weathered' on so to speak, stuck it out and after some very tough battles, they finally ended what was probably the longest year of their lives. So I say THANK YOU SCOTT, MARK, FLIP AND BRETT for the year you gave us and may you find peace, rest and happiness in 2003.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-02-2003, 09:06 AM   #7
kathy4creed
USER INFO »
Thank-you to Creed

Just wanted to thank Creed for the great year they gave to all of their fans. I got to see them in concert 2 times in 2002 ...Jan 28 Philly and Aug 24 Hershey, Pa. The shows I saw were unforgetable in my eyes. Unfortunetly I was unable to see them in Philly on NYE. (Someone had to work!) I send my best and my support to Mark, Scott, Flip and Brett. They gave me a year to remember. I hope that they all find peace, rest and inner strength for the times ahead. I hope that they take the time to relax after an exhausting year on tour. Take some time for yourself guys...your loyal fans will be waiting. Fan for Life...Kathy
ROCK ON!
Old 01-02-2003, 09:21 AM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
those people know nothing!

glad it all seems to be ok now!
Old 01-02-2003, 09:24 AM   #9
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
yeah
Old 01-02-2003, 09:50 AM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Re: Thank-you to Creed

Quote: Originally posted by kathy4creed
Just wanted to thank Creed for the great year they gave to all of their fans. I got to see them in concert 2 times in 2002 ...Jan 28 Philly and Aug 24 Hershey, Pa. The shows I saw were unforgetable in my eyes. Unfortunetly I was unable to see them in Philly on NYE. (Someone had to work!) I send my best and my support to Mark, Scott, Flip and Brett. They gave me a year to remember. I hope that they all find peace, rest and inner strength for the times ahead. I hope that they take the time to relax after an exhausting year on tour. Take some time for yourself guys...your loyal fans will be waiting. Fan for Life...Kathy
ROCK ON!

I totally agree Kathy!!! I am a fan for life through thick and thin too! Yeah I had to work NYE too sorry I missed it, BUT I have my other concerts this year that will keep me going until later! Glad to have you here WELCOME!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-02-2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Just wanted to wish Creed and everyone out there a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful 2003! Thanks Creed for giving us the gift of your music, using the talent that God gave you, sometimes at the expense of your personal life not being so personal, and for being so real with your fans. Especially Scott, on NYE in Philly he was so real, tearing down the walls and showing the scars he's covering, to use his words from Inside Us All. He said before they played Weathered, I think, that 2002 was a tough year, and they're glad that the year (at that time) had less than two hours left to it!) But they were looking forward to 2003, and had plenty to be thankful for. Creed has given us so much of themselves, and they have this way of connecting to your soul/spirit that I have never felt from any other band/performer. Scott's deep, meaningful lyrics coupled with Mark's outstanding musical ability, and then Flip's rockin' beat, (with some great help from Brett, on tour, anyway!) are a treasure to behold. God Bless you, and may you get the peace and rest you so much deserve after giving us such a rockin' year! :band:

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-02-2003, 12:06 PM   #12
jgaull
USER INFO »
First of all let me say that I'm a Creed fan. Yes a true Creed fan. I own all their albums, listen to them all the time, and attend most of the concerts in Chicago. I will continue to be a Creed fan even after the Chicago show.

But, am I missing something here? I didn't go to the concert but I think the people that went have a right to be mad. Why is everyone saying "They had one bad night" ... "They're only human" ... "They can't perform their best every night"

From talking to people that actually went to the show, it's apparent to me that Scott Stapp was pretty drunk. Can I safely say that without everyone accusing me of starting rumors? I've never gone to work drunk. I'm pretty sure if I did, I'd be fired on the spot. Do you guys realize that putting on concerts is a big part of their job? It's the part of their job where they sell themselves to their customers. If you're a salesman and you attend a big conference in another city, should you be able to get drunk because you're having problems at home? Wouldn't that be frowned upon because it will make you and your company look bad? Doesn't Scott not only represent himself out there, but all the people that work hard to make Creed what they are? Don't they have a right to expect him to do his best out there? Didn't they say in the Behind the Music special that they used to do shots of Jaeger before the show but then they realized that they sounded bad so they stopped?

About them having a tough schedule. I agree it is a very aggressive schedule that would wear on anyone. Did the band get pressured into putting on two more shows? I don't know. Could Scott have said that with his family problems and health problems, it wouldn't be possible to add two more shows? I would think so.

I don't think we should make excuses for Scott. Can we all just admit that he made a huge mistake and that he should do something to redeem himself?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #13
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I couldn't agree with everyone more, especially with what you stated Kim V. I understand people being upset but Creed gives so much of themselves to their fans. I couldn't believe how open Scott was on NYE either. He really touched my heart and showed that he along with everyone else is human and unfortunately goes through hard times too. I know I've stated some of the following info before in other threads on the board but for the benefit of any new people I just wanted to say that I discovered Creed just this past spring and since then my life hasn't been the same. The awesome lyrics and music have helped me work through some of my own personal issues in life as well as making the good times even better. Like Kim V., no other band/musician has touched my life and soul the way these guys have so from the bottom of my heart, thank you Scott, Mark, Flip and Brett for a year I'll never forget!! You're the best!!! Rest, relax, spend some time with your families and when you're ready, I'll be ready to see you and hear some more fantastic music!!! I also want to thank everyone here on this board for welcoming me so warmly. Although I haven't met any of you yet, I feel like I have a whole new group of friends. Happy 2003 to all of you!! Peace and Rock On!!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-02-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by jgaull
I don't think we should make excuses for Scott. Can we all just admit that he made a huge mistake and that he should do something to redeem himself?
OK, yes, you can make your point - but PLEASE in an appropriate thread. I was hoping that we could maintain the intent of the title here...oh well, while it's off track. I really don't like that word 'redeem'..
Old 01-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #15
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
POSITIVE VIBES POSITIVE THINKING POSITIVE CREED!
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006