++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #31
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
what about them?

by the way.. this is hannah. not dan. here's a thought...

so some of you say this life is it... when we die thats it. no second chance. thats what you say. do you realize not everyone is mentally stable? do you realize not everyone lives life like a normal child, grows up, grows old, and then dies. it doest work like that for everyone. not even for most people. what about special needs people? you could be 54 years old and still not be able to count to ten, or know the difference between your fmaily and a stranger. what about those that die in car accidents when they are 18? what about people that have heart attacks? what about someone who on their way to being baptized gets hit by a car and dies? now thats far fetched, but im not saying it isnt impossible. God gives second chances. He doesnt jsut say.. oops sry you have a birth defect, but if you dont get baptized you're going to hell. God doesnt say, sorry you got hit by a drunk driver and died, but you have to be baptized to go to heaven and your not.... so it looks like hell for you. God loves us and wants the best for us so he gives us a chance after death.

.. also. i dont belive you can yell at someone and then say, im not yelling at you. i dont belive you can bash someone and say, im not bashing you. i dont belive you can hate someone and say, i dont hate you.... think about it. now share your opinion.

thats all. --hannah
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 03-13-2005, 11:10 PM   #32
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I base my posts with Ephesians 6:12 in mind, not with Higher Desire or your boyfriend in mind. If you wish to take a stab at me personally again, be sure to PM me.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 02:57 AM   #33
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
well the accountablity for someone who is mentally impaired would be very different to the average person. i'm of the view such a person doesn't really have the chance to accept or deny so they would not be judged. what has that got to do with baptism after death? that is clutching for straws........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 03-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #34
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I base my posts with Ephesians 6:12 in mind.
how about basing your posts on the bible as a whole, not on just one verse. stab at that. "...except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God"
stop making up excuses, and keep that commandment. you say that youre christian, what does that mean? that you follow Christ. Christ was baptised. why? "...to fulfill all righteousness" if youre not baptised, youre not fulfilling righteousness, nor are you christian, nor have you repented of your sins "John did baptise in the wilderness, and preached the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. "...Bring forth fruits worthy of repentance"

any questions?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:37 AM   #35
facelessman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) well the accountablity for someone who is mentally impaired would be very different to the average person. i'm of the view such a person doesn't really have the chance to accept or deny so they would not be judged. what has that got to do with baptism after death? that is clutching for straws........
you dont understand the scriptures nor the power of God. if youre not baptised, you cant go to heaven. case closed. what about those who never even heard about Christ? as we have stated so truthfully, they will have a chance in the spirit world to accept or reject a baptism that a member of the true church of Jesus Christ did in their behalf. what more can you want? mercy and justice have been fulfilled, and throught the grace of God, He has given us a second chance to prove ourselves that we would do all the things that our God has commanded us. and its true. i know it for a fact. and there is no way anyone can argue against that.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #36
facelessman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr)
I also need to say that I am not your enemy FM and HD. Use your brains! The fight is not against flesh and blood. I dont hate U. I never will. Sorry if you got hurt, but U R not the ones my arrows were aimed at..
thank you. we dont hate you either, we just gotta stand our ground, ya know? one thing chrstianity is about, is love. so no, we dont hate you.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) But I hope it helped someone out there that is wondering about mormonism, that is not trapped yet. It is a cult. Any belief system that makes you state, "...and I cut off all ties with Jesus Christ" when you leave the so called religion, is a cult. It is based on control, not grace. Please be careful.
sorry its not a cult, but in fact its the true church of Jesus Christ. as Peter said in his 2nd general epistle, "...the way of truth shall be evil spoken of." we have the truth. please, speak more evil of it, and fulfill this prophecy. as john put it,"it was given unto him to make war with the saints..." all the false things going around about the LDS church, all the anti-stuff, and all those who fight against her, are only fulfilling it. the devil fights against the true church of Jesus Christ, The Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints , the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #37
facelessman
USER INFO »
any questions?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #38
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Proverbs 3:5-8
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
"It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #39
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Proverbs 3:5-8
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

H-D

in other words
god wants the easily manipulated and the uneducated. Cuz it says right there god does not want you to think
Old 05-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #40
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Affirms in me that there is all the more reason for there to be someone or a few, overseeing churches, or they start doing stupid things.

Paul was saying that the practice of the Corinthian church was wrong.

There was a line in the mormon church that did it, so it wasnt just the primitive church of Christ.

And also even praying for the dead, the catholic practice, is not too biblical! There is some crazy stuff out there!

Not sure what's going on in the discussion but I have to point out the fallacy here. First, no where in the Bible does it say to not pray for the dead, and second, in the Deuterocanonical book 2 Macabees, it is AFFIRMED that praying for the dead is good and pleasing to the Lord.

You may not accept the Septuagint, but it certainly is historically valid, and to this day Jews pray for the dead. Did Jesus ever tell them to STOP doing that? No, and if it was bad He would have, wouldn't He? Also, read 1 Cor 3: 10-15, I'm sure you will be surprised by what you find.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:28 PM   #41
creedsister
USER INFO »
Christ Is The Foundation

Of Course I like You To be Bad You Bailed DUDE ...Acording To The Grace Of God THATS GRACE SAVING GRACE Amen Of GOD Which Is Given AS A WISE MASTER BULIDER I Have Laid The Foundation Again CHRIST IS THE FOUNDATION NO MAN CAN NO MAN LAY THAT IS LAID WHICH IS JESUS CHRIST AND CHRIST IS THE FOUNDATION OF LOVE..LOVE THAT SAVED THE WORLD..Now If Any Man Bulid Upon THIS FOUNDATION Gold Silver Precious Stones Wood Hay Or Stubble I For One Bellieve these things ARE MANS SYMBOLS OF LOVE Which On Another Topic Was Good Reason For The Parables , EVERY THATS EVERY MANS WORK SHALL BE MANIFEST FOR ITS DAY SHALL DECLARE EVERYMANS WORK ? WHO Who Do We Find So Christ Like IT SHALL BE DECLARED BY FIRE AND FIRE SHALL TRY EVERYMANS WORK OF WHAT SORT IT IS ..AMEN AND AMEN IF ANY MANS WORK ADIDE WHICH HE HATH BULID THEREUPON AS CHRIST WOULD DO IT HE SHALL RECEIVE A REWARD ..IF ANY MANS WORK SHALL BE BURNED HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; YET SO BY FIRE ...I Will Carry On On Down To 16...KNOW YE NOT THAT YE OUR THE TEMPLE OF GOD AND THAT THE SPIRT OF GOD DWELLS IN US ALL ..If Any Man DEFILE The Temple OF GOD Him Shall God Destroy ? I Think Really By Not Knowing THAT IT WAS GODS THAT WAS IN YOU ALWAYS~~Which Brings A Untiy Probleam FOR THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY ...AMEN HOLY IS LOVE HOLY IS MERCY HOLY IS THE LOVE OF MAN, Which Temple Ye Are ..LET NO MAN DEECEIVE HIMSELF I*f Any Man Amoung You Seemeth To Be Wise In This World Let Him Become A Fool That He May Be Wise FOR THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD IS FOOLINESS WITH GOD FOR IT IS WRITTEN HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR OWN CRAFTINESS AND AGAIN THE LORD KNOWETH THE THOUGHTS OF THE WISE THAT THEY ARE VAIN THEREFORE LET NO MAN GLORY IN MEN FOR ALL THINGS ARE YOURS Whether Paul Or Apollos Or Cephas OR THE WORLD OR LIFE OR DEATH OR THINGS PRESENT OR THINGS TO COME ALL ARE YOURS AND YE CHRISTS AND CHRISTS IS GODS Comments::: Aint It Cool That We Got The Greastest Know It All Living In Our Temple AMEN ITS UP TO THOSE If They Anwser That Knock AMEN AND AMEN !!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-02-2005, 01:44 AM   #42
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
The case against baptism for the dead is also made by the Mormon scriptures themselves. The current Mormon doctrine on baptism for the dead is quite unlike what Joseph Smith first taught. As in other cases, the Book of Mormon becomes an important tool for the Christian apologist. It contradicts much Mormon theology, and baptism for the dead is no exception.

In Alma 34:35-36 we read: "For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he does seal you his. Therefore, the spirit of the Lord has withdrawn from you and hath no place in you; the power of the devil is over you, and this is the final state of the wicked."

In other words, those who die as non-Mormons go to hell, period. There’s no suggestion of a later, vicarious admission into the Mormon church.

We also see present-day Mormon doctrine contradicted in 2 Nephi 9:15: "And it shall come to pass that when all men shall have passed from this first death unto life, insomuch as they have become immortal, they must appear before the judgment seat of the Holy One of Israel, and then cometh the judgment and then must they be judged according to the holy judgment of God. For the Lord God hath spoken it, and it is his eternal word, which cannot pass away, that they who are righteous shall be righteous still, and they who are filthy shall be filthy still; wherefore, they who are filthy . . . shall go away into everlasting fire, prepared for them; and their torment is as a lake of fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever and has no end."

It is unforunate that Smith abandoned his own, earlier doctrine. It would not have made the Mormon scriptures any more authentic, but it would have prevented millions of futile Mormon proxy baptisms from being performed.

more at http://www.catholic.com/library/Morm...r_the_Dead.asp
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-02-2005 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:49 AM   #43
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
where is the "delete post button"?
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-02-2005 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:44 AM   #44
creedsister
USER INFO »
The Life God Has Assigned

We Can Love Mormons We Should By All Means i dont know wher the delite button is but anyways back to the topic of the mormons FROM THE HOLY BIBLE*** We Can Learn And Grow From Each Others Way In Love And Grace And With Perfect Speach The Good Book IS NOT THE AUTHER OF CONFUSION BUT OF UNTIY For Our Brothers And Sisters In CHRIST ***AMEN 1 cor 17.24. BUT HAS GOD DISTRIBUTED EVERYMAN AS THE LORD HATH CALLED EVERYONE SO LET HIM WALK AND SO ORDAIN IN ALL THE CHURCHES IS ANY MAN CALLED BEING CIRCUMSISED LET HIM NOT BECOME UNCIRUMCISED LET HIM NOT BE CIRCUMCISED CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING BUT KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD LET EVERY MAN ABIDE IN THE SAME CALLING WHEREIN HE WAS CALLED ART THOU CALLED BEING A SERVANT CARE NOT FOR IT BUT IF THOU MAYEST BE MADE FREE USE IT RATHER FOR HE IS CALLED IN THE LORD FREEMAN LIKEWISE ALSO HE THAT IS CALLED BEING FREE IS CHRITS SERVANT YE ARE BOUGHT WITH PRICE BE NOT YE THE SERVANTS OF MEN BUT LET EVERY MAN WHERIN HE IS CALLED ABIDE WITH GOD MY CAPS ARE LOCKED
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything