++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #196
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Thanks sis.

If anyone was wonderin', Elton saw some interviews with one of the girls that was killed in the Collumbine massacre. Her father was a Christian too, and Elton was touched by the accounts of Rachel's father and wanted to meet him. God gave Rachel's father a prophetic word for Elton when they met. Pretty exciting.
thats killer i luv hearing all about stuff like that!!ya know!!! i dont listen to a lot of eltons music!!!] But when i do!! It touches Me] And i think hes A gifted song writer as well] that was good news!!!Oh your welcome by the way
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #197
souldancer
USER INFO »
(speechless...I start to write and words fly out..I erase, re-write, and then I start to feel hate inside from this thread, and I don't like that. So, I start to leave without saying anything (appreciating Dogstar's words and a few others though) and feel that is wrong too.
So, here is a question. What if you find out you have a gay child or relative. Will you still love them?
I believe we each need to stand up for our fellow beings, stand up against hatred and for compassion. I don't need a book or a verse to tell me what is right or wrong/good or bad. I can feel it in my heart - there is an inner Knowing if we get fear out of the way and reach deep enough for Truth.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #198
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I believe we each need to stand up for our fellow beings, stand up against hatred and for compassion. I don't need a book or a verse to tell me what is right or wrong/good or bad. I can feel it in my heart - there is an inner Knowing if we get fear out of the way and reach deep enough for Truth.

THANK YOU, souldancer...I was trying to find the right words but you found them for me!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #199
whitebird
USER INFO »
"All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance" Peace for all, not for those that you would personally choose.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:57 PM   #200
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by souldancer) (speechless...I start to write and words fly out..I erase, re-write, and then I start to feel hate inside from this thread, and I don't like that. So, I start to leave without saying anything (appreciating Dogstar's words and a few others though) and feel that is wrong too.
So, here is a question. What if you find out you have a gay child or relative. Will you still love them?
I believe we each need to stand up for our fellow beings, stand up against hatred and for compassion. I don't need a book or a verse to tell me what is right or wrong/good or bad. I can feel it in my heart - there is an inner Knowing if we get fear out of the way and reach deep enough for Truth.

That's all fine and good, but where do you draw the line?? If I vote for a president that is against gay marriage, and I him feeling that way is one of the reasons I vote for him, aren't I, in a way, judging homosexuals??
Old 02-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #201
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
okay sincirr, i agree with everything you said, but how does that fir into it being okay to be gay?? and that is all i need to be concerned about cause that is the purpose of this thread. i don't need to concern myself with anything other then it being right or wrong to be gay. i think it is wrong, and i have given you proof for that. you have given me nothing to persuade me to believe that being gay is fine.

you said,

What your verses said....then:
12I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.

13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

okay, how does that mean it is okay to be gay? "I was shown mercy cause i acted in ignorance and unbelief..." how does that mean it is okay to be gay? it means that Paul was forgiven for his sins. the texts says he was granted mercy. because he was granted mercy, means he did something wrong. but he was forgiven. non of these verses you gave me have any reference to homosexuality. all of mine that i gave you, do.

elton's gay church. that is such a contradiction. they may be saved, and may be going to heaven, but that doesn't mean that being gay isn't wrong - it is.

i don't hate gay people, i just hate their sin, i think it is sick, and i hate it when people try to justify it - the bible is explicit when it comes to these.

here is a verse from the old testament. does this help you?

Leviticu 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male, as one lies with a female, it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestible act. They shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltyness is upon them."
Old 02-21-2004, 12:25 AM   #202
archie bunker
USER INFO »
creedsister your looking up your bible verses arent you?
Old 02-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #203
creedsister
USER INFO »
son i undestand your point Being GAY IS A SIN!!!! K!!!! But we all have sin in are lifes no man is without sin now let me remind you of this No Sin in the eye sight of god is bigger or smaller to him} But you want proof of right or wrong i think you got it The bible says that being gay is wrong theres your point if i was gay which im not trying to make a point AND CRYED OUT TO GOD WITH ALL MY HEART IN SOUL HE WOULD HAVE MERCY AND I WOULD BE FORGIVED} Ok Lets take it that you sinned say you went out and slept with somebody and had sex without being marride And you said God foregive me!!! This happens alot But you cant boast About Somebody Elses sin being greater than yours!!!The Lord Your God judges You by Your Heart Not your sins!! He died A long Time ago For that Which was to come!!!And About Gays And Other sinners In this day In time And Age We promised Hope before His return Which is in revalations He would Pour His spirt out up on all flesh Saints sinners Gays And hand maidens But thats another Topic Bro to find The truth you must Seek And you shall find faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by faith!!! The question you asked is being gay Right!!! Your not Gay So god is not dealing with your heart About It But the lord For those who love him Hes reaching theme And telling Theme What They must know or the path!!! Now Im sure he must be dealing with you about something Now COME ON!!! You know its wrong want me to Find a scripture Were It will Justify YOUR sin Come on Or should I shut my mouth And let my jesus Deal With it COME ON Now!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-21-2004, 12:33 AM   #204
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by archie bunker) creedsister your looking up your bible verses arent you?
you know it come on!!! Come on!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:06 AM   #205
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) son i undestand your point Being GAY IS A SIN!!!! K!!!! But we all have sin in are lifes no man is without sin now let me remind you of this No Sin in the eye sight of god is bigger or smaller to him} But you want proof of right or wrong i think you got it The bible says that being gay is wrong theres your point if i was gay which im not trying to make a point AND CRYED OUT TO GOD WITH ALL MY HEART IN SOUL HE WOULD HAVE MERCY AND I WOULD BE FORGIVED} Ok Lets take it that you sinned say you went out and slept with somebody and had sex without being marride And you said God foregive me!!! This happens alot But you cant boast About Somebody Elses sin being greater than yours!!!The Lord Your God judges You by Your Heart Not your sins!! He died A long Time ago For that Which was to come!!!And About Gays And Other sinners In this day In time And Age We promised Hope before His return Which is in revalations He would Pour His spirt out up on all flesh Saints sinners Gays And hand maidens But thats another Topic Bro to find The truth you must Seek And you shall find faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by faith!!! The question you asked is being gay Right!!! Your not Gay So god is not dealing with your heart About It But the lord For those who love him Hes reaching theme And telling Theme What They must know or the path!!! Now Im sure he must be dealing with you about something Now COME ON!!! You know its wrong want me to Find a scripture Were It will Justify YOUR sin Come on Or should I shut my mouth And let my jesus Deal With it COME ON Now!!!

okay, please, for my sake, learn how to punctuate your post, cause i can barely make heads or tails of it.

but that aside, i know all that!! the only thing that i am unsure of is that you said, "He would Pour His spirt out up on all flesh" and i don't remember where that is.

oh, god does judge by sin, he doesn't judge by hearts. he judges by our deeds, and that is, our sins, and what we have done with our life. the bible does n;t say that god judges the heart when it comes to heaven or hell. sure he looks at the heart, but that is not talking about heaven or hell as in reward or punishment for eternity.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #206
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) okay, please, for my sake, learn how to punctuate your post, cause i can barely make heads or tails of it.

but that aside, i know all that!! the only thing that i am unsure of is that you said, "He would Pour His spirt out up on all flesh" and i don't remember where that is.
What kind of a Christian are U?!!!! We are saved by grace, not by works so that NO-ONE (LIKE YOU) CAN BOAST! How retarded!

And dont attack my friend over her typing, that was a cheap shot! Good typing or not, there was WISDOM in what she typed!

By the way, the passage is in Joel 2:28, and God looking at the heart is in 1 Samuel 16: um...7....
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) oh, god does judge by sin, he doesn't judge by hearts. he judges by our deeds, and that is, our sins, and what we have done with our life. the bible does n;t say that god judges the heart when it comes to heaven or hell. sure he looks at the heart, but that is not talking about heaven or hell as in reward or punishment for eternity.
I wish U could understand grace, but unless U are struggling with sin so bad and at the same time so badly wanting God and feeling so condemned, U would never understand Jesus' mercy.

Is it okay to be gay? It's not OK to be a sinner! U sin! I sin! The only difference is that we know we need Jesus. I dont give a crap what people do. Whether it be giving a false testimony of your neighbour, or whatever else U wanna point the finger at, cos all have fallen short of the glory of God. (Sorry to non-Christians reading, I am relating to a Christian here so dont be hurt by it). I have been friends with multiple murderers, heroin addicts and alcoholics, and some people with immense sexual problems that stem from BROKENNESS IN THEIR LIVES THAT JESUS WANTS TO FIX!

The reason why I have not outardly and obviously given u an answer to your question of whether it is okay to be gay, is because we are on a multi-belief's forum and when in a situation where I am amongst people, especially of a post-modernistic culture, in that sort of atmosphere my goal is to have my beliefs as my beliefs, perhaps try and explain them if they are brought up, but basically show who Jesus is by the way I behave, and that is a mega challenge! I have learned alot about that and grown heaps in the time I have been here. People like Soul Dancer have helped alot even though I may have upset her from time to time.

Perhaps my bible is different to their beliefs, but I am learning to respect them. Plus, what if someone gay was actually reading this? It's not their fault that they havent been introduced to Jesus...that very well could be mine!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #207
creedsister
USER INFO »
thank you sincirr !!!
Old 02-21-2004, 12:53 PM   #208
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by souldancer) So, here is a question. What if you find out you have a gay child or relative. Will you still love them?

Touch down!!! So true! I can relate to every single word you said.

Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) "All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance" Peace for all, not for those that you would personally choose

Touch down!!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 02-21-2004, 08:54 PM   #209
whitebird
USER INFO »
I spent a great deal of time today speaking with someone who is gay. Someone who I love and respect, and who I also except. Listening to them speak about the difficulties of their lives because of the prejudice of judgemental persons in our society is heartbreaking to me.

I have listened to the words that some of you have posted in this thread, and your words are cruel. Words in this thread are used to cut and to hurt others who may be different than yourselves.

With your words you wound as surely as if you had used a sword. Where is the Christanity in knowingly hurting another? You profess to teach those who would read your words. You have taught me, but not what you had intended. I have learned your use of the bible is a tool to condemn, to twist the words around to fit your own beliefs. To feel validation and vindication, while looking down on another of God's people.

All I can say to you is, may you someday feel shame for what you do now.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:54 AM   #210
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
My college is a Christian college. We have gays studying there, cos we were founded by the uniting church, which allows Gay clergy. I'm not their denomination, I'm charismatic, but I dont even see these people as gay. I dunno, they are just nice people. We are all on a journey in God.

There are also alot of gays that audition for our stage productions and get in. I think its great, cos Christians have to mingle with them and get to know them. It's really good for us cos it breaks down the barriers. I think it's big of them to even audition for a Christian colleges musical! In one of the breaks, one non christian asked to sit in with us when we prayed. As if we would have excluded him. That would just be wrong!

I dont understand why this thread has carried on so long. All that needs to be said, and shouldnt have been said, is in its MANY pages. Will we ever come to a conclusion? heck no, so theres no point. Its just gonna piss people off and hurt people, create disunity, including my posts on my brother bada$$. Sorry.

I'm a Christian, so I am the enemy here, but even I have grown weary of this thread!

ROCK HARD!!!