++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #16
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
the only song i've ever heard him have trouble with was Stand Here With Me during the Olympics, especially the "on and on we sing" part, but as someone said, he was sick, so that's understandable
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 09-24-2003, 11:00 PM   #17
JenRN
USER INFO »
Scott is unbelievable live, he commands attention and draws me in like the most forceful magnet ever. His voice soothes my moods and mellows me out when I am frayed, it is odd. His voice comforts me like a blanket.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-25-2003, 12:17 AM   #18
hide
USER INFO »
Dogstar PJ is great and Cornell rocks my boat also but I feel his voice was better in the early 90's in TOTD he is on fire. He was sick on the most recent tour I belive because he kept catching things off Jagger. It seems he has his off nights perhaps more often then Ed or Chris but he has such an awesome stage presence and a booming but soothing baritone.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 AM   #19
Jez
USER INFO »
Jen, I don't know if you can put it much better than that.
Powerful, passionate, commanding, uplifting, soothing.....just a few words to describe that voice that pulled me in from the beginning as well.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-25-2003, 08:25 AM   #20
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Jez
Powerful, passionate, commanding, uplifting, soothing.....just a few words to describe that voice that pulled me in from the beginning as well.

People look at me so strange when I say that, it is hard to describe. I just feel an immediate "comfort" when I listen to his voice. I can see me now when I am 70 with headphones on to try and soothe my arthritis!:lol:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-25-2003, 11:35 AM   #21
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: People look at me so strange when I say that, it is hard to describe

I have tried to explain it to people who don't "get it" for so long. I don't think my husband will ever get it. It's a shame because it's something that I wish we could share.

Can I just say that the cat in your avi is friggin weird?!?!? LOL!! :lol:

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Banging your head is not good for arthritis in the neck, Jen.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-25-2003, 11:45 AM   #23
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
I've only been to one Creed show myself (Weathered tour, when they came to Salt Lake last December), and I absolutely LOVED the show. Stapp sounded okay (I wasn't blown away like many of you are saying), but I assume that's due to his throat problems he was going through. I really cannot wait to go to a show where he's as amazing as you guys say!

I have a DVD of live performances, and at the Olympics he sounds like he's having trouble. From what you guys say, I guess he was sick? I think it also has a lot to do with singing in the FREEZING weather we had that February! But on the DVD they also do "One" on Letterman, "Higher" on ABC, and "Torn" acoustic for Much Music. He really does sound AMAZING! I remember thinking that his voice was soo good, I was wondering if it was pre-recorded! Again, I can't wait for a Creed Concert where Stapp is 100%!!!
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-25-2003, 12:17 PM   #24
Blaize
USER INFO »
<b>I have tried to explain it to people who don't "get it" for so long. &nbsp;I don't think my husband will ever get it. &nbsp;It's a shame because it's something that I wish we could share.

</b>

I know EXACTLY how you all feel...THAT voice is what drew me in and I can't begin to explain the way it makes me feel. My husband doesn't get it either and I do wish I could share with him as well. He thinks Stapp's voice is okay, but he doesn't think it's as great as I do lol...I have told him many times that I wish he could just for once feel what I feel when I hear that voice...
Old 09-25-2003, 01:26 PM   #25
Kim V.
USER INFO »

Agreed, Jen and Jez! He rocks you when you want to be rocked, soothes your soul when you're having a rough day, lifts you up and makes you believe when you feel down and you can't go on....I've said this before, I could be having a bad day for whatever reason, I can just put Creed on with my headphones, close my eyes, and I am transformed, because it feels like he's singing right to my soul with that awesome voice... makes it all better!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 09-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #26
Jez
USER INFO »
Ya know, I was just thinking how it seems like Creed fans, and Stapp fans in particular, are the only people that I hear trying to communicate incessantly how this music and The Voice MOVES them. When I tell people about Creed, even the telling is moving. Doesn't just the 'sharing' bring up so many emotions for you as well? Or is it just me?
The friends I have where I live don't share my passion to the extent that I do... One friend in particular....she's really into Kid Rock. While I think he's ok, there is just nothing about his music that moves me. And the thing that I just realized is that with all she has done to try and pimp him....get me to listen to him...she has never once said that his music moves her.
There is a bulletin board that I post at where there is a couple who have been married for about ten years...one of the things that they share and that keeps them so closely bonded is their passion for Creed. Sad to say, but I am actually jealous that I don't have this in my own life. Like you said, Julie..I wish my husband could just once feel what I feel when I hear that voice...when I listen to the words and am taken to a different place.

We've all heard the expression a million times...maybe we even use it ourselves..... but I don't think it's about being a follower really...It's the PASSION itself that is so all encompassing and addictive....maybe it helps us LEAD a little bit better lives

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #27
ZION1010
USER INFO »
jez thats a god gifted talent for ya there music reaches many i asure you your not the only one who feels it my best friend friend took his own life the year whats the life for came out she said that song and god was the only thing that pulled her through......peace
Old 09-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah I have so many friends that look at me like "get a life" They are so wrapped up in kids etc.. they loose themselves. I myself know I could not survive without my music. As far as Creed, BELIEVE me my husband does not get it either. He thinks it is ridiculous and insane. Most people don't understand but the ones that do, are bonded immediately!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-25-2003, 03:51 PM   #29
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I've never seen Creed live yet but this next tour I'm There
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-25-2003, 03:55 PM   #30
devils_here
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
When I tell people about Creed, even the telling is moving. &nbsp;Doesn't just the 'sharing' bring up so many emotions for you as well? &nbsp;Or is it just me? &nbsp;
The friends I have where I live &nbsp;don't share my passion to the extent that I do... &nbsp; &nbsp;

We've all heard the expression a million times...maybe we even use it ourselves..... &nbsp;but I don't think it's about being a follower really...It's the PASSION itself that is so all encompassing and addictive....maybe it helps us LEAD a little bit better lives

I couldn't agree with you more. My husband likes them but not as much as I do. And all my friends could care less about them. I listen to them and drift off into my own little perfect world .
I agree with everyone else too about their music being so calming and/or peaceful, but some of it also gets me rockin. There's just something for every mood I'm in.

"I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."