++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #16
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Relate, believe it or not I felt like the songs were written for me on MOP!!!! I have never related to any music like this in my life, I never get sick of it and I am like an addict if I don't get it! I relate to MOP, What IF, Faceless man, WTLF, ONE and Weathered..... gee I could go on and on, Creed feeds my soul!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-24-2003, 11:54 PM   #17
luvin monti
USER INFO »
I do believe that Creed's music CAN and WILL relate to everyone in some way, shape, or form! When I first heard "Wash Away Those Years"...it did nothing for me. About 6 months later, that song hit home and dug beneathe me. It was meant to be, and the song was just waiting for the right time to "come to me"!

We all see their lyrics differently, what "My Own Prison" means to me, most definitely won't be what it means to you, Frank, or Bob...ya know? They've got a weird way of displaying their messages, but I certainly would NOT change that for the world!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:57 PM   #18
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Relate, believe it or not I felt like the songs were written for me on MOP!!!!  I have never related to any music like this in my life, I never get sick of it and I am like an addict if I don't get it!  I relate to MOP, What IF, Faceless man, WTLF, ONE and Weathered..... gee I could go on and on, Creed feeds my soul!

yeah
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-24-2003, 11:58 PM   #19
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: Originally posted by luvin monti
<b>I do believe that Creed's music CAN and WILL relate to everyone in some way, shape, or form! &nbsp;When I first heard "Wash Away Those Years"...it did nothing for me. &nbsp;About 6 months later, that song hit home and dug beneathe me. &nbsp;It was meant to be, and the song was just waiting for the right time to "come to me"! &nbsp;

We all see their lyrics differently, what "My Own Prison" means to me, most definitely won't be what it means to you, Frank, or Bob...ya know? &nbsp;They've got a weird way of displaying their messages, but I certainly would NOT change that for the world! </b>

yeah
Old 09-25-2003, 12:44 AM   #20
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Rock on
Old 09-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #21
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
It's amazing how deep Creed's lyrics are. Thinking now, no other band has lyrics that connect with me on so many levels in so many songs as Creed! They are absolutely my favorite, and I truly believe they are the most talented band in the world. I don't know how so many people can hate them (I assume they have never heard a Creed song).

The songs that hit me the MOST (because just about all of them do in some way) are My Own Prison, Higher, My Sacrifice, Bullets, and What If.

Welcome to the board, these guys are great!
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-25-2003, 07:28 PM   #22
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvin monti
<b>I do believe that Creed's music CAN and WILL relate to everyone in some way, shape, or form! When I first heard "Wash Away Those Years"...it did nothing for me. About 6 months later, that song hit home and dug beneathe me. It was meant to be, and the song was just waiting for the right time to "come to me"!
</b>

I know what you mean, luvin monti. Torn was that kind of song. I've always enjoyed it but recently it's become a favorite.

Relearn Love
Old 09-25-2003, 11:27 PM   #23
Aimee
USER INFO »
I can't honestly say that Creed is the only band I can relate to lyrically. I like lyrics and I always like band's that have meaningful lyrics, not like the same thing over and over, which is why I like Creed so much...
BUT as far as their ability to connect with what most people think, My opinion is that Creed's success has proven that spirituality is a big issue with many people. Good and bad. The questioning of it is what's important, not just following something blindly.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:39 AM   #24
facelessman
USER INFO »
yeah
Old 09-26-2003, 10:23 PM   #25
luvin monti
USER INFO »
***WHY DO YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DISCUSS THE MEANINGS OF YOUR SONGS?

SCOTT STAPP:
For a Creed fan, they obviously bought the record and liked the song for a specific reason. Whether that be Mark's guitar riffs or Scott's drums or the groove of the music, the vibe, or the lyrics. Somewhere in there, they like-- they like the song. By giving away the meaning of the song or-- or any-- too much information about it, yeah-- I can change that person's interpretation of the song, if it's because they liked it for the lyrics.
Because if someone wants to think in their mind that that song is about this, because it made 'em feel this way, then I don't want to ruin that for them, because that's what has made the song personal in their lives. Just take it for what it's worth and-- and make it your own. And that's what we want our music to be. We want it to be personal to everyone who has it.***

Found this off the site http://www.geocities.com/stappnet/SONY2001...1interview.html
Old 09-27-2003, 02:58 PM   #26
facelessman
USER INFO »
sounds good to me
Old 09-28-2003, 11:11 AM   #27
Blaize
USER INFO »
I can relate to numerous Creed songs and apply them day to day in my life. We all take our own meaning from the song. I can say that no band has ever gotten in my head like Creed has. They make me stop and think about ALOT of things.

Quote: I don't know how so many people can hate them (I assume they have never heard a Creed song).
I don't know how so many people can hate them either. Obviously they have never stopped to really listen to the lyrics. They have never stopped to think about what is being said in a Creed song.