++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-30-2003, 02:58 PM   #16
Aimee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Marcos,
You are the closest so far! I have a copy of the infamous interview at home. It's funny, because when you read it, it really sounds like it's Stapp who's dissing Vedder, not Marshall. I effing Loved Brian and I wish he was still with Creed. I know, I'm stuck in the old days. DO NOT GET ME WRONG - Brett is cool, and fun and talented to boot, but he's the business do-boy that Marshall never wanted to be.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:54 PM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I´m the closest to what??? err...sorry! I´m sl...sl...slow tonight!

Anyway, I agree with you on Brian x Brett.

And believe me, what Brian said on the interview isn´t a reasonable reason to get kicked. It was just a (bad) coincidence.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
The only thing I know anout him is that is playin' in antoher band, don't know the name of the group.

Hope so....HEY!!! IF IT'S SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOW IT! PLEASEEEE POST BACK ON THIS THREAD!!!

Thank you!

ok....u need to read posts before yours....Cuz i explained the whole damn thing...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-01-2003, 04:03 AM   #19
~BleedGreen~
USER INFO »
*ahems* Uhh....hey guys! *waves sheepishly* Brand new here, but decided I'd post, simply because it's DAYUM late and I had something to say.

I was listening to a Tremo interview the other day from the same radio station whose interview got Marshall in trouble. Tremo kinda put it on the record that Marshall didn't really seem to care what he said a lot (not JUST the stuff about Vedder ), so it had been a source of disagreement within the bad for a while. This in mind, the Vedder stuff was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, and the band decided to let him go...you can stream the interview at the Creed Lounge. (creedlounge.com, methinks)

**GASP**

Okay, I'm done. And it's 4 am, so I'm gonna go sleep...and BTW, if anybody posts at the CreedPit BB, I post over there under RoadieBlitz. Rock on, y'all.

~Chrissy
The 100% Official Creed Roadie Wannabe
"Could Ernie use a partner?"
Old 06-01-2003, 05:11 AM   #20
The Lithium
USER INFO »
[quote] Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
ok....u need to read posts before yours....Cuz i explained the whole damn thing...

Sorry, I'll read it! Well, thank yaa!

//Lith

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-01-2003, 05:21 AM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
[quote] Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
he said that stapp had better lyrics n stuff....i think you can hear the conversation at creedpit?....yeah he's in his old band Maddox Creed...but they changed the name to Grand Luxx.....[/qoute]

Nope, wrong of you WannaB! Brian didn't get fierd for thet littel stuff! He decided to leave Creed when the band wanted him to write music with Mark. You know, Scott write the lyrics, Mark the music, and Flip write the drums and keybord, but Bri didn't do anything else then play is bass. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is corect! I've also heard about that Pear Jam stuff, but I don't believe that Creed fierd him for that! maybe they fierd him for the bothe reasons....Who knows....

//Lith

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-01-2003, 05:23 AM   #22
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
he said that stapp had better lyrics n stuff....i think you can hear the conversation at creedpit?....yeah he's in his old band Maddox Creed...but they changed the name to Grand Luxx.....

Nope, wrong of you WannaB! Brian didn't get fierd for thet littel stuff! He decided to leave Creed when the band wanted him to write music with Mark. You know, Scott write the lyrics, Mark the music, and Flip write the drums and keybord, but Bri didn't do anything else then play is bass. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is corect! I've also heard about that Pear Jam stuff, but I don't believe that Creed fierd him for that! maybe they fierd him for the bothe reasons....Who knows....

//Lith

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-01-2003, 05:43 AM   #23
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Lithium - no one is right, no one is wrong. No one apart from the band and Brian knows what really happened. You can speculate all you want, but that is the closest you will get.
And Brian wrote the bass riffs.
________
Vehicle insurance forums
________
Juicy Hentai

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:13 AM   #24
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by tremonti.net
Lithium - no one is right, no one is wrong. No one apart from the band and Brian knows what really happened. You can speculate all you want, but that is the closest you will get.
And Brian wrote the bass riffs.

Yeah, I know all that, and as I and you said...No one will ever know what realy heppends! No one of us! Hey, nice pic!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #25
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Ok, so here's the way I understand that whole thing went down:

Marshall was always the bad seed, the joker of the group. He did things that the other guys didn't like. What happened with the radio interview was that the guy compared them once again to Pearl Jam, Marshall had had enough, so he launched his 'tirade', essentially claiming Vedder wished he could write like Stapp. This was the final straw, and soon after he was kicked out of the band. You guys saw Stapp's reaction statement thingy, basically saying that Pearl Jam are a great band whom he and Creed wished to be as great as one day. Tremonti later said that he couldn't believe he (Marshall) said something like that, and was really angry and disappointed in him. He was out of the band a long while before the official announcement that Marshall was leaving for 'musical reasons' or something similar - the usual way of not giving a reason.

Soon after Phillips' friend Brett Hestla took over on tour. Then later on it emerges that Marshall is upset at the way royalties are being dealt with. Proceeds from the first two CDs he claims are now being paid to Stapp/Tremonti music inc or whatever its called, which was created, after Marshall left, to deal with the economic side of the band. He feels that he isn't getting as much as he should, also arguing about the songs being copywrited whatever under Stapp and Tremonti's names, not the entire band's.

It also emerged that Marshall hadn't been in contact with the other members of Creed since their parting, but apparently he had a nice break spending time with family and doing a fair bit of fishing before joining his current band, Grand Luxx. I've not heard a thing from them, so I'm not sure what they sound like or if they're still making music.

I don't know what youre talking about writing music extreme_LITHIUM, Brian only wrote bass lines because he played bass. Just as Phillips doesn't write the majority of lyrics, yet does all the drumming because, fancy that, he's the drummer. Maybe Marshall wasn't satisfied with his position in the band, but I heard he was playing bass for Grand Luxx too, so I don't know.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:07 AM   #26
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Maybe Bri do as Brett! Help another band....Creed may you gonna let him stay! I realy like him!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-01-2003, 12:26 PM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Nope, wrong of you WannaB! Brian didn't get fierd for thet littel stuff! He decided to leave Creed when the band wanted him to write music with Mark. You know, Scott write the lyrics, Mark the music, and Flip write the drums and keybord, but Bri didn't do anything else then play is bass.

sorry, Eric. you´re out of track. that was just stupid!
Old 06-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #28
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ~BleedGreen~
<b>*ahems* Uhh....hey guys! &nbsp;*waves sheepishly* Brand new here, but decided I'd post, simply because it's DAYUM late and I had something to say.

I was listening to a Tremo interview the other day from the same radio station whose interview got Marshall in trouble. &nbsp;Tremo kinda put it on the record that Marshall didn't really seem to care what he said a lot (not JUST the stuff about Vedder ), so it had been a source of disagreement within the bad for a while. &nbsp;This in mind, the Vedder stuff was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, and the band decided to let him go...you can stream the interview at the Creed Lounge. (creedlounge.com, methinks)

**GASP**

Okay, I'm done. &nbsp;And it's 4 am, so I'm gonna go sleep...and BTW, if anybody posts at the CreedPit BB, I post over there under RoadieBlitz. &nbsp;Rock on, y'all.

~Chrissy
The 100% Official Creed Roadie Wannabe
"Could Ernie use a partner?" </b>

*waves back at you*

welcome to the board!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 02:06 PM   #29
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
Until we can get the straight facts from Creed and Marshall, all this that has been said is speculation. Whether it was because of the comment, jelousy, or he never fit in, it does not matter because what happened happened and he won't come back. Let move on to to a new topic.....
Old 06-01-2003, 02:31 PM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »
What do you mean with: <i>"sorry, Eric. you´re out of track. that was just stupid!"</i>, Marcos? (then again as you know now my name is Sebastian but call me Lith)....Anyway...What did you mean?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor