++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ARRGGHH!! Too many things to sell.

Ok, gang, I'm not selling anything, I'm just venting at the number of fundraiser sales I will have going over the next month. This week it's Cherrydale Farms candy, wrapping paper and trinkets for school PTA, then at the end of Sept. it'll be pizza kits for Soccer, then October first it's Magazines and nuts for the Girl Scouts. Will this madness ever end???? The only thing I don't mind selling will be the Girl Scout cookies in January (basically because I know we can make a killing selling them). But the sheer number of fundraisers is ridiculous. People are going to run the other way when they see me coming!! And the worst part is, when you have people you work with who have kids in school, you have 3-4 people in the dept. all selling the same exact things for the various PTA's. It's NUTS!!!

Ok, I'm all done my rant.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-11-2003, 09:46 PM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Tell me about it. I have been called each night of each day to do something ever since we joined PTA. I have sold Savers Cards, candy, wrapping paper, candles, you name it. Daniel is doing every pizza party for the entire North Little Rock school district, for all of their fall festivals, rewards for selling the most, etc. I am WORN out.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:49 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I had actually bought 2 savers cards from my nephew at 10.00 each one Saturday and on Monday my kids were selling them. I am having the same problem at work as well, Teri. People all selling the same stuff. I think it's the same wrapping paper I sold when I was a child in elementary school, the same Almond Bark and the same magazines.................LOL!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:51 PM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
God I hope it's not the same Almond Bark from when I sold them as a kid in school. I would imagine it'd be pretty moldy by now!!

Old 09-11-2003, 10:00 PM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
LMAO.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:19 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Re: ARRGGHH!! Too many things to sell.

Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Ok, gang, I'm not selling anything, I'm just venting at the number of fundraiser sales I will have going over the next month. This week it's Cherrydale Farms candy, wrapping paper and trinkets for school PTA, then at the end of Sept. it'll be pizza kits for Soccer, then October first it's Magazines and nuts for the Girl Scouts. Will this madness ever end???? The only thing I don't mind selling will be the Girl Scout cookies in January (basically because I know we can make a killing selling them). But the sheer number of fundraisers is ridiculous. People are going to run the other way when they see me coming!! And the worst part is, when you have people you work with who have kids in school, you have 3-4 people in the dept. all selling the same exact things for the various PTA's. It's NUTS!!!

Ok, I'm all done my rant.

I understand what you're talking about, Teri. Some of my coworkers sell things for their kids which I have no problem with at all but the sales always to be at the same time and then there's nothing for the rest of the year. LOL!! It would be great if they spread the fundraisers out a little bit throught the school year. I like to support as many as I can but when they're all at the same time, it can be tough.

Relearn Love
Old 09-11-2003, 10:29 PM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
Whatever happened to good old fashioned car washes? Why is it all the kids are forced to do is SELL SELL SELL???? I feel your pain Teri, a lot of my friends say the same thing.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-11-2003, 10:38 PM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I still see the car washes around here, Jen. Mainly Cheerleaders. I guess the younger kids, they feel all they can do is sell items such as these.

I agree with you, Sheila, they should spread them out.

I am a BIG girl scout cookie supporter. I love the Samoa's.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:41 PM   #9
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
thats crazy
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-12-2003, 09:05 AM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
I think if the kids are too young to sell things, and go to the door themselves they should have other kinds of fundraisers. Isn't the parents the ones who do the selling anyways? I was at my friends house the other day and this little boy, I swear he could of only been 5 came to the door to sell stuff. I am sorry that is just ridiculous!!!! For the younger kids they should have parent involvement and have bake sales or something else!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-12-2003, 05:05 PM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I totally agree with you, Jen. What's funny is that they had a guest speaker for the savers cards to talk to the kids during the school day, and then they sent the savers cards home to sell with a note that afternoon. Daniel and I just laughed because our kids are at a school for only 3 and 4 year olds through the school district. No one, but 3 and 4 year olds in the cafeteria listening to some guy say, SELL SELL SELL! It was crackin' me up.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #12
Jez
USER INFO »
I cringed when not even a week into my son's school year last week, they were already asking him to start selling stuff again. I don't have realtives here in town and my friends are few and far between these days. I don't have a clue who to sell these terrificly overpriced items to. I can't even afford to buy anything for us right now.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 09-12-2003, 10:10 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
My old next door neighbor had 3 kids in school before any of mine were in school. She's a stay at home mom, her hubby is a salesman that doesn't work out of an office and her family all live out of state. So she had 3 sets of candy/magazines/wrapping paper to sell for her kids. I volunteered to take one of them into work and ended up selling over $165 in merchandise for her, but I can't imagine what I'd do or how much it would cost if I was in that situation! And they don't want the kids going door to door, so you're right, it always ends up being the parents who do the brunt of the selling.

Anytime I've ever seen car wash fundraisers it was always high school kids.

Old 09-12-2003, 10:22 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
All of the papers the kids have brought home in regards to selling, has clearly stated for them not to go door to door. I wouldn't allow them to do that anyway, they are too little, but I agree that the parents are the ones who have to handle it.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:56 AM   #15
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Ugh! I hated selling stuff like that in school
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot