++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Is There A Lesson Here?

Is there a lesson here?

"NECESSARY ACTION"

A lion was captured and placed in a large yard surrounded by a high fence. He soon became acquainted with the social life of the other lions who had been there a long time. The lions had divided themselves into several clubs, each with its own activities. One group met regularly to hate and slander the captors. Another group met to sing sentimentally about a future jungle having no fences. And a third group met to secretly plot violence against the other groups.

Each club tried to pressure the newcomer into joining, but something held him hack. His hesitation was caused by observing one particular lion who kept to himself and who seemed to be in deep thought. The newcomer shyly approached the solitary lion and requested an explanation of his apartness.

'Join nothing,' replied the lion. 'Those foolish creatures do everything but the necessary. I am doing what is essential, so one day I will be out of here. You are welcome to all the facts I have uncovered.'

'But what is this necessary thing you are doing?'

'Listen carefully. I am studying the nature of the fence.'"

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 01-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
souldancer
USER INFO »
The biggest lesson I face right now, as I am more reclusive and interior than usual is to be a lion that can, keep poised with my beliefs and ocassionally go out of the fence and be comfortable socially. While I understand peer pressure and 'following the norm' - i think, relationships are like 'peace'. It is dang easy to be peaceful in my room with the candle lit, but darn hard to keep that peaceful feeling when 'out in the world' - yet, I believe that is the goal - to carry and bring that peace forward.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #3
Altair
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
The biggest lesson I face right now, as I am more reclusive and interior than usual is to be a lion that can, keep poised with my beliefs and ocassionally go out of the fence and be comfortable socially. While I understand peer pressure and 'following the norm' - i think, relationships are like 'peace'. It is dang easy to be peaceful in my room with the candle lit, but darn hard to keep that peaceful feeling when 'out in the world' - yet, I believe that is the goal - to carry and bring that peace forward.

Indeed, to be at peace with what you are, wherever you are, at any time.

I also try to maintain peace in social situations, but sometimes get nervous. Compounding the problem, I get tense about the nerves and fight that feeling and the whole thing can spiral out of control. I need to be ok with the nervousness, let go.

"The more we live, let go" Jon Anderson

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 01-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Altair
USER INFO »
So, what's the lesson of the lion in the cage? Well, it appears that the solitary lion is attempting to understand what it is that confines him. In order to overcome an enemy, we need to understand it.

There are probably several lessons in this one, Lady.

—The Bhagavad Gita