++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-07-2002, 10:15 AM   #46
shunammite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The most addictive "drug" of all time is putting other people down to feel better about oneself.

It underlies a great deal of what passes for "religion". But it is abhorrent to God, according to the Bible, "stand thou not near to me, for I am holier than thou", the Bible says that is really what eating pigs is about, making yourself feel better by dissing someone else. And it is "smoke in the nose" of God, Is 65:4-5.

Give me a heroin addict over a pharisee anyday. I'd of course prefer Perfection, but that is hard to come by, we have to pick from the options available to us.

I think one of the strongest messages in Creed is about not putting down other people, and instead "getting each other's backs". Not stabbing them in them, though.

One, oh one, the only way is one.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:26 AM   #47
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
<b>The most addictive "drug" of all time is putting other people down to feel better about oneself.
One, oh one, the only way is one. </b>
Yeahhh - sing it! ONE! Thank you for that post! I have been sub teaching and friends and family cannot believe I choose the Continuing Ed high school students - the 'misfits, outcasts, troublemakers, the pained and forgotten - GIVE ME THESE REAL students over the elitists' children who wear labeled clothes on the outside and have narrow minds with judgemental hearts --OOPS! I know, I NEED To work on my judgement too...but, I just feel for those given up and left out. Let's bring them in our cirlce of love, help them believe, and tell them, ' don't stop dancing - you too can fly!'
Old 12-07-2002, 11:33 AM   #48
hotforscott
USER INFO »
That is wonderful to do what you are doing. I think it easy for some to forget about those who are less fortunate then others, but there are so many that don't forget them either. God Bless You.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:25 PM   #49
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
the 'misfits, outcasts, troublemakers, the pained and forgotten &nbsp;- GIVE ME THESE REAL students over the elitists' children who wear labeled clothes on the outside and have narrow minds with judgemental hearts --OOPS! &nbsp;I know, I NEED To work on my judgement too...
No, I really don't think you need to work on your judgement. If you sat in judgement of those who are less fortunate, the misfits, the outcasts, the troublemakers, put them down for not having much, then you'd need to work on it. However, those that you say have the narrow minds and judgemental hearts, THOSE are the ones that need to work on their judgement. In my opinion, you are doing just fine.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-07-2002, 01:27 PM   #50
JenRN
USER INFO »
Souldancer.... More teachers need to be like you! Those kids are sooo lucky to have you! Keep up the great work!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #51
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Souldancer.... More teachers need to be like you! &nbsp;Those kids are sooo lucky to have you! &nbsp;Keep up the great work!

That is the truth.