++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-21-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Label?

I was looking at posts here erlier and someone mentioned that Alter Bridge might be looking for a new label. Does anyone know more about this?

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-21-2005, 01:17 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmm, I haven't read or seen anything official about this. It wouldn't surprise me, though, given what Submersed have gone through lately. And I don't think AB was really happy about Wind Up hurriedly putting out the Creed Greatest Hits album. As I recall, the guys said they wouldn't lobby against it, but they weren't going to promote it, either.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
that would be fantastic if they did find a new label... sony, despite the fact that they're a nice little corporate behemoth, does a pretty good job promoting new artists & new releases... or at least better than WU did

Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
Creed7352
USER INFO »
they haven't said they are looking for a new label, fans have said they should and fans have speculated about it...or posted their wishes on it.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah. The last time I heard Mark comment anything on it was just before the release of ODR. He said they were like one big family, Wind-Up, Jeff Hanson Managetment and the band, and he didn't want to change anything about it. (He may not have used those exact words, though).

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Hmmmm, so it's just rumors. Thanks!

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah. The last time I heard Mark comment anything on it was just before the release of ODR. He said they were like one big family, Wind-Up, Jeff Hanson Managetment and the band, and he didn't want to change anything about it. (He may not have used those exact words, though).

that being said, they're not particularly happy with windup right now...they won't do another single so if you want to get one more single out of ODR, Metalingus preferably, you'll have to do some promotion and requesting of your own, including sending emails to windup and getting friends to do the same. that way, the label will see we want more alter bridge!
Old 10-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I sent an e-mail to Wind-Up but Michael said it wasn't necessary to send e-mails to them anymore...

Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
titan9
USER INFO »
They don't listen and they are poor, particularly when it comes to PR and responding to emails. They had this fan site contest that promised an iPod to the grand prize winner, and autographed posters to the second prize winners. Well, it involved four bands: 12 Stones, Submersed, Finger Eleven and Strata. I and another guy got together and created the 12 Stones site in my sig. We worked our tails off and got it in just before the 12:00AM December 1, 2004 deadline. They promised that the judging(by the bands themselves) would take place by the 14th of said month. So all of us(who submitted fan sites) waited patiently. The 20th came around and there was still no results. So we emailed them and they got back(a few days later) and told us that there would be no judging until after the Holiday break. Fair enough. So then New Year's came along and still no results. I emailed them and it took forever for them to respond. They eventually released the results and we came in second. That meant we were to get a autographed 12 Stones poster. So I sent my friend's mailing address(I gave up the prize to him because he paid for all of the costs associated with the web site and because he deserved it more than I) and a few weeks later, my friend got a package. However, it was not the autographed poster. Instead, it was a Broken EP. So not only did they delay for months, but they didn't even deliver. They lied.

I just felt that I needed to share that to give further proof that WU does not care about those who are purchasing CDs/concert tickets by their bands.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #10
Creed7352
USER INFO »
yeah marcos, i know...but he's changed his mind on that as of a couple weeks ago...maybe they had talks with windup and that is what windup told them? i don't know...he just said to email now. LOL
Old 10-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
changed his mind how? as like "give time to wind-up, they'll do their job" or "fuck wind-up, we're done with them" ???

it's pointless to e-mail them anyway... I don't think they ever read it... but if I got the CEO's address, it would be different! :P
Old 10-23-2005, 05:04 AM   #12
Creed7352
USER INFO »
well before michael said don't email them...now he said email them. he changed his mind...lol
Old 10-24-2005, 06:14 AM   #13
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
in this months CLASSIC ROCK magazine there is an interview with mark and he voicces his concerns about the current label in that.

worth a read
Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 AM   #14
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by UK_Bridge) in this months CLASSIC ROCK magazine there is an interview with mark and he voicces his concerns about the current label in that.

worth a read
I'll check it out, thank you

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #15
ctfan
USER INFO »
I was under the impression that Wind-Up had dropped (or was going to) Alter Bridge a couple months ago. Read somewhere (and can't remember which site it was, VH1 maybe?) that Mike himself had confirmed/or posted something along those lines at an AB site.

If this is not the case, and it's just a rumor, I sincerely apologize.