++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 06-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Appreciate the ones around you!

A guy I went to school with and was friends with commited suicide today. His Mom found him in their garage. It's so sad. His girlfriend died almost 2 years ago and now they both leave behind a 2 year old daughter. My cousin was just with him last weekend at the beach and my friend talked to his Dad a week ago. They said he was doing good and things seemed fine. What's my point of this thread, well..............I guess put his family in your thoughts and/or prayers. And this is such a dose of reality so I realize that you really never know what tomorrow will hold. Tell the ones you care about how you feel and don't let friends fall behind. I hadn't seen him in like 4 years............and now, I never will. Appreciate the ones around you!

-Sherri
Old 06-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
That is very sad
I am so sorry for your loss! Its hard to believe how much something like this can be hidden by those around you and only shown by the one that does this, it happens all around us. I've never know someone that comitted suicide but I've heard stories from others of how the week prior they seemed just fine and then Bam they are gone, its truely a sad thing Again, In am truely sorry for your loss!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-08-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
whitebird
USER INFO »
Sherri, you are so very right, we should express to those we love and care for, how much we love them.

I'm saddened that you lost your friend. Even though you had not seen this man for a while, the ties that bind our lives together, never break.

You have learned through hardship, and are now sharing this knowledge with others.

I've learned too, this is how we grow. Take care, and thank you, I needed to be reminded of this also today.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Thank you whitebird, you're words put a smile on my face!

Sherri
Old 06-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #5
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
That's horrible. I know first-hand what suicide can do to a person mentally. It's a place I've been all too many times. You never know when a bout of depression is going to hit.
"There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend. It will help you carry on in the end."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) That's horrible. I know first-hand what suicide can do to a person mentally. It's a place I've been all too many times. You never know when a bout of depression is going to hit.
"There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend. It will help you carry on in the end." Thats True You Never Do Know, It Just Hits And people who have friends or Fam, To have killed theme self Seem To Take On Life Long Burdens, this i know And Yes That Pece Let It Be Your Friend

H-D
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-09-2004, 12:13 AM   #7
Nala
USER INFO »
Hi, my name is Nala and I'm relatively new to the site. I hope you don't mind my responding to your thread. I know I'm an unknown but, it caught my attention. I'm very sorry for your loss... I wish it could be undone. God bless and take care. You and your friend's family are in my thoughts and prayers
Old 06-09-2004, 01:59 AM   #8
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Welcome to the board, Nala!

14Fuel, I am so sorry to hear this, that is really sad and I hate hearing about things like this. I know the pain that someone goes through when they are grieving, someone close to me lost a very special person in their life to suicide. Even though I didn't go through the pain myself, seeing someone grieiving and depressed over it, words can't explain how much pain you go through yourself becacuse of that.

Anyway, I am very sorry to hear that. Try and be there for his family as much as you can, and what you said about appreciating the ones around you, your loved ones, is very true, and we shouldn't take anything for granted, because you never know when it may end.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Hi Nala

Welcome to the board!
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 06-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Sherri, well said. I'm so sorry for your loss. And yes, I will keep their family and you in my thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, too many people know first-hand all about the pain of losing to someone to suicide. I wish they didn't.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:06 PM   #11
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I have dealt with depression for a long time, like Colin I have had times when I was suicidal myself and it sucks but I am learning to overcome them and not to act out on it! Its hjard but I don't want to take the easy way out, enduring the hard times makes us stronger
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 06-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #12
14Fuel
USER INFO »
First of all Nala..........warm welcome!! Reply any time! And second thank you guys so much for the support and kind words. I'm so sorry for you that have had to go through it yourself and/or dealing with knowing someone who is now gone. I just have found more and more people that relate to this. I mean, I knew that this was a huge problem in todays society but everywhere I turn there is someone who knows how I'm feeling because they too have gone throught the same thing. And I think the one thing that is hitting me hard it the fact that he left behind his two year old daughter. Her and my son are almost exactly the same age. I mean, her Mom died over a year ago and now she doesn't have her Daddy either. But she does have loving grandparents that I'm sure will now raise her. Still sad knowing she won't grow up having parents. Anyway, thank you guys again for everything. You're the best.

Julie and Colin...........I have delt with depression my whole life. Not myself but EVERYONE in my family. My brother and I are the only ones who didn't end up with it. When I turned 18 I had a hard time for a few months but worked through it..................but like I said on one side of my family everyone is going through this. So if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Even if you guys don't know me too well, I've learned that sometimes it just helps to vent. Take care guys.................

-Sherri
Old 06-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #13
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Thank you Sherri

Everyone in my family has been through it as well, except for maybe my younger brother and my dad, my dad and younger bro are very optimisic and things hardly ever bother them. My older brother has been dealing with depression for quite sometime now to You right, venting does help a lot! This year around January, I got so depressed that I barely left the house except to go to the gym, when I was invited to friends houses I said no and stayed home cuz I didn't want to be around anyone, I treated my brother badly to cuz I just got very angry easily over the slightest things! I feel really badly about it to!
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 06-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #14
14Fuel
USER INFO »
I'm sure you did feel bad............unfortunatly depression is something that is out of your control. I'm sure your brother understood what was going on though. It sneeks up and gets the best of ya. Thank God for meds!!! Other wise my family get-togethers would be quite intersting. Shoot, this weekend we had a gathering and it ended with my Aunt and Uncle leaving the beach and not even saying bye to anyone because my Aunt felt secluded. And everyone was on their meds too! Everything is ok now but it took a sit down dinner with chinese food last night to work it out! Ohhhh the crazyness. hehehe I'm always the one bouncing back and forth trying to work things out on both sides............but ya know, I like being the one trying to help.

Like I said girl..........anytime.........anytime!

-Sherri
Old 06-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #15
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I havn't tried any kind of meds for depression, I'm kinda afraid to try it , cuz I've been addicted to diet pills for a long time I'm afraid that I will become dependant on them, plus they cost a lot am I'm poor right now
alone
All I know
on my own