++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2002, 11:28 AM   #1
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
teri and dogstar

ok, i am about to call the arena. what are the specifics i should ask them for the chicago show? what all do i need to know ahead of time?
Old 12-02-2002, 11:50 AM   #2
JenRN
USER INFO »
Well...... I am not Teri or Dogstar BUT I have been to enough shows to give you some advice!

1) Find out what time people are allowed to start lining up
2) find a map of the arena and make a game plan on how you are going to get to the area you want.
3) Find out if cameras are allowed, for most fo the Creed shows the answer is NO!
4) Find out how they work their general admission, meaning is it first come first serve? or do they actually have seat numbers, most venues have seat numbers strictly for a fire code, so they don't get a violation.
5) Find out if they offer in or outdoor waiting areas!
6) Know where the restrooms are and plan your trip accordingly! Either have someone your with hold your area or go BEFORE you line up!
7) Find out how the work their lines, for GA, some people form lines and some have a mass of people rush the gate!

I will try to think of other things!

Have a great time!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-02-2002, 12:22 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jen, great list. Here are a couple of more questions I would ask.
If you are driving, find out about parking, as in how early you can get in the lot.

Also, if you are going GA, find out how many gates will be open for lines. Some venues have one, others like the one at Penn State, had FOUR lines going to one area for wristbands. It's a little nutty, but if you know the drill, it minimizes the angst.

Find out how/if they will distribute wristbands. Some do it while folks with GA tix are lined up outside, others wait until you are inside. If inside, find out exactly where you have to go once inside the arena.

Also, find out how many entrances there are to the floor area. If there is more than one, make sure you get in on the side you want. For instance, I always want to be on Mark's side.

Once you get there, make friends with security. This can invaluable. You can find out from them the real deal because sometimes the venue folks on the phone don't have a clue.
Find out how the stage is set up, for example, which way it is facing, so you will know on which side to enter.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:30 PM   #4
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks so much you guys, my first 2 shows were here and I am so used to it that I played it by ear, but I have never been to Chicago so I wanted some advice. Thanks so much!
Old 12-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I am GA, so i will want to be on Marks side. I will start doing my research, I am so excited. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:39 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yer very welcome. Good luck!
Old 12-04-2002, 04:00 AM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
You have some great tips there! Just a couple other thoughts..
Find out about parking, last night's venue wouldn;t let cars onto the lot until 5pm.
Watch your fluid intake as the concert time approaches.
If you are first in line - check with security to know, establish where the BEGINNING of the line is. If you are not first, get a count to know what your # is....(and make the others let you know if they are holding spaces for their friends)
As dogstar said, make friends with all venue staff - security - that is invaluable!
Don't expect that the event staff to know what they are doing...they are sometime so disorganized it can make you nuts!
When you GET TO THE RAIL, hold a wide space securely, and stand firm right before Creed comes on because the crowd can start to push!!!!
HAVE FUNNNNNNN
Old 12-04-2002, 09:55 AM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
i know at past creed shows, i barely had moving room on the rail, but i will be sure this time that i am prepard. did you make it to the rail souldancer? how early did you go and get in line?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:04 PM   #9
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
You have some great tips there! Just a couple other thoughts..
Find out about parking, last night's venue wouldn;t let cars onto the lot until 5pm.  
Watch your fluid intake as the concert time approaches.
If you are first in line - check with security to know, establish where the BEGINNING of the line is. If you are not first, get a count to know what your # is....(and make the others let you know if they are holding spaces for their friends)
As dogstar said, make friends with all venue staff - security - that is invaluable!  
Don't expect that the event staff to know what they are doing...they are sometime so disorganized it can make you nuts!  
When you GET TO THE RAIL, hold a wide space securely, and stand firm right before Creed comes on because the crowd can start to push!!!!  
HAVE FUNNNNNNN

also, what did you wear to stay warm and also keep you from beig miserable and hot inside the arena?
Old 12-04-2002, 04:14 PM   #10
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
also, what did you wear to stay warm and also keep you from beig miserable and hot inside the arena?

Yes, made it to the rail Monday! Got in line at 7:45 AM, (but didn;t need to be there that early, but I don't like to take chances...)
Layer up and place your sweater on the OUTSIDE of your tshirt (Teri and Dogstar can vouch for my insanity).Just have something that you can tie around yourself. And, in the late afternoon you should be able to run any leftover items to your car (or someone elses). We take a boom box, some snacks and water and blankets as you can freeze your A$$ off sitting on cold concrete!

PS Take a sharpie/perm marker and have something IN CASE you have an autograph. opp!
Old 12-04-2002, 04:18 PM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
thanks so much, I will remember that. i need to be planning my wardrobe as of now and see what all i need to buy.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:56 PM   #12
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar

Once you get there, make friends with security. This can invaluable. You can find out from them the real deal because sometimes the venue folks on the phone don't have a clue.
Find out how the stage is set up, for example, which way it is facing, so you will know on which side to enter.  

You have got to be one of the smartest people I know!! that's the best answer of all...we know, don't we!!! Hail to Chad!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 12-05-2002, 12:07 AM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Chad is KING!!!!!!! There should be a Chad waiting for us at every venue we go to. We would be the most spoiled Creed fans in the history of Creed fans.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:37 AM   #14
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Chad is KING!!!!!!! There should be a Chad waiting for us at every venue we go to. We would be the most spoiled Creed fans in the history of Creed fans.

And deservedly (sp) so!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 12-05-2002, 01:18 AM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvscott4ever
You have got to be one of the smartest people I know!!  that's the best answer of all...we know, don't we!!! Hail to Chad!!  

LOL, sometimes my brain works ! Really, though, Chad was the MAN. Teri, you are so right. I wish there were a Chad at every venue. He took such good care of us.