++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Critics take shots!! A rant

As a fan of Mark Tremonti and company I have to say I am really sickened by two things...1) That the media and critics have been and continue to be hard on these guys...Were all human and we all make mistakes, we forget that...Mark would not have worked with Stapp again if he were not sure about it...Scott and company believe they have something to prove and if this group is motivated collectively they could possibly reclaim their status, but they still have miles to go...
2.) The Alter Bridge Fans....Okay I can understand being upset about a band breaking up but really....I think Tremonti's brother was justified in defending his brother and admonishing the bridge fans...A true fan would support them..Its still Mark, Flip and Brian and they rock regardless Stapp or no Stapp..To the Bridge fans..give these guys some support and not alienate miles from them with the drama.They cant do it without your support!!
Let me know how you all feel about it:
-
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Re: Critics take shots!! A rant

Hey man I'm with you..I was a huge CREED fan back in the day..when Creed broke up it was like something died inside me..I followed Alter Bridge and was amazed by the guitar work by Mark..now seeing the guys get back together made me realize the guys needed to part ways and do their own things and now its time to get back to business. The guys have grown as musicians and I bet "Full Circle" is going hit us like a ton of bricks!! As far as Alter Bridge, its hard to swallow that if this tour and album is HUGE, that 3/4 of Creed will continue with AB. We will have to see..its like reading a good book and we have keep reading to get to the next chapter.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I agree as well...no need to be negative about anything really, theres a lot to look forward to on both sides! and even Stapp is defended AB which makes me happy, I'm just glad this is happening for the right reasons and it seems like their finally getting along which was way overdue. Creed was too great to just leave it behind for good.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

-Honestly its a bunch of bs...When Alter bridge went and formed I was devastated that Creed broke up but I still followed them all because they always put an effort in for us the fans...Fuck critics...Opinions are like assholes...everyones got one....
Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) Opinions are like assholes...everyones got one....

..and they all stink...
Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) -Honestly its a bunch of bs...When Alter bridge went and formed I was devastated that Creed broke up but I still followed them all because they always put an effort in for us the fans...Fuck critics...Opinions are like assholes...everyones got one....
Lets Put,em In The Ring cant fight the media indeed nobody cares what the media has to say let,em have a ball if it makes,em happy
Old 05-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #7
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »

Brian, Watch Scott.

That's it.

Been to rehab yet, Stapp? Didn't think so.

http://tomluv.livejournal.com/13923.html
Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
creedsoul~
USER INFO »

If they can get the new album released before the tour, everyone will shut up. nuff said.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

they,ll get,er done i have no doubt about that Critics soons shuts up if certain lines be crossed and hopefully i dont feel those lines ~PEACE~
Old 05-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) I agree as well...no need to be negative about anything really, theres a lot to look forward to on both sides! and even Stapp is defended AB which makes me happy, I'm just glad this is happening for the right reasons and it seems like their finally getting along which was way overdue. Creed was too great to just leave it behind for good.
AMEN I do A agree Everythings Going Be Killer
Old 05-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #11
video747
USER INFO »

Critics always hate on the popular mainstream rock bands like Creed.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
alitea
USER INFO »

I agree. I hate the negativity. Some people are really hard on the guys for no apparent reason. I absolutely love Creed. When they broke up I was sad but I do love and support AB too. When I heard Creed were reuniting I was shocked but thrilled. This is a dream come true for me. Creed will always hold a special place in my heart.

Whatever happened bewteen the guys before is irrelevant. If they are happy and willing to do this, I am willing to support it. Afterall it is not like any of them did anything to me personally. I really do not understand some people but I guess to each thier own.

I say rock on Creed and I cannot wait to hear the new album!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Critics just say that stuff to get ratings. People would rather see "Scott Stapp drunk!" or "Creed Scandal" than "Post-Grunge rock band working on 4th album". Its just what draws the crowds. Is it right? OF COURSE NOT!!!! But thats the way our society works. In the words of James Hetfield:

"YOU KNOW ITS SAD BUT TRUE!!!!"
Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by CollectiveSoul) Brian, Watch Scott.

That's it.

Been to rehab yet, Stapp? Didn't think so.

http://tomluv.livejournal.com/13923.html
that from 2005, and not a credible source
Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #15
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

I dont think critics know anything about music...Most of them are good writers who have little clue about good rock music...Creed never got a four star review for any album and went on to sell millions and draw millions to their shows...I feel that the guys are gonna give us fans something a little extra on this next cd..I think people are fools for thinking they are just going to throw a bunch of crap together and package it...This is their reputation, one which Mark Tremonti takes very seriously..I hope they blow our doors off!!

Last edited by Tremontiriffs77 : 06-02-2009 at 12:09 AM.