++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #31
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
And country music is very right-wing, but with a few exceptions (Commie Chicks).
Old 05-14-2004, 09:09 PM   #32
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) How the hell isn't Wind-Up right-wing?

Really though, think carefully and it's pretty obvious.

wind-up is "conserative" but none of the artists are in your face right wing.

pearl jam have always being liberal but showing it more so now! Vs has liberal overtones if you care to read the lyrics (ten as well to a lesser extent)
radiohead are not popular? ever heard of a little album named "ok computer" or tiny weeny hit called "creep"?
the pixies-late 80's legends and bands like nirvana oh them a huge debt.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:19 AM   #33
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Pearl Jam until now are liberal influenced and that's because they suck now.

Audioslave are liberal, but they don't have liberal lyrics.

Rage Against the Machine is no more.

Last I remembered, Radiohead isn't famous or popular. They're as good as independent. Losers!

Who the fuck are the Pixies? Queer name if you ask me.

Coldplay suck.

Congratulations... you are now a certified dumb ass.

Pearl Jam can "suck" in your own warped mind... doesn't mean they don't have a following that support their liberal viewpoints.

Audioslave can have liberal lyrics. They're not always going to be written out for you... you may actually have to think about your music, interesting concept I know, but give it a try.

Radiohead is famous AND popular, as if that means anything anyway... plus they're ten times the band you worship.

The Pixies are the band that began the foundation for so many other bands, including in some ways, Creed, to exist. If you don't know who the Pixies are... your opinion means jack when it comes to music.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-15-2004, 02:19 AM   #34
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Congratulations... you are now a certified dumb ass.

Pearl Jam can "suck" in your own warped mind... doesn't mean they don't have a following that support their liberal viewpoints.

Audioslave can have liberal lyrics. They're not always going to be written out for you... you may actually have to think about your music, interesting concept I know, but give it a try.

Radiohead is famous AND popular, as if that means anything anyway... plus they're ten times the band you worship.

The Pixies are the band that began the foundation for so many other bands, including in some ways, Creed, to exist. If you don't know who the Pixies are... your opinion means jack when it comes to music.

Pearl Jam kicked ass when they kicked ass.

Who cares if Audioslave "can have" liberal lyrics.

Radiohead sucks ass. They aren't selling worth a damn right now. They're trying too hard to be another Pink Floyd. Ten times better than Creed? Bullshit.

The Pixies sure influenced Nirvana, but Nirvana also sucks. My opinion doesn't mean jack if I'm not familiar with The Pixies? I really don't care about some whiny, hippy, anti-American band.

Shut up and hug a tree, hippy.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 05-15-2004 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:14 AM   #35
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Pearl Jam kicked ass when they kicked ass.

Who cares if Audioslave "can have" liberal lyrics.

Radiohead sucks ass. They aren't selling worth a damn right now. They're trying too hard to be another Pink Floyd. Ten times better than Creed? Bullshit.

The Pixies sure influenced Nirvana, but Nirvana also sucks. My opinion doesn't mean jack if I'm not familiar with The Pixies? I really don't care about some whiny, hippy, anti-American band.

Shut up and hug a tree, hippy.

come on don't start with the anti-american rubbish! speaking out against foreign policy for instance is anti-american? what is anti-american is sitting on your hands and doing nothing when things are obviously out of whack!

pearl jam kicked ass when they kicked ass? actually that sounds like a quote from chad kroger, said something similar to that in fact. too bad nickelback will never be half the band pj was and still is.

what does what radiohead sell got to do with the quality of the music? nothing exactly....it doesn't matter if you sell diamond records or a couple of thousand as long as its good music. lets come a bit closer to home TOW! MF4 did they ever sell any great amount of albums? nope but they got respect and sold far less then any of radiohead's albums even kid a or amnesiac. have a read of any english publication and see if radiohead don't matter....some of their stuff can get a bit weird but they certainly do not suck.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Radiohead sucks ass. They aren't selling worth a damn right now.
Sales do not equal quality music as many others have said here before. Witness Britney Spears and the Back Street Boys and countless other prepackaged made-for-MTV bands.

Quote: They're trying too hard to be another Pink Floyd.
??? You really are clueless. And even if they were, that's a pretty solid band to emulate.

Quote: Ten times better than Creed?
You betcha. Radiohead is awesome. Get your head out of your ass.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:38 PM   #37
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Radiohead being great is your opinion as it is my opinion saying they suck.

And your reference to the Backstreet Boys, they're an exception since they're a pop group.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 05-15-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:08 PM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You really are thick in the head. I'm talking about music in general when I say sales don't equal quality music. I just happened to think of the crappiest music I could that makes millions. There are plenty of good, talented bands who can't get heard because they won't kiss MTV's ass or fit the record exec's *formula* for sales. And there are a ton of pseudo punk/rock emo crap bands selling a ton that suck big time. Most of the crap on the radio comes to mind: Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, Trapt....the list goes on.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:11 PM   #39
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Music & Critics

Hmmm... what can the "critics" say??

Maybe that Myles is a Ian Thornley (Big Wreck) ripp of LOL!!

They do sound alike in the higher parts IMO...

Here is what the owner of the Mayfield-Four-Net- site said about them:

Of all the bands I've heard, I'd say that Big Wreck's sound has the most in common with Mayfield Four's sound. Lead Singer Ian Thornley has a wonderful voice with great range and attitude. The music has a style and a quality not matched by many bands. Big Wreck is a true rock band.

I first found out about Big Wreck the first time I saw the Mayfield Four live, in Detroit. MF4 was opening for them on their tour back in 1998. They were a perfect pair of bands to see together.

I highly recommend both their most recent album, 2001's The Pleasure and the Greed and 1997's In Loving Memory Of. Myles does backing vocals on the song "Breakthrough" on The Pleasure and the Greed.

Myles did backing vocals on a Big Wreck song!! Wow! Didn't knew that!

And since they were such a "perfect pair of bands to see together"...
I can imagine a performance of THORNLY(Ian Thornley's new band) and ALTER BRIDGE together would be juuuuuuuuust as nice????

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 05-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #40
altered
USER INFO »
nice

Nice post WeatheredWoman~
Old 05-16-2004, 04:44 PM   #41
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Just curious as to how you draw the conclusion that "Wind-up is conservative" ??

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-16-2004, 05:15 PM   #42
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) And your reference to the Backstreet Boys, they're an exception since they're a pop group.

So is Creed jackass.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-16-2004, 05:52 PM   #43
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) Who cares what the critics say as long as the fans like it~

I've never given a rip what a critic thinks, and generally have no interest in having someone else tell me what I should or shouldn't like, listen to or watch. The fact that Creed has sold somewhere around what.....23 million, indicates to me that alot of other people don't either. That has to piss off a critic....to slam a CD and then have it go on to sell 11 million copies.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:20 PM   #44
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) So is Creed jackass.

Creed isn't a pop group.

Now go listen to indie rock, loser.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #45
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just curious as to how you draw the conclusion that "Wind-up is conservative" ??

The way the company works. Their strategies. They treat their artists like "family".