++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
RangerJim
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

Quote: (Originally Posted by maccamer) I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by maccamer) I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #18
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Sorry I posted so many times. Computer was lagging.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #19
maccamer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

Ranger Jim,

Glad you are diggin the album. Creed's Full Circle is a 2009 album, so I can't exactly count that one. STP's album.....hmmmm.....I'll have to give that one a couple more spins to say I'd agree. It just felt too disconnected since they didn't write that one together in a house or studio. Writing in different studios away from each other....you can usually feel that the organic chemistry isn't there. Just my opinion. I'll give the self titled album another spin. I also had to give Tiny Music a lot of listens before I started to dig those tracks.

Also, Alter Bridge ROCKS!!!! The new album is my new favorite! Anyone complaining it is too long is crazy! All excellent songs that should be on the album!

Last edited by maccamer : 10-02-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #20
nagpo
USER INFO »

Holy shit brah way to post.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
nagpo
USER INFO »

I just realized that it comes out in the states in NOVEMBER. What the f. And the price is quite high even for the US version. I thought they were trying to stop piracy. Also, don't forget the B-side from the Japanese version, some one get on that.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #22
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I just realized that it comes out in the states in NOVEMBER. What the f.
Exactly why I wasn't about to wait.

If I was in AUS or Europe, I would have just waited for the CD.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
Inspired
USER INFO »

As I felt with the other albums a few of the songs are really good, better than anything else that I'm aware of (I'm not really looking very hard for other things) but the rest of the songs are unremarkable and some of them are even pop and sappy (I couldn't even make it through Ghosts of Days Gone By or Breathe Again.

I almost wish the whole thing would suck because it annoys me to know that they are capable of creating great songs and don't. Also, the few great songs keep me a fan and maybe I should just accept that I don't like the direction they've chosen to go in and find other bands.

It still feels like they are forcing mainstream, soft rock songs on there and I had hoped that with Creed back together, and Tremonti stating that Creed was the more commercial band, they would stop doing that. They also seem to have parts of songs that are heavy like the intro, bridge and sometimes verse and then they insert a generic sounding hooky, light chorus in which makes it sound like they are either trying to make a song sound commercial or trying to make a commercial song sound heavy. Either way it prevents the song from flowing. I wonder if this is an effect of being successful. There were only two songs on My Own Prison that were pop-like at the end. The rest of the album, song after song was good, heave and substantial. I really miss that.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #24
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

I took a deeper listen last night. I LOVE Slip To The Void, Isolation, I Know It Hurts and Life Must Go On.

Wonderful Life is pretty good too, especially for a softer single. Reminds me a lot of In Loving Memory which is a beautiful song.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #25
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

AB III is a big disappointment. Really no memorable songs in there. Retarded schoolboy lyrics. Predictable riffs and melodies, that sound more mainstream than CREED. The best AB album was One Day Remains. No surprise at that, as Mark alone created it. Imagine if Stapp would do the vocals in it! That would be the very essence of CREED. As we get more input from Myles, the less there is anything to enjoy. His screams and howls are all over the record. Myles needs to go solo. He is a gifted musician, who would only gain more recognition of by doing that. As for Mark, I would recommend more to concentrate on CREED or work on his own material. I wish Mark would shut down this whole AB project and make the most of his own potential, alone or together with CREED.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:36 AM   #26
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) As for Mark, I would recommend more to concentrate on CREED or work on his own material. I wish Mark would shut down this whole AB project and make the most of his own potential, alone or together with CREED.

I loved One Day Remains too, but I totally disagree. If anything, this album proves that Creed needs to be put to bed permanently. Stapp sounds like a drunk idiot singing karaoke these days. His voice from '97-02 is dead and never coming back.

Myles' vocals & range are phenomenal, and the lyrics are far from "retarded." Obviously you can't relate to what he's saying since you love Stapp, the guy who wrote some of the cheesiest pop lyrics of all time.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #27
nagpo
USER INFO »

Both of you guys are fucking crazy.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #28
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

I just don't get all the Myles hype. What's so special about him? Does his moans make you salivate??? Just a regular whining hypocrite, who happens to have something of a vocal range and some guitar skills. Other than that - I see millions of Myles's around every single day. I better enjoy the cheesiest pop lyrics of all time sung by a hypocrite, douche and egomaniac Stapp, than to listen to meaningful truisms about "Wonderful life... and Life mus go on!..etc." sung by a common cool guy.

Stapp has a unique style both of writing and singing, though I agree that his voice has somewhat deteriorated, but that does not make it less enjoyable. The special aura, that special something that Kennedy is lacking, is still there. He may not be a very approachable and likeable person, but what does it matter to me? I enjoy his work and respect the talent.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #29
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

You joined in 2003, and only have 26 posts?

Myles is an amazing singer, he doesn't hold a candle in the slightest, reugardless of what anybody says to prime stapp. But his voice is amazing none the less. Honeslty I don't get how you can call Myles and Hypocrite either. What makes you think like that? Creed will put out a new album, I hope it is better than Full Circle though as that album wasn't very good. I used to hate Myles too, and only liked the Creed sounding songs. But now I understand that that was only because i was bitter about Creed not being together anymore. Which I think is your problem.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #30
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

I've listened to the cd a few times now and while it's musically amazing, I agree with the comments others have made in that there are no real good radio friendly songs. After the third listen through I think this album is more of a CD I'd put on in the background while I'm working, versus something I'd blast in my car on a long drive in the summer. There's no big standout songs that really hit you.

I'm not saying I don't like the album, its just not as memorable as ODR and Blackbird.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"