++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Fans By City
Today's Posts «

Old 11-27-2002, 03:44 AM   #16
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sounds like a plan to me. The way we worked it in Ft. Wayne, we tried to be a human chain not allowing anyone to break through and get ahead of us. Didn't work out like we planned but we still made it to exactly where we wanted to be through sheer determination and love of the band. Let's try to get together!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-27-2002, 03:10 PM   #17
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Thanks

Hi Souldancer (I love that name....I'm a dancer too!) and Dogstar and thanks so much for your reply. I guess I'll just have to stay dry that day so I won't lose my spot. I guess "on the rail" means you're in the front row....oh my God, I can't wait to be that close! Do you feel totally smushed? I tried to get onto the floor at the Hershey show with my sister but some freaky guy kept grabbing her butt so we moved to the side...I could dance there so, I was ok. But, I want to be able to see his eyes while he sings...whew! Anyway, what time should I get there to be sure that this happens? I'm going to be driving in from a Yoga retreat in the mountains on that day (leaving early so, I can see the show....another kind of spiritual connection, yay!). How early do I need to arrive? Also, I would love to catch up w/you in person...so let me know and I look forward to meeting you. Be well and I'll talk to you soon.
PEACE...inside us all!
Karin
Old 11-27-2002, 03:18 PM   #18
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Just wanted to say hi to TeriB too....thanks for the message and hope to meet you there...keep me posted, thanks.
Peace,
Karin
Old 11-27-2002, 07:13 PM   #19
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Karin, where in PA are you from? How long will it take you to get to the Spectrum from where you are? Dogstar will be there before I will, as I have to work until around 2:30. But I'll be joining her in line around 4. If you PM me, we can touch base, exchange cell phone #'s etc and try to set up a plan.

By the rail, we mean on the barricade about 3 feet from the stage. No sitting there, and yes, sometimes you will get smushed but it's all worth it. Every bump and bruise! Besides, if it gets too much the security guys will lift you over the rail and lead you to safety.

Old 11-28-2002, 12:16 AM   #20
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Thanks TeriB. I sent you a PM...look forward to talking to you. How many of you guys have been on the rail...was it awesome?!! Do you basically stand there and scream for the whole show...I always lose my voice at their shows anyway. Maybe we can get some info from the Spectrum about how they are handling GA's...will we have to wait to get in the gate? Sigh...I need to stop obsessing about this and get some sleep before Thanksgiving family hell (naw..it's all good). Catch ya later. Be well all and good night.

Karin
Old 12-01-2002, 10:07 PM   #21
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Dogstar?

Hey Dogstar!
Teri and I have been emailing this week to get together for the NYE show. I am planning to meet you guys at the Spectrum as early as possible that day. Perhaps you and I can connect via email/phone and meet up since Teri won't be getting there till 4pm. You can email me and I'll be happy to get back to ya. Look forward to meeting you and hope you had a great holiday.
Peace...inside us all!!!
Karin
Old 12-02-2002, 04:28 AM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey, Kboo, I will e-mail you soon. I want to get a little more info from the Spectrum before I decide what time I want to go. You can bet it will be pretty early, though. I live in Roxborough, and I'll be parking downtown at work and taking the subway down, I think. Don't want to deal with the parking situation. My guess is they won't let cars in until the afternoon, but I could be wrong. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:25 AM   #23
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Quote: My guess is they won't let cars in until the afternoon, but I could be wrong. I'll keep you posted.

No way! That really blows my early arrival plans out of the water. Are there any parking garages close to this place? Dogstar, do you have any idea how you are going to prepare for the freezing cold weather? This will be a first for me to stand in line all day, and I must admit....I am a wimp :chic: or chicken however you want to put it, when it comes to the cold. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:01 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Tantraess, I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think there are parking garages there. The Spectrum is part of the First Union Sports Complex. Also in the area are the First Union Center (where the Flyers play), and Veterans Stadium (where the Eagles and Phillies play) plus new construction of the two stadiums for football and baseball. It's in South Philly and there really isn't anything else around but this massive complex. Parking is all in huge lots. I'm not sure which lots they will open and when. It also depends on what is going on at the other venues. I have decided not to park there. I can park at my work downtown and then take the Broad Street line subway, which has a stop right at the complex.

Re: cold weather. Most people who park at the venue have supplies for the day. They bundle up with sleeping bags, heavy coats or blankets and have camp chairs, food, whatever. Somebody always has a boombox to play Creed while we wait. About an hour and half before the doors open, they dump whatever they have back in their cars. If you've been there all day, most people around you will hold your spot for you. It helps if you come with somebody. Coats are tricky because if you have to take them inside it can get dang hot on the rail. I wore layers and a very light jacket, which then doubled as a cushion on the rail. You get pushed a lot, and my sternum (sp?) is usually right up against it.
I'm guessing it will be much colder this time, though, so I'm not sure about gloves and stuff. I guess I'll have to use the same plan and stuff the gloves in the pockets or something.

Hope this has helped a bit. Oh, and if you are going to be there all day, don't drink a lot of liquids. The complex doesn't have anything within walking distance as far as food, or places to eat.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:28 PM   #25
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Oh Boy!! Sounds like great fun!! I am taking the fact that there are no Restaurants close by as no bathrooms close by either. Sounds like the Hotel idea may be the only solution.

Anyway, thanks Dogstar for you informative message. It definitely gave me a slap of reality. And with any luck I will see you there in the front of the line.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:38 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You're welcome...Yeah, I doubt there are nearby bathrooms. There may be portopotties given the construction going on there, but I'm not into that deal unless I'm totally desperate. At Penn State, people held our spots while we went into an athletic building that wasn't too far and had bathrooms. I hardly drank anything, but during the show, the security guys in the front let people drink a few free swigs of water without touching our lips to the bottle. It was a relief because I was really parched.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:52 PM   #27
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm bringing a few packs of gum so at least we can keep our mouths moist. Aside from drooling over the guys.

Old 12-02-2002, 11:31 PM   #28
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Hey guys....just a little info...
There's a huge parking lot outside the Spectrum and The First Union Center. The new stadium is a little far away to use the port-o-pots, and I didn't see any close by when I went down to buy my tix. I don't know if I am going to drive down, since I live fairly close by in South Philly. You are all welcome to park near my house (at Mifflin). There is street parking (free) there and we can jump onto the subway a few blocks away. Although, that doesn't help with storing clothes or blankets (ugh). I might also think about riding my bike down, which I did the last time I saw them at First Union. It was so easy...just locked it up on the gate and walked in! Let me know what your thinkin' I'm soo relieved to be talking to concert veterens....I would be clueless. I definitely won't be drinking that afternoon...I always have to pee (ugh, I'm worried about that). If I can get any more info for you here in S. Philly, let me know. I'll talk to you soon!
Peace,
Karin
Old 12-02-2002, 11:35 PM   #29
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
But those parking lots may not be open until after 4.

Old 12-02-2002, 11:49 PM   #30
KBoo925
USER INFO »
When I went down to buy my tix...it was earlier than four and I got in, but I said I was going to the box office...hmmm. I'll call over to the Spectrum this week and see what I can find out.