++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Kid Rock Sues to Prevent the Sale of the Tape

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...065826000.html

-------------------------------
Kid Rock Sues to Stop Sale of Sex Video

Wed Feb 22, 5:31 PM ET

Kid Rock has won an initial victory in his attempt to stop a California company from releasing an explicit sex video featuring the rap-rocker, former Creed singer Scott Stapp and four women.

U.S. District Court Judge John Feikens signed a temporary order that stops David Joseph and his World Wide Red Light District company from distributing or promoting any portion of the tape, including a 40-second preview clip of the video that was previously displayed on Red Light District's Web sites.

On Tuesday, Kid Rock's lawyers sued Red Light, which made headlines in 2004 by distributing the Paris Hilton sex video, accusing the firm of violating Kid Rock's trademark and privacy rights. The lawsuit seeks a permanent court order halting sale or distribution of the video.

"We don't deny the authenticity of the tape," Kid Rock's lawyer, William Horton, told the Detroit Free Press. "But they're using this without his permission to drive the sales of their other products."

"Even rock stars are entitled to privacy," said co-counsel Michael Novak.

On Wednesday, Novak said Stapp's lawyers had informed him and his colleagues that the tape had been stolen from Stapp. "That just further underscores that this is not authorized," Novak said.

A message seeking comment was left for Stapp lawyer Howard Weitzman.

The ban on distributing the video will remain in effect at least until a court hearing Friday. However, the company already had removed it from the Internet last week after receiving a cease-and-desist order from Stapp's lawyers.

Red Light lawyer Ray Tamaddon said he couldn't comment on the lawsuit because he hadn't seen it. But he said the company is confident that it is within its legal rights.

"These are public figures, and the standards are different," he said.

Red Light acknowledges the tape came from a third party, but Tamaddon denied that it had been stolen. However, he declined to elaborate on how Red Light's source acquired the video.

In an affidavit filed with the lawsuit, Kid Rock, who was born Robert Ritchie, said the video was shot in 1999 near Miami. At the time, Stapp was the lead singer of Creed.

Kid Rock said in the lawsuit filing that it was clearly understood that the video would remain Stapp's private property and would not be displayed publicly.

Joseph has said the tape involves women from a strip club and was taken in a motor home while the musicians were on tour.

----------------------------------

Very interesting, to say the least. Now we know exactly how the company got a hold of the tape(apparently they somehow stole it from Stapp) and that Kid/Stapp didn't have a say in it being released. I guess that puts to rest the rumors of those two intentionally releasing the tape. Should be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Kid Rock Sues to Prevent the Sale of the Tape

Hmm, "stolen" from Stapp?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hmm, "stolen" from Stapp?
"Hmm", indeed...
Old 02-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
JOEINHOUSTON
USER INFO »

hmmm, maybe thats why hillaree stapp leveled him with the cell phone.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »

Hmm, I get this strange feeling that maybe Hillaree had something to do with this. I mean, when you think about it, it's not that far-fetched. What better way to get back at your ex than to release a very revealing tape of him less than a week after he gets married again? It seems to be a pretty good way of getting some good ole revenge for what he has said about her in the past and for the way things went down.

Of course, there is also the possibility that a former employee stole the tape. Who knows.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

If he really wanted it private, it would have been kept private. Others on the AB board were speculating that it was Kiki. Who knows? I'm just skeptical of it supposedly being stolen.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:48 AM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »

I heard that Alter Bridge had a big heist on the Stapp compound and used state of the art technology to break into the vault in which the video was placed. This all happened while Stapp was out of town. Supposedly there is a video of Mark Tremonti standing guard in front of Stapp's house, Myles is in the getaway car, and both Flip and Brian Marshall are seen using small explosive devices to break into the vault. According to the F.B.I., Flip used to be part of a society of professional burgulars... and participated in a major heist that resulted in the theft of ancient Egyptian artifacts. Who knew?

P.S. Just kidding. I'm bored.

Last edited by Chase : 02-23-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:55 AM   #8
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I heard that Alter Bridge had a big heist on the Stapp compound and used state of the art technology to break into the vault in which the video was placed. This all happened while Stapp was out of town. Supposedly there is a video of Mark Tremonti standing guard in front of Stapp's house, Myles is in the getaway car, and both Flip and Brian Marshall are seen using small explosive devices to break into the vault. According to the F.B.I., Flip used to be part society of professional burgulars... and participated in a major heist that resulted in the theft of ancient Egyptian artifacts. Who knew?

LOL I was reading it and i was like wooow...i actually believed it...hehe.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:21 AM   #9
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I heard that Alter Bridge had a big heist on the Stapp compound and used state of the art technology to break into the vault in which the video was placed. This all happened while Stapp was out of town. Supposedly there is a video of Mark Tremonti standing guard in front of Stapp's house, Myles is in the getaway car, and both Flip and Brian Marshall are seen using small explosive devices to break into the vault. According to the F.B.I., Flip used to be part of a society of professional burgulars... and participated in a major heist that resulted in the theft of ancient Egyptian artifacts. Who knew?

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #10
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »

Maybe hes sueing for being caught on video associating with Stapp.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 02-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) If he really wanted it private, it would have been kept private. Others on the AB board were speculating that it was Kiki. Who knows? I'm just skeptical of it supposedly being stolen.

Yes, but when you think about it, it is entirely possible that it was stolen without his knowledge. Perhaps someone(i.e. Hillaree or an ex-employee of his) stole it while he was out on tour(back in 2002) and he just didn't notice it.

It would be sad, though, if Stapp was the one to give the company the tape, and then claim it was stolen. But I seriously doubt that's what happened.....although with Stapp, you never know.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #12
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yes, but when you think about it, it is entirely possible that it was stolen without his knowledge. Perhaps someone(i.e. Hillaree or an ex-employee of his) stole it while he was out on tour(back in 2002) and he just didn't notice it.

It would be sad, though, if Stapp was the one to give the company the tape, and then claim it was stolen. But I seriously doubt that's what happened.....although with Stapp, you never know.

I get your point Titan. What i find really funny it's that how come Kid Rock or Stapp can't not have control about that kind of stuff, in this case the sex tape, when they really didn't want it make it public. People like them, celebrities at the end of the day or rock starts (like you prefer), can't have power thru their stuff and leave that someone else has a copy of it???. I don't understand that. Stole the original and copy it without the 2 of them didn't notice. That make me thing the person who copied was ultra fast and had superpowers
I don't really care who made it public. If it was Stapp ex-wife i am sure she had more than one reason to do it. And i can't remember who's Kiki exactly....Stapp manager or something?. Well at the end of the day the important thing is that this tape made realize a lot of people about who the person Stapp really is and how he can still call himself a christian....he disguisted me
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #13
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I get your point Titan. What i find really funny it's that how come Kid Rock or Stapp can't not have control about that kind of stuff, in this case the sex tape, when they really didn't want it make it public. People like them, celebrities at the end of the day or rock starts (like you prefer), can't have power thru their stuff and leave that someone else has a copy of it???. I don't understand that. Stole the original and copy it without the 2 of them didn't notice. That make me thing the person who copied was ultra fast and had superpowers
I don't really care who made it public. If it was Stapp ex-wife i am sure she had more than one reason to do it. And i can't remember who's Kiki exactly....Stapp manager or something?. Well at the end of the day the important thing is that this tape made realize a lot of people about who the person Stapp really is and how he can still call himself a christian....he disguisted me

I'm not a Stapp defender by any means. I think this was stupid thing for him to do. But I have to take you on about what you said about him calling himself a Christian. What exactly do you know about being a Christian? Being a Christian does not mean you are perfect and it certainly doesn't mean you don't sin or make mistakes. What it does mean is that when you do make a mistake you can ask God to forgive you. Non Christians don't have that option. Now... do I think he should live a better life since he is a Christian? Yes. Especially since he is in the public spotlight. He makes stupid mistakes but isn't that something we all do? Whether you are a Christian or not doesn't the following statement make sense: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?

All I am trying to say is that being a Christian doesn't make you perfect. Those who pretend they are perfect are mistaken.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #14
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I'm not a Stapp defender by any means. I think this was stupid thing for him to do. But I have to take you on about what you said about him calling himself a Christian. What exactly do you know about being a Christian? Being a Christian does not mean you are perfect and it certainly doesn't mean you don't sin or make mistakes. What it does mean is that when you do make a mistake you can ask God to forgive you. Non Christians don't have that option. Now... do I think he should live a better life since he is a Christian? Yes. Especially since he is in the public spotlight. He makes stupid mistakes but isn't that something we all do? Whether you are a Christian or not doesn't the following statement make sense: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?

All I am trying to say is that being a Christian doesn't make you perfect. Those who pretend they are perfect are mistaken.

What do i know?. I am a Catholic person so i think i know a few things. I know being a Catholic/Chritian person doesn't make you perfect...DAH!!!!...noone is perfect whatever the religion you proclaim. Of course, religion in general helps you to be a better person. What really annoyes me it's that Stapp claims to be a man of God and he doesn't try to change his way of living. The only things he does is all the stuff lately we are seeing and has been public (he has been making the same since forever anyway). I don't think he takes religion seriously; acts are more important than words and he should act in consequences about he speaks about.

Quote: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?
really typical to say this. but hey, every person knows about their mistakes and stuff; and another is keep on making the same mistakes over and over again (religion shows you that as well, darling). it's not me who gets drunk in public tv, makes public scandals at the LAX, gets arrested by the police, get embarrassed for a sex tape, dont have the custody of my son anymore for my conduct. everyone has something called "decency" or to be "decent" and even if you are a rock start you should show some. i am not saying he should be a saint but if he wants to get drunk he should do it at his house in private showing some respect for people that still like his music. cause at the same time he shows he has no respect for himself or his family, he shows he has no respect for his fans. like we say in Spain "everyone makes their own holes"...and Stapp is doing his own. he can't pretend to teach anything thru his songs when he's the first one to do wrong stuff.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #15
titan9
USER INFO »

You know, to be fair, this happened 6 or 7 years ago. Even Stapp has acknowledged that he wasn't living "the right way" during his Creed days. Perhaps since he "re-found his faith" he has changed his view on groupies and the like. Who knows, though.

The thing is, all Christians make mistakes. Nothing can change that; we are prone to sin. Some of us sin more often than others, but the fact is, we all do it. Stapp is under a greater amount of scrutiny than others, simply because he is a Christian who happens to be a famous musician. Thus, he's going to be held to a higher standard than a lot of people. And when he falls down, a lot of people are going to criticize him and question his faith. The thing is, we as Christians don't have the right to judge him. Only one person does: God. We don't know Scott Stapp's amount of spirituality, and it is pointless to even speculate on that.

Does Scott Stapp seem like a hypocrite? Of course he does! But a lot of Christians get leveled with the hypocrite tag because we are not perfect. We may preach certain things, but we don't always practice them, no matter how hard we try. Just a part of our imperfection.

The bottom line is this: he sinned. He continues to sin. We all have and we all will. The only difference is, he's in the spotlight and most of us are not.

P.S. I am not defending Scott's actions.

Last edited by titan9 : 02-23-2006 at 11:53 AM.