++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 09-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #1
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Pope Offends Muslims Worldwide

Well Im not sure if this thread could suit better here or on Faith Religion...anyway.. opinions about this ? Toughts?
]
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Internatio...2450071&page=2
During his address at the University of Regensburg on Tuesday, Benedict quoted 14th-century Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus...
He said, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

Hmm...I think Pope's first thought was about to condemn the use of violence made by some fanantic people (who btw exist in every religion not matter it is) which is ,using his words, 'unreasonable', "since violence is incompatible with God" (what I firmily agreed with..).... but he went too far and just provoked the opposite reaction...muslim felt offended and now violence can be even bigger ....cause some of them really belive in a 'necessary' and definitive religious war when christians and muslims will be in differents sides...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-16-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Re: Pope Offends Muslims Worldwide

Thanks Ana For Posting , i have not been keep up with news latley..i dont have cable tv at the momeant and i,ve been at peace i have been missing the famliy guy though and moral orael and all my cartoon net work programs , phewwwwwww man before that dude makes another statement worldwide he really needs to get his priortys straight the man repersents the holy catholic church, and love and forgiveness and his manner of speach should be for untiy and praying for the victims of these holy wars anyways IF HE WANTS DO THAT, HE NEEDS TO GO PLAY HARD BALL WITH CHRIS
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 09-16-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
Chase
USER INFO »

I think Muslims are offended because there's some truth in what he said. Look, Muslim holy leaders have constantly offended Jews and Christians for centuries. The Pope does it, and it seems to have more outrage in the media. That's good ol' political correctness for you.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I think Muslims are offended because there's some truth in what he said. Look, Muslim holy leaders have constantly offended Jews and Christians for centuries. The Pope does it, and it seems to have more outrage in the media. That's good ol' political correctness for you.

But do u think it was necessary????? I mean, dont you think it will provoke even more violence and hate? Theres no use in his words....and being a leader of Catholics he needs to be careful and resposible in words he chooses.....
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
bilal
USER INFO »

i hear that in news and read it on news websites , but i refrained from posting aobut it here...but if it has came here... then here's what i have to say.....and let me remind you all...in case you dont know.... that iam a MUSLIM.....

no matter who ever is in the shoes of the figure called "POPE" ..... when ever in the past i have read or hear anything coming from that highest office of Christiaity.....i have only felt an assuring feeling that no matter what the religious discrimination ....... True Christians and Church going people will never resort to fight or kill only for the reason of religious discrimination...... but these recent comments coming from the most nobel position of Christinaity......has made me rather more concerned than sad...... i heard these a few days back and i was shock over it...... but since then..... i ve been a lot worried.... a lot......... for only the fact that pope came out and attacked directly on our HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H)...... and if you read POPE's comments which were either quotations from some old speeches of various people..... were only accusation...... needless accusation...... why?..... i dont know....... i dont know why we need more hate in times like these...... if Christianity was boasting to the world the message of peace,and i do agree...that it was infact in peace with the world....... as against the hatered and aggression all over the muslim world these recent years, then why such comments?.... i dont know.......

as far as Chase comments go...i wish for once...that this guy speak impartially and without biasedness...... muslim leaders have infact accused various jews and Christian leaders over the years....still do..... so they get counter accusations aswell.... but i dont recall any rrecent accusations between chirsitans and muslims, apart jews...which we still condem for their biasedness over palestine issue....but not on the matter of religion....

i ask you CHase.... give me one example where muslims have given comments against JESUS CHRIST OR HOLY DAVID....... cause for muslims, HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H) has the same postion that JESUS CHRIST has for christians and HOLY DAVID has for JEWS........... can you give me one example?.... then why accuse on the life of HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H), when you dont know any thing about it...... we muslims read HOLY QURAN and there is more reference to JESUS CHRIST then to HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H)......i have to love JESUS and DAVID more thani do to anything else to qualify as Muslims....for us ....they are the most lovable to ALLAH ALIMIGHTY.....and i dont stand a chance to pass the test of afterlife...if i possess any thing close to hatred or disbelief for them......let the difference apart of religious belives, which infact are the reson for us having different religions...and alwyas will have, and there is no debate over it....... we have to live in peace, and accept each other's right ot chose and live on theri own religion, but why accuse somthing that higher up the religion personality...with false facts and wrong accusations.......if Chase, you feel anything true in those comments, bring em up....you know i have never disappointed you in not responding to your comments.

Last edited by bilal : 09-16-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

With respect for the Catholic religion, I have to say the Pope does not speak for all Christians. That's just the way the media portrays it in their narrow view of Christianity.

And I kinda agree with with Chase, but I'm sure those Muslim leaders preaching violence against others don't represent all Muslims.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 09-16-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
bilal
USER INFO »

^ thanks for higlighting that Eusebio.....its similar to the misconception when media uses the word "islamic terrorist" when they cannot even prove their actions with islamic law,they keep associating the whole of Islam with terrorist......and that is infact what has made me even more concerned...... see...if say in a day or two.... (God forbid...God forbid) if some muslims who have taken such speech in a wrong way and have been used by somepeople to elevate theri hatred....and they end up doing something against a church (God forbid).....then what?.... world has new front agaisnt Islam, Church operate with peace in my country.....what if any of those who only cause disruptions, and are not accepted by Islamic society here, make any adventure out of it........ then who is to blame?.... media will cover up the origination of violance, and will blame Islam to play more games.... then what? (God forbid)
Old 09-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

^I pray that does not happen.

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
bilal
USER INFO »

it would just be better if those responsible for peace dont lite a match in a room full of amunition and pray that nothing catches fire........ but yes.... i pray the same still......... i wont let anything biased lure me away from my path.....and make a Fuk up out of me.......
Old 09-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...lam/index.html

Oh now he seems 'upset'.... and yes I hope it doenst result in more violence and hate between religions...Im a Catholic and I feel disappointed and worried about Pope's comments...and certainly his statements doenst represents catholic community opinions, and like Eusebio pointed: even being a leader he doenst speak for all Christians.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) With respect for the Catholic religion, I have to say the Pope does not speak for all Christians. That's just the way the media portrays it in their narrow view of Christianity.

And I kinda agree with with Chase, but I'm sure those Muslim leaders preaching violence against others don't represent all Muslims.

I agree with you but I have to say that if we look carefully we ll find violence in EVERY RELIGION ...history is full of examples and of course made by 'fanatics' .

And these 'fanatics' are ignorant people used by 'leaders' who I really dont consider religious ones....their interest isnt religion, but power....theres no fight for 'saving religion but for keeping power' in their hands...so theres no fight for liberating people but for keeping them blind and submissive...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-16-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #12
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) But do u think it was necessary????? I mean, dont you think it will provoke even more violence and hate? Theres no use in his words....and being a leader of Catholics he needs to be careful and resposible in words he chooses.....

I never said that it was necessary... of course it's not. However, I find it rather hypocritical for Muslims to have "outrage" when the Pople makes a statement like that... but there's hardly any protest when a terrorist kills an innocent human being in the name of Allah and Mohammed. That's the problem I have.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #13
Chase
USER INFO »

With all due respect Bilal, watch any video from Osama bin Laden or his closest aids. Watch any execution video put out by terror groups in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, or Saudi Arabia. There's chanting to Allah right before deadly attacks. In my opinion, that's far worse than what the Pope said. In fact, that deserves a lot of media attention in itself. Islamic extremists don't speak for all Muslims and the Pope doesn't speak for all Christians. I mean, if a Muslim calls me an "infidel" for having certain religious beliefs... in a way, that's condemning me for believing that Jesus Christ, for instance, is my Lord and Savior.

Why don't Muslims protest against the Muslims who are giving them a bad name? Where's the outrage over people like Osama bin Laden or radical Islamic clerics?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
bilal
USER INFO »

^ Chase 'o buddy......we can argue and argue about what we have and should have....all day and day along... but the point i want to make here for now is that dont compare what different so called , so called, so called "religious leaders" have to say about each other and use it as a justification for blasphemy about OUR HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H), as i said before, there is nothing violent and ill in the religion of Islam and in the life of OUR HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H), let aside what is being associated with Islam today and no muslim has never dared to speak the same for such position figures in other religions , like JESUS CHRIST OR HOLY DAVID, if a christian murders any one, or if a jew shoots a muslim, is it alright for me to associate and blame HOLY JESUS CHRIST OR HOLY DAVID for that matter, those souls are far beyond any stain of sin, and are as pure and clear as can be.....i cannot fall that low to even raise an eye in front of theri names........and thats all i have to say......for ive all my life read and studied the HOLY LIFE of our PROPHET (P.B.U.H), and that only makes me proud and more reverted towards peace and religion.

Last edited by bilal : 09-16-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #15
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) ^ Chase 'o buddy......we can argue and argue about what we have and should have....all day and day along... but the point i want to make here for now is that dont compare what different so called , so called, so called "religious leaders" have to say about each other and use it as a justification for blasphemy about OUR HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H), as i said before, there is nothing violent and ill in the religion of Islam and in the life of OUR HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H), let aside what is being associated with Islam today and no muslim has never dared to speak the same for such position figures in other religions , like JESUS CHRIST OR HOLY DAVID, if a christian murders any one, or if a jew shoots a muslim, is it alright for me to associate and blame HOLY JESUS CHRIST OR HOLY DAVID for that matter, those souls are far beyond any stain of sin, and are as pure and clear as can be.....i cannot fall that low to even raise an eye in front of theri names........and thats all i have to say......for ive all my life read and studied the HOLY LIFE of our PROPHET (P.B.U.H), and that only makes me proud and more reverted towards peace and religion.

So, it's not offensive to you as a Muslim when a terrorist is chanting to Allah when blows somebody up? Or when they think they'll get a bunch of virgins in Heaven for carrying out a suicide attack? I'm not saying that Islam is a violent religiong, but where's your outrage when Al Qaeda members kill in the name of Islam?