++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-27-2005, 05:57 PM   #16
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
thanks titan!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-28-2005, 06:55 AM   #17
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Well Lith, the bible says a lot of things? Doesn't it, plus I'd like to know how he "defendes" it... Very unusual (this is my opinion) for americans to do that kind of thing... I agree with him but would like to discuss it with him
Old 10-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #18
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Well Lith, the bible says a lot of things? Doesn't it, plus I'd like to know how he "defendes" it... Very unusual (this is my opinion) for americans to do that kind of thing... I agree with him but would like to discuss it with him
Yeah, you're right. It's pretty unlike Americans to see things that kind of way. But then again; Mark really seems to be this down to earth guy.

Yeah, I'd like to discuss that with him as well! I could discuss the colour of the last garbage-bag he threw out and I would still be the luckies guy in the world 'cause I get to talk to Mark!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-29-2005, 10:56 AM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Geez people, why do you guys look for meaning in AB's songs? THERE IS NONE. Except maybe the FTR verses, which are really good.

But other than that, its all the same thing: When you are falling apart, find the strength to keep going, blah blah blah...
Old 10-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #20
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Geez people, why do you guys look for meaning in AB's songs? THERE IS NONE. Except maybe the FTR verses, which are really good.

But other than that, its all the same thing: When you are falling apart, find the strength to keep going, blah blah blah...

Agreed, look myles is there to get his paycheque.. accept mark, love the guitar
Old 10-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #21
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
As Someone who writes lyrics/songs... sometimes, when you write a song... you just write what comes out... and what sounds good or what fits... sometimes there is no meaning... or there might be a million different meanings for a whole song. I know that when i write, Each Verse might be talking about something completely different than another verse or even the chorus...

I can't say that mark does the same... but its something to consider

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-30-2005, 10:24 AM   #22
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Yes, we should considder that... BUT! If the song have a meaning to people then thats cool...

Uncertain your wrong! That's not how it is... Look at ODR or BID or WYW or TEIH, none of them are talking about beeing up and not letting go... Their not the most depressing songs but their not happy songs about contineuing!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #23
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
ODR is EXACTLY the type of song I was talking about. Its the blueprint. Burn it Down is about moving on. So are all the songs. Again, the exact blueprint. Not sure what you are talking about. The End is here follows the theme pretty well also. WYW I will admit is a bit different.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Agreed, look myles is there to get his paycheque.. accept mark, love the guitar

If I hadn't renounced calling people names, I'd call YOU a name.

Myles doesn't WRITE the lyrics. Mark writes them. An they stink. For someone who gets paid an awful lot of money, he can't do it well. I am an amateur lyricist and my songs blow his away.

Myles on the other hand has some at least decent stuff with MF4, if not great. And besides; of all the talent in the band, Myles provides about %75 of it anyway, so for just being there for the paycheck, he does quite a bit.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #25
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Burn it down is the best AB song inmy opinion...even though Im not sure if it was writen for Myles or Mark and since im too lazy to look for it...

and about MF4 songs , its absolutely true that they were too much better than any AB song, just for one reason : Myles wrote them!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-31-2005, 11:31 AM   #26
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
FTR's verses are the best lyrics on the album and ironically enough, Myles wrote them. lol
Old 11-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #27
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)
Myles doesn't WRITE the lyrics. Mark writes them. An they stink. For someone who gets paid an awful lot of money, he can't do it well. I am an amateur lyricist and my songs blow his away.
Fuckin Watch It Dude. You Don't Wanna Go There. Don't think so highly of yourself.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #28
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
actually Myles wrote more than you think. just get the booklet and you'll see.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:44 AM   #29
Creed7352
USER INFO »
myles will write more on the next ab record as mark said he had most of the stuff done already cause he was preparing for the next creed album...so i'm sure he was thinking of songs in the vein of creed when writing the lyrics...

broken wings was written by mark about his thoughts after 9/11 and seeing all the unity that came out across the US and how it just all of a sudden disappeared.

in loving memory was written about mark's mother passing away.

burn it down was inspired by the movie the salton sea. mark saw it and was inspired some so he wrote that song.

stapp's lyrics thus far are fuckin' way subpar to alter bridge's lyrics....that has to stand for something.

myles is NOT just there for the paycheck...if he was, he'd have stuck to his solo album he was working on after MF4 split, that way he'd get pretty much all of the royalties instead of sharing them...don't ya think? myles loves music and is in the band cause of that reason.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:51 AM   #30
The Lithium
USER INFO »
MYLES RUELS!!! OBAY THE GOD OF THUNDER!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor