++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-24-2004, 04:38 PM   #16
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Dial-up. Nuff said.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:42 PM   #17
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Dial-up. Nuff said.
ditto...... I got the jist of it though, looks cool

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-25-2004, 08:44 PM   #18
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
While there were some nice shots....what bothered me the most was that all the shots were close up....nothing showing the members in a full length shot. And the fact that at one point they point the camera at Kennedy AND directly into the sun... I've been told that the close up shots are a signature of the video director.

And yeah....though he told a DJ in Seattle he wouldn't be raising his arms....he wanted to....and he did once and almost did three other times from the start to the finish.

The video is okay...not great. Though I must say that Marshall was the only one that looks like he's having any fun. Its a performance video so you don't expect to read anything into it.....but then the song doesn't say alot to me either. I didn't particularly like the location. I mean it's a forest that has been leveled and shredded....I found it a kind of sad and depressing place.

And whats with what appears to be a mannikin laying in the debris? What is that supposed to mean? I heard others talking about it....but when I watched it a second time....I actually saw what they were talking about.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 AM   #19
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) While there were some nice shots....what bothered me the most was that all the shots were close up....nothing showing the members in a full length shot. And the fact that at one point they point the camera at Kennedy AND directly into the sun... I've been told that the close up shots are a signature of the video director.

And yeah....though he told a DJ in Seattle he wouldn't be raising his arms....he wanted to....and he did once and almost did three other times from the start to the finish.

The video is okay...not great. Though I must say that Marshall was the only one that looks like he's having any fun. Its a performance video so you don't expect to read anything into it.....but then the song doesn't say alot to me either. I didn't particularly like the location. I mean it's a forest that has been leveled and shredded....I found it a kind of sad and depressing place.

And whats with what appears to be a mannikin laying in the debris? What is that supposed to mean? I heard others talking about it....but when I watched it a second time....I actually saw what they were talking about.
I agree with you I wanted to like it but after viewing it a few times I got the same feeling depressing. But I have to say the song is growing on me.

Last edited by musiclover291 : 07-26-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:50 AM   #20
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) While there were some nice shots....what bothered me the most was that all the shots were close up....nothing showing the members in a full length shot. And the fact that at one point they point the camera at Kennedy AND directly into the sun... I've been told that the close up shots are a signature of the video director.

regarding the location i would guess that is the idea, and did you notice how the light comes in and out at the right moments? i agree that there is too much changing of the focus but it wasen't bad. i believe the director was responsible for queens of the stone age "no-one knows" which is so funny. he did almost strike the post which if found hilarious!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 07-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #21
Shadow
USER INFO »
I think it's just like when the single came out - we were waiting and waiting and the anticipation just ruined it. Maybe it will be different actually seeing it on TV (on VH1) instead of just a computer screen.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:37 PM   #22
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) ...And whats with what appears to be a mannikin laying in the debris? What is that supposed to mean? I heard others talking about it....but when I watched it a second time....I actually saw what they were talking about.

So what's with that mannikin??? Now I'm curious... haven't seen that mannikin yet!

To be quite honest... I didn't expected much from the vid. Just because they were making it so clear that it's mostly about the music... that's what the vid shows imo! Very plain indeed...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 07-26-2004, 10:49 PM   #23
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: And whats with what appears to be a mannikin laying in the debris? What is that supposed to mean? I heard others talking about it....but when I watched it a second time....I actually saw what they were talking about

It's basicly just your eyes playing tricks on you after taking in subconcious hints from other people.

I have it in a format where I can view it in slow motion and frame by frame , and trust me when I say that there is NO DEAD BOY or MANEQUIN aywhere in this video. It's a play of light on the branches. That's all. Nothing more.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 07-26-2004, 10:58 PM   #24
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Thnx so much for clearing that up Stace...

I thought it was me... I didn't see anything like it too!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 07-27-2004, 09:59 AM   #25
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
thanks stace, didn't think i saw anything like that! admitting that the reviews have come from people who were already fans but the reviews for ODR have being FANTASTIC!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 07-27-2004, 11:11 AM   #26
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Well I juts read in some replies that people dìdn't see the video yet because Dial-up conections. You can solve the problem downloading the video in the non-version flash of Alterbridge.com.

Just go to the video menu and click with the right button on the Download link. Then select "save target as..." and you start the download of OYE video.

Hope I help you. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #27
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
The video sucks, Its just them in the trees singing.

Epecially for such a "deep" song, i would have though it would have kicked ass like my sacrifice or WAWO, or mayby i just have to high expectaions.

The song rules though

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 07-30-2004, 08:49 AM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
I have seen it on VH1 alot lately.... and I LOVE IT!!! I am quite impressed with the music and think that Myles has a GREAT voice...... he can cary high and low tones and I think he fits in great. Marks guitar solo towards the end....WOW... it is about time he gets some spotlight, sounded awesome. I can't wait until the CD comes out The music rocked just like I thought it would.... I am grateful to have 5 channels of VH1 so my chances of seeing the video is high!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-31-2004, 09:12 AM   #29
Shadow
USER INFO »
I just saw it. It premiered at No. 20 on the VH1 countdown.

My opinion:

1) They need Scott

2) Mark, Flip and Brian looked great and sounded great

3) I can't look at Myles. I just don't care for him.

4) The song still doesn't do for me what Creed's songs did.

5) I don't understand the meaning of the video (is there one?)

6) Myles doesn't have the "presence" that Scott has.

Last edited by Shadow : 07-31-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:30 AM   #30
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) 3) I can't look at Myles. I just don't care for him.

He looks like a cross between a monkey and Chad Kroeger. When I first saw the OWE video on VH1 it was after the new Nickelback song. Hehe, monkey boy....I'm sorry. [oooh oooh - aaah aaaaaah!]