++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Adam and Eve's Sin

When I get the chance, I hope to talk about this and I would ask anyone to pray that the real truth comes out in what I what I have to say from the Word of God. God's Word is always going to go out with the truth, but we as people sometimes mess things up. But it's very important, I feel. Because quite simply if you don't understand what actually happened in the Garden of Eden, then, quite honestly you would have a rough time understanding the conflict that came about as a result of that that continues to this day. It's a conflict between God's children and Satan's children, and by that I don't mean just something that's spiritual and ends with that. It involves an actual race or most accurately, a seed line of people. And unfortunately, those people have been responsible and still to this day are responsible for a lot of the problems and conflicts in the world today... not completely responsible perhaps, and hey we're not to judge them. Jesus Christ was very explicit in His instructions that we are to leave the tares alone in Matthew 13:29. God will take care of the tares when the time is right. Until that time, they actually serve a purpose... a negative purpose, but still a purpose. But the beautiful thing is, salvation is open to all. Even one of them, if they so choose. But as a whole, they have caused a good bit of mischief when it comes to world economies, as well as helping to bring about some of the major conflicts and wars in the world. But even with that, the important thing to remember... God allows them to operate and He is in control. But if you're stuck thinking Adam and Eve were eating apples, then unfortunately you're already deceived. So I pray that you come out of that confusion, and hopefully you do have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Jason
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Adam and Eve's Sin

Yes Indeed, some wonderfull precepts you opend jason, yes the conflict is older than time itself lets get caught up and review, PRAISE JESUS, you are right GOD,S WORD IS ALWAYS going Out And In Truth, most folk dont think outside the apple, as scary as that is sad but true, thats why brother some of will not be able to fly away in rapture, PRAISE JESUS The Conflict continues, you said some have a purpose a negative purpose but yet still a purpose, i cant help it, no we cant shoot,em but its hard job to forgive and turn the check and to give unto others mercy, you done got me laughing so hard, The Lord Thy God Said Leave Vengance Unto Me, MATT>13>29 The Dividing Of The Tares , and some as well helped to bring about some of the major conflicts and wars, GOD IS IN CONTROL, PRAISE JESUS These Are Most The Reasons They CALL HIM SAVIOUR KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS, and the beautiful thing is SALVATION Is Open To All , Everyone Of Theme That Choose, some chooses not sadly that salvation of JESUS, job 11>verse 20>says so but the eyes of the wicked shall fail and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as giving up the ghost, and those who have helped in that war, the word as we,ve been into, teaching on this conflict says so GODS WAYS ARE BEYOND MAN, Ecc>8 Verse 14, There Is A Vantiy Which is done upon earth that there be just men whom it happend to acording to the work of the wicked again there be wicked men to whom it happend to acording to the work of righteous, wonderfull post jason....
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Sasa
USER INFO »

I don't know about you Jason, but I am tired of eating apples and peaches.
I am quite full of them.
I quote you:
"God allows them to operate and He is in control. But if you're stuck thinking Adam and Eve were eating apples, then unfortunately you're already deceived."

So what exactly do you think that story illustrates, aside from disobediance?

I would love to hear your opinions, and I respect your unique perspective on the subject.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) I don't know about you Jason, but I am tired of eating apples and peaches.
I am quite full of them.
I quote you:
"God allows them to operate and He is in control. But if you're stuck thinking Adam and Eve were eating apples, then unfortunately you're already deceived."

So what exactly do you think that story illustrates, aside from disobediance?

I would love to hear your opinions, and I respect your unique perspective on the subject.
I Know It Sasa, Jason Is A Beautiful Vessel in the Precepts, In The Armour Of God, i could,nt help but to agree with ya this morning, i can,t speak for jason on the apples and peaches, Like Nadle Cole, I I Would Believe It Was A Pink Cadilac First, Lord We Need One Tonite ...... aside from disobediance, it illustrates 2 things to me, failure of Gods Creation Man, and failure of man kind in all things, And The Reason Why, God Gave His Only Begotten Son, To Not Only Endure His Chosen And His disciples , BUT TO BEAR THE SINS OF THE WORLD, Peace Be With you Sasa for letting your opinon be heared, And Illustrates again...in my opinion EVERY Knee Shall Bow every tounge confess that jesus christ is king of king and lord of lords,
Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Sasa
USER INFO »

All I need is the LIGHT of the world. Confession of Him certainly manifests positive energy in all the dark areas of my life. Pure self sacrifice, love, non discrimination, acceptance and appreciation of diversity, forgiveness, healing, encouragement, kindness, courage, strength, leadership, simple living, friendship, PEACE..etc..etc...etc..
I am ever thankful for His example in my life... thankful for His eternal presence. Certainly...LIGHTENS my path...

__________________________________________________ __
"9 Remember, O Eve, the garden land, and the brightness thereof! 10 Think, oh think of that garden in which was no darkness, while we lived in it."
..Adam (Forgotten Books of Eden)

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"... King Solomon (Proverbs)

As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking... James Allen (As a man thinketh)

"If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light;" ...
Jesus (N.T.)

Last edited by Sasa : 06-26-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) All I need is the LIGHT of the world. Confession of Him certainly manifests positive energy in all the dark areas of my life. Pure self sacrifice, love, non discrimination, acceptance and appreciation of diversity, forgiveness, healing, encouragement, kindness, courage, strength, leadership, simple living, friendship, PEACE..etc..etc...etc..
I am ever thankful for His example in my life... thankful for His eternal presence. Certainly...LIGHTENS my path...

__________________________________________________ __
"9 Remember, O Eve, the garden land, and the brightness thereof! 10 Think, oh think of that garden in which was no darkness, while we lived in it."
..Adam (Forgotten Books of Eden)

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"... King Solomon (Proverbs)

As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking... James Allen (As a man thinketh)

"If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light;" ...
Jesus (N.T.)
yes indeed the power OF THE ETERNAL OF GOD, PRAISE JESUS, All Though There May Be Many Dark Boundries In Spitrual Awakings And So Forth, Wisdom Is A Place Of Darkness, BUT JESUS CHRIST, Brings All Our Darkness In The Light, Because In Him Be Light There Is No Darkness, In Him Is Life Not Death, If Our Body Hearts And Minds Are Commited To Him Father, IN , Daily Strife, Over In Corithians The Word Tell Us, That Even The Weakness Of GOD IS GREATER THAN THE STRENETH Of Man And The Foolishness Of God Is Greater Than The Wisdom Of Man, AND PRAISE JESUS The One Thing Im Glad You Brought That Up, We Should Indeed Be Thankfull For Is His Eternal Presence In Our Life, So We Thank Him For Taking Not The HOLY SPIRT AWAY FROM US, PRAISE JESUS, And His Spirt And Truth, Thank You Sasa,
Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Sasa
USER INFO »

You are very welcome and thank you.

Love YOU! Have a Beautiful Day!!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) You are very welcome and thank you.

Love YOU! Have a Beautiful Day!!
Love You ....Peace Be With You In Jesus Name....
Old 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Hi Sasa. There is certainly much in man's teaching and "interpretation" of God's Word that can make one get tired of it very quickly. That's actually a very sad thing. Because the truth, if taught, and if understood by those with eyes to see and ears to hear, will not cause one to get tired of it or get bored. Although one thing it will do is shake some foundations of one's beliefs when one has been spoon fed traditions rather than the true Word of God... and the apple in the Garden is unfortunately one of those traditions.

As always, I appreciate the words and respect truly. But if I had never had someone to show me the truth and how to dig for the deeper truths in God's Word, then I would still be talking about the same apple tree that we all, or almost all, grew up being taught about in Sunday School.

Jason
Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

The first thing I would perhaps like everyone to get set in their mind is that as we look around the world today and look at God's creation everything is very natural. You know, while there are fruits and other things that grow that people can eat which are very healthy and have some amazing health benefits, there are no magical trees or pieces of fruit out there. And in as much as God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, I feel fairly certain that we can say there never were. The only thing that has changed about this world and God's creation is, other than man polluting it, when Satan rebelled, there was a great shaking and upheaval, or as the Greek put it, a katabole.

I'm going to make reference to an appendix in the King James Version Companion Bible. These appendices were done by a scholar by the name of E.W. Bullinger. There are 198 of them in the Companion Bible, and this is from Appendix 146.

Quote: The Noun, katabole, occurs in Matthew 13:35, 25:34, Luke 11:50, John 17:24, Ephesians 1:4, Hebrews 4:3, 9:26 , 11:11, 1Peter 1:20, Revelation 13:8, 17:8 and the corresponding Verb (kataballo) occurs in 2Corinthians 4:9, Hebrews 6:1 and Revelation 12:10.

A comparison of all these passages (especially 2Corinthians 4:9 and Revelation 12:10) will show that kataballo and katabole are not the proper terms for founding and foundation, but the correct meaning is casting down, or overthrow.

Consistency, therefore, calls for the same translation in Hebrews 6:1, where, instead of "not laying again", the rendering should be "not casting down". That is to say, the foundation already laid, of repentance, etc., was not to be cast down or overthrown, but was to be left and progress made unto the perfection.

Accordingly, the Noun katabole, derived from, and cognate with the Verb, ought to be translated "disruption", or "ruin".

The remarkable thing is that in all occurrences (except Hebrews 11:11) the word is connected with "the world" (Greek kosmos. Appendix 129.1), and therefore the expression should be rendered "the disruption (or ruin) of the world", clearly referring to the condition indicated in Genesis 1:2, and described in 2Peter 3:5-6. For the earth was not created tohu (Isaiah 45:18) but became so, as stated in the Hebrew of Genesis 1:2 and confirmed by 2Peter 3:6, where "the world that then was by the word of God" (Genesis 1:1) perished and "the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word" were created (Genesis 2:4), and are "kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment" (2Peter 3:7) which shall usher in the "new heavens and the new earth" of 2Peter 3:13.

"The disruption of the world" is an event forming a great dividing line in the dispensations of the ages. In Genesis 1:1 we have the founding of the world (Hebrews 1:10 = themelioo), but in Genesis 1:2 we have its overthrow.

This is confirmed by a further remarkable fact, that the phrase, which occurs ten times, is associated with the Preposition apo = from (Appendix 104. iv) seven times, and with pro = before (Appendix 104. xiv) three times. The former refers to the kingdom, and is connected with the "counsels" of God; the latter refers to the Mystery (or Secret; See Appendix 193) and is connected with the "purpose" of God (see John 17:24, Ephesians 1:4, 1Peter 1:20).

Ample New Testament testimony is thus given to the profoundly significant fact recorded in Genesis 1:2, that "the earth became tohu and bohu (i.e. waste end desolate); and darkness was on the face of the deep", before the creation of "the heavens and the earth which are now" (2Peter 3:7).

Now, there's a couple of interesting things about that text, and I don't want to venture too far off the subject here. But first of all, you really need to study the Hebrew especially to get a true picture and definition of what has occurred and what is occurring in the very beginning of the bible in Genesis 1. See, that's really what's so sad is so many people get it wrong coming right out the gate, literally right at "In the beginning". They stand there and proclaim that the world is 6,000 or so years old and right away they lose an open minded person of science or geography or archaeology and can go out and prove that there are things in this world that are much older than 6,000 years old. They miss the fact that in the Hebrew that one little word "was" as in the earth "was" without form, and void, it isn't "was" in the Hebrew, but became. In other words, God didn't create this world tohu in the Hebrew, or without form. Anyone who thinks He did apparently has never read or never had pointed out to them the verse in Isaiah that Bullinger mentions.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Now I suppose in the English that may not look like much. But guess what the word "vain" is in the Hebrew? It's tohuw. Guess what the word in Genesis 1:2 is where it says without form? You've got it, it's tohuw.

Well if God didn't create the world without form, or void, what happened? A disruption or ruin happened, an overthrow, a "katabole". I want to take a look at this whole phrase without form and void from Genesis 1:2. It's tohuw va bohuw in the Hebrew. What's that mean? Well, let's look at the words.

Tohuw is Hebrew word 8414 in a Strong's Concordance.

tohuw
to'-hoo

from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:--confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.

Now remember, Isaiah 45:18. God created the world not in vain, but to be inhabited.

Now, how about the word bohuw?

bohuw
bo'-hoo

from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:--emptiness, void.

Total ruin, total emptiness

Now again, did God create it that way? No way! I would advise everyone to do a study of Jeremiah 4, starting specifically with verse 19 and going to the end of that chapter. God destroyed everything that was on this earth...almost wiped it out completely, but He didn't make a full end of it. He didn't destroy the souls of His children that fell at that time. He gave them 1 more chance to get it right, and that's what this particular earth age is about.

But you know, the other thing is, science backs that up. We had a cataclysm that wiped out the dinosaurs and life on earth millions of years ago. We've had shaking and upheaval that literally broke apart the continents.

It's amazing when you look back at the world that was. We've gone out and we've found the remains, the fossilized or petrified remains of palm trees in what today is desert. There have been frozen, flash frozen mammoths found in Alaska with still undigested buttercups in their stomachs. Buttercups don't grow in Alaska, but they used to. We see evidence of remains of the same types of animals that lived millions of years ago in countries and on continents that are far apart now and don't have the same climate or same native species today, but back then they did.

Ash Falls Nebraska.... there's a state park called Ash Falls State Park. But the interesting thing about it, the back story is about 12 million years ago there was a massive volcanic eruption in what today is Idaho. It literally threw all this volcanic ash into the atmosphere and it fell among other places onto Ash Falls, Nebraska. This caused the death of many of the animals at the time... some immediately, some over time from a result of eating the ash covered vegetation. But the amazing thing, and you can go to Ash Falls State Park and see this, the amazing thing is some of the animals that were killed by this, that were native at this time to "Nebraska" were basically a type of rhino and more than one type of camel. I don't seem to see, or I don't think the people of Nebraska seem to see rhinos and camels wandering through the countryside of their state today. But they did back then.

One of the most amazing things I've seen that so beautifully and amazingly illustrates this was the story I saw of people exploring a cave in Illinois, looking at the ceiling of the cave above them, and seeing suspended upside down, the petrified remains of an ancient rain forest. You think the climate today in Illinois would support a rain forest? Of course not... but obviously it once did.

This world was once a beautiful place. It still is in many places, but I mean world wide. It will be again when God returns it to that. Romans 8:19-22 says that even the world itself, the creation or creature anticipates, is anxiously waiting for God to return and set things right... and He certainly will.

But the point is that creation, the world as God created it, is natural and always has been. No magic fruit, no talking snakes. Yes, God did open the mouth of Balaam's donkey, but that was an act of God to try to wake Balaam up to the truth. It should be noted as well that a donkey does have a "voice" and can make sound, while a snake does not. All it can do is hiss, but it has no vocal cords to make sound in that sense.

I'll be getting more on the subject in my next post, right now that's just some food for thought.

Jason
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #11
Sasa
USER INFO »

Good Morning Jason..

I am aware of Bullinger..I also have a companion bible and I used to have a hardback Strongs before but have since graduated to the internet. The biblegateway.com is a great source to compare different bible interpretations.

I am also familier with the term you introduced...My thinking is that alot of it is symbolic. The trees, the garden ..the snake..Man and Woman..Paradise..Paradise LOST.

And Paradise FOUND through Christ.

Ancient records:

The Rainbow Serpent (also known as the Rainbow Snake) is a major mythological being for Aboriginal people across Australia, although the creation myth associated with it are best known from northern Australia. In Fiji Ratumaibulu was a serpent god who ruled the underworld and made fruit trees bloom.

DECEPTION:

The symbolic connection between serpents and deceit may depend in part on the observation that snakes have forked tongues. A forked tongue is a tongue which has not one end, but two, pointing in different directions. In humans, the tongue is an essential tool in speech, and the presence of only one tip signifies the unity of truthful speech, and corresponds to the unity of the truth itself. There is only one truth, but there are many lies. The forked tongue represents the disunity of deceitful speech

(THINK ABOUT POSITIVE verses Negative)..GOOD and evil)
LIGHT verses dark) !!!

NOW THINK ABOUT THIS...this is ancient:

Chthonic serpents and sacred trees
In many myths the chthonic serpent (sometimes a pair) lives in or is coiled around a Tree of Life situated in a divine garden. In the Genesis story of the Torah and Biblical Old Testament the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is situated in the Garden of Eden together with the tree of immortality. In Greek mythology Ladon coiled around the tree in the garden of the Hesperides protecting the entheogenic golden apples.

Now think about this:

Sometimes the Tree of Life is represented (in a combination with similar concepts such as the World Tree and Axis mundi or "World Axis") by a staff such as those used by shamans. Examples of such staffs featuring coiled snakes in mythology are the caduceus of Hermes, the Rod of Asclepius, the staff of Moses, and the papyrus reeds and deity poles entwined by a single serpent Wadjet, dating to earlier than 3000 BCE. The oldest known representation of two snakes entwined around a rod is that of the Sumerian fertility god Ningizzida. Ningizzida was sometimes depicted as a serpent with a human head, eventually becoming a god of healing and magic...

AND finally...
Kundalini, a Sanskrit word meaning either "coiled up" or "coiling like a snake". Kundalini refers to the mothering intelligence behind yogic awakening and spiritual maturation leading to altered states of consciousness. There are a number of other translations of the term usually emphasizing a more serpentine nature to the word— e.g. 'serpent power'. It has been suggested by Joseph Campbell that the symbol of snakes coiled around a staff is an ancient representation of Kundalini physiology. The staff represents the spinal column with the snake(s) being energy channels. In the case of two coiled snakes they usually cross each other seven times, a possible reference to the seven energy centers called chakras

very popular symbol in medicine http://www.theholisticcare.com/Yoga%.../Kundalini.jpg

NOT so popular symbol but you can see how it works here:
http://www.kundaliniguide.com/images...sawakenpic.gif

(NOTICE THE LIGHT extending out from his/her head)...

I Appreciate your insight..Jason

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Sasa : 07-08-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #12
Sasa
USER INFO »

The MAYANS..something more to ponder

In the Mayan sacred book — the Popol Vuh — they speak of the World Tree, a magical tree that generates the four sacred directions moving out from the sacred center — Yaxkin — a system for humans that shapes and accesses the spiritual worlds. According to mythology, the World Tree was the first creation in the universe and then everything emanated (and continues to emanate) from it.

The Material and the Spiritual Worlds...again in the POPUL VUH

The Mayan Popul Vuh shows that by means of the imagination of the Creative God First Father, his son First Lord or One Hunapu, thrust upward the World Tree at the beginning of time to create a new world. Douglas Gillete commented in The Shaman’s Secret, “This wondrous Tree had its roots in the underworld. On the earth plane it shaped all time and space. Its topmost branches spread into the overworld where they organized the space-time of the heavens and set the star fields in motion.”

I find it interesting how the symbols..are so similier in that Christ in the book of Revelation ..Chapter 21 speaks of a New World...and thats one thing He represents..He makes all things NEW for those who BELIEVE.

Last edited by Sasa : 07-08-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Wow... you have a Companion Bible as well, Sasa? I wonder, are you familiar with Arnold Murray and Shepherd's Chapel?

I believe certainly there are many bits of truths in other religions. Notice I said bits of truths, or bits of THE TRUTH Naturally, I do believe the only full truth is found in Christ.

I think that while we see them as primitive and pagan (and many were), there were some Indians (Native Americans) who perhaps were closer to the truth than what we might believe. I know there are a lot of theories, some that may have a little validity, and some that don't.

This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what I just said, at least on the surface, but it's one of the neatest stories I've come across regarding George Washington. Years before the Revolutionary War, during the French and Indian War, Washington, who was in the British military at the time, went out with a large regiment of soldiers. They were ambushed by a combination of French soldiers and Indians, and though they outnumbered them, it was not a battle that went well for the British as many men were killed and wounded. There was an Indian chief who was instructing his best sharp shooters to shoot at and kill George Washington, who was riding on top of his horse in battle and in theory a rather easy target. But I believe the story is that Washington was either shot at 17 times or by 17 men, and there was a couple of occasions on which he had his horse shot out from under him, but rather than trying to flee, Washington would get on another horse and continue in the battle. Finally after shooting at him so many times and failing to even wound him, the Indian chief ordered his men to stop, saying that George Washington was under the protection of "The Great Spirit". Years later there was a council that took place between Washington and a group of others, including some Indians, and this chief was in that council. He had grown rather old by this time, but he stood and said that he was there during that battle and that he had his best sharp shooters trying to shoot and kill George Washington and none of them could hit him or wound him. He said again that George Washington was under the protection of The Great Spirit and was destined to become the chief or ruler of a mighty empire.

The amazing thing about that battle though was Washington had places in his hat where the bullets tore through his hat, and he had bullet holes in his coat where the bullets seemed to rip through the material and somehow just stop. And it sounds fanciful, but Washington wrote about this himself I believe in a letter to his parents saying that he wasn't sure how he was even still alive and uninjured, as he had bullets whizzing all around him, and bullet holes in his hat and coat, and Washington said it had to be the hand of God, or of providence as the only explanation... and this from a man that many call a deist, when obviously a deist would never believe or say such a thing. But it was interesting to me and amazing, not only the story and the thought that God obviously had an amazing plan for George Washington's life, but that it was an Indian chief realizing that Washington was protected by this "Great Spirit". And I look at that story, even though it came years before the actual Revolutionary War, but I look at that and just say, if anyone would ever wonder, "Did God have a hand in the creation of America?", I would say wonder no more.

Jason
Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
Sasa
USER INFO »

Wow..George
I watched Shephards Chapel for years... Studying deeply and for hours at a time. Have you seen the You tube video of him trying to shoot one of the people in the audience...for calling him a blasphemer...pretty bad stuff. Kind of made me think twice about who I was listening to. I didn't like that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2Xa3H0eQI

I stopped listening to men...as an authority and began to listen to God through many outlets, He guides me.. I kind of expanded and let God lead me to answer my questions..and it comes from an amazing amount of places. No one denomination in particular although I did join a church, which I have more positive experiences than negative..but I still have issues with fundamentalism. I am not a fundamentalist..I believe in freedom...and one's right to choose. I believe in the LOVE Christ exhibited. I have yet to find my place in worship, but I believe I will soon.
I agree with you about Christ...In my opinion He is bigger than religion. You can't put Him in a box..or a building. He is the living example of perfect UNITY with GOD. PERFECT MODEL...and my Savior.

George Washington is said to be a freethinker...A Mason....(http://www.reversespins.com/masons.html)

QUOTE from George: ""My attachment to the Society of which we are all members will dispose me always to contribute my best endeavors to promote the honor and prosperity of the Craft" (Sachse, 1915). Later in the same speech he said that the Masonic institution was one whose liberal principles are founded on the immutable laws of truth and justice and whose grand object is to promote the happiness of the human race."
(1797 address to the grand lodge)

another thing...He prayed constantly..he PRAYED and meditated.

Another quote: " The greatest enemy of religion and freedom is not the devil nor somebody else's religion. It is fanaticism (excessive intolerance of opposing views.)" In reference to fundamentalism.

There is a painting in the White House called the Apotheosis of George Washington..its a depiction or George Washington becoming godlike.

Apotheosis – n. (pl. apotheoses) 1 the highest point in the development of something. 2 elevation to divine status.

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/multimedia/6289

I am a Dan Brown fan...I was drawn to him because he is highly intelligent about symbology..and when you read his books he actually teaches some facts about history that is sometimes rare. In his book The Lost Symbol there are things in that book that will blow your mind. If you would like to borrow mine ...you may...I just finished it. LOVED IT. So will you especially if you like history.

I am also very interested in Native Americans and yes ...they shared beautiful truths that were natural and pure. They have much to teach us..even today.

Its interesting talking to you..thank you for that information on George..I didn't know that about him..kind of gave me the chills because I just finished reading about him.

God Bless!!

Last edited by Sasa : 07-09-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #15
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Ok, I've really been trying to take a look at this and make sure I've got it right. I'll admit much of my beliefs are heavily influenced by teachings I've picked up from the ministry I mentioned, Shepherd's Chapel and Pastor Arnold Murray. But I've been trying to put these teachings to the test even today, as I go back to the Hebrew, and the best I can say is what I'm about to say and the road I'm about to go down, I believe is the truth. It's a truth that quite honestly I know from experience will cause people to snicker, if not almost literally laugh you out of the room. But when one looks at the pattern that occurs throughout the Word and even the pattern in the world today and throughout history, then it gets a little bit harder to snicker... unless of course you're just prone to not believing the Word of God.

First of all, just for background I'm going to go to Genesis 1:11-12. Again, this isn't too terribly important, but it's part of the creation and kind of the first mention of trees in the Word.

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth:" and it was so."

Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Now, I feel lead to make mention of verse 29 of this same chapter. Verse 29 of Genesis 1 deals with the 6th day and the creation of 6th day man.

Genesis 1:29 "And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Now, there are some that might say that we have a contradiction or that God changed His mind, saying every tree is ok to eat from. But always be aware of the differences and distinctions, and the original Hebrew.

The word "man" in Genesis 1:26 is actually adam in the Hebrew, but it's a generic adam that refers to mankind. It's not Adam as in Adam and Eve. Note too that He created both male and female and gave them instructions to be fruitful and multiply, just as did to the animals He created. These are the different races of people. It's a biological impossibility for all the races to come from two people. This was the 6th day creation.

But then we come to the second chapter of Genesis and we find in verse 5 of this second chapter that God has not caused it to rain yet and he also did not have a man to till the ground. So he then formed eth-Ha adham, which is "this same man Adam". But note this was after He rested on the 7th day.

Now, in verse 9 of Genesis Chapter 2, we come to a mention of the trees in the Garden of Eden, and mentioned specifically we have the tree of life, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So again, we have a separation here of two trees, apart from all the other trees in the garden. This same tree of life is mentioned in Revelation 22:2. It stipulates there actually in verse 22:1 that there is a river of a water of life coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb... living water as offered by Jesus Christ to the Samaritan woman at the well. Now, I'll ask, was that living water literal water? The Samaritan woman thought it was, at least at first. She asked Christ to give her this water so she wouldn't have to continue to come to the well. But naturally the living water Christ spoke of is spiritual.

Now Christ referred to Himself as the bread of life as well (John 6:48) Was this literal bread? Obviously not, although again it confused those who were stuck in the flesh, asking how Christ could offer them His flesh to eat. But naturally He meant accept Him and believe upon Him and His Word, absorb it, and believe that He was that perfect sacrifice for one and all as forgiveness of sin and come to the Father through Him and indeed obtain eternal life.

So we need to recognize symbolism and we need to go back to the Hebrew. I'll talk more about these two trees in my next post.

Jason