++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
so, we're going MYLES KENNEDY

Ok, ok... before you all start with your replies, pay attention to the bold part below:

IT'S NOT OFFICIAL

But the singer for this new band (Mark, Flip, Brian's) is PROBABLY

Myles Kennedy, from The Mayfield Four.

Submersed performed at Hard Rock and Mark Tremonti was there. Myles was seen hangin out with Tru at the venue and at a post-concert party, at Mark's. (according to MudBaybee at the Pit) So, I guess we could bet on him.

You can check his Myles band at: http://www.themayfieldfour.com/

So, don't expect a Stapp-like singer. His voice is different. Although right now, after I heard some samples, I'm not expressing my opinion. His voice seems at a higher range than Stapp's. But let's see how he fits to the songs Mark wrote. From the samples, I can tell he screams too much... but that's his band. I'm not saying he's not good, actually, he seems pretty good. And he's not like Cornell either. From the 3 Hide posted on another thread, he's closer to Cornell, but he's different.

(Well, the first to thing that came to my attention was Stapp's voice along with Mark's tone in Higher. So, don't think I'm celebrating... coz you know, Stapp mammas will do everything to twist the meaning of things I'm posting right now.)

That said, one song you should check at Mayfield Four's site is Eden (turn the page).

Let's wait to see what happens.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:09 PM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Hmmmm. I don't like to trust sources from the Pit... But, anyway, I've never heard of the dude.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-25-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
I just checked them out! I surely do love what I hear! Great band and a great singer... quite a surprise actually! Never heard of them before but if that's the man... they sure could've done worse in my opinion!

The band got a variety of songs... real slow and tougher ones! Just like CREED! Yeah I like them!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 01-25-2004, 01:39 PM   #4
Greenworld
USER INFO »
wow

this is so weird, I've listened to MF and i telling my brother, ha what if that guy in MF was the singer for tremonti's new band? man i hope he's the singer, he's got such an awesome range.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #5
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
he plays guitar!... Could we see a lil Rythem action goin on? YAY THAT COULD MEAN MORE HELLISH SOLOS!!!!! YES!!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #6
Frankie
USER INFO »
Guess they have found a cure for Acute Tinnitus

Dream called, but musician couldn't hear it
by Doug Clark

The telephone rang not long ago inside a Spokane South Hill home. What followed could have been a scene out of some rock star movie.

Myles Kennedy picked up the receiver. On the other end of the line was none other than Slash, former lead guitarist of the legendary band, Guns N' Roses.

The celebrity rocker offered Kennedy a dream many musicians would mortgage mamma for.

Slash wanted him to audition as singer for his new band. If accepted, Kennedy would be given a lucrative recording and touring contract.

Now comes the punch line. After agonizing for a few days, Kennedy finally said no.

No?

He had to. And here's where the story takes a sad turn.

At 32, Kennedy has already taken an enviable journey down the rock star highway.

In 1998, his own band, The Mayfield Four, signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Epic Records.

Following a first album and tour, Kennedy played a cameo role in "Rock Star," a big-budget movie starring Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston.

Another album. Another tour. Photographs and mentions in various hipster publications ...

Oozing with good looks and talent, Kennedy is a soft-spoken, nice guy. He has none of that jerky front man swagger associated with the David Lee Roths of his trade.

He's a local archetype of that rock 'n' roll success all kids who plug a guitar into an amp aspire to.

Unfortunately, Kennedy has also become an archetype for what the continual exposure to high-volume sound will do to hearing.

"Silence is really a great thing," says Kennedy. "When you can go into a room and just hear your breathing or the beating of your heart.

"I will never, ever have that luxury again. And it's extremely depressing."

Kennedy suffers from a strange condition with an even stranger name: tinnitus.

This is the term given to describe the ringing or buzzing some people hear despite absence of an external sound.

The malady ranges from slight to extreme, with Kennedy's being way, way up there on the Aggravation Index.

The constant sound, he says, is similar to the tone emitted by a television when it is first turned on.

It is an ongoing distraction. Loud. Intrusive.

It prevents him from discerning certain consonants and "S" sounds. In crowded rooms or rooms with a lot of extraneous noise going on, Kennedy often must lip read to understand what is being said.

"I was really, really depressed," he says. "Not only did it drive me crazy, but it was almost painful to play an electric guitar.

"After 17 years of doing it, rock 'n' roll finally got me."

Kennedy believes the real damage to his hearing occurred this summer. Coming off tour, Kennedy says he spent day after day, holed up in his basement studio, creating music tracks and listening to them through headphones at ear-splitting levels.

The close proximity of sound to ears virtually fried some of the high frequencies in his hearing.

Then one morning he realized something was terribly wrong. Normally, Kennedy kept the air conditioner on, which probably covered his tinnitus tone.

On this day, however, the air conditioner was off.

"I realized that things don't quite sound the same," he says. "And not only don't they sound the same, but there's this new sound that won't go away."

Doctors put the name on it. Outside of cochlear implants, they told him, the condition was permanent.

There are ways to deal with tinnitus. The Internet is ripe with cures and devices.

Mostly you just have to learn to live with it.

Kennedy hasn't given up on his music. Tinnitus has forced him to refocus on a more acoustic approach.

He wants his story to serve as a cautionary tale to all the rockers and guitar slingers who'd like to follow his boot prints.

Use your head to protect your ears: Wear protection like plugs or custom-made ear inserts. Keep the volume down on headphones.

Do that and maybe you'll be able to say yes when Slash comes calling.

"I love rock 'n' roll, and I do miss it," says Kennedy. "That was my drug for years -- the volume and adrenaline -- and I can't do it any more.

"My ears won't let me."
Old 01-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
oh, poor guy! that's something I don't wish for anybody.

Anyway, despite it was on the pit, MudBaybee is reliable and also posts here at creedfeed occasionally. But she/he (sorry, I don't know her/him) didn't say if they slipped something, just that he was there and at the party.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #8
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Intresting.....well....
Old 01-25-2004, 05:13 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Frankie, do you have the date of that article? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #10
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Frankie I just ran into that same interview! Already copied it to post it here... but you were much earlier I was a bit disappointed when I read all this... it was an interview from 26-11-'02 in a Spokane's newspaper.

I really love the band's music and Myles his voice! Well... maybe there was a cure for that tinnitus-thing... Ahhh just wishful thinking

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 01-25-2004, 06:39 PM   #11
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I doubt he's the singer of Mark's new band... The Mayfield Four is going to be on tour this summer with Everclear.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-25-2004, 06:44 PM   #12
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
maybe that's why there's all the hush-hush about it...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-25-2004, 06:57 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Steve has a point. His band just released the 1st single for their 2nd album.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:23 PM   #14
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Steve has a point. His band just released the 1st single for their 2nd album.

The first single(Eden) of the second CD(Second Skin) has been released at 20 april 2001 ...that's a while ago!

There was also someone on the guestbook at MF's site who wrote on the 20th of January this year...

Referred By: Just Surfed In
City/Country: USA
Comments: There's a rumor abroad. Myles has found a new gig. M4 is definitely done.

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 01-25-2004, 08:44 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) The first single(Eden) of the second CD(Second Skin) has been released at 20 april 2001 ...that's a while ago!

There was also someone on the guestbook at MF's site who wrote on the 20th of January this year...

Referred By: Just Surfed In
City/Country: USA
Comments: There's a rumor abroad. Myles has found a new gig. M4 is definitely done.

yeah, you're right. I just came here to correct my post! Thanks for the info, though.

Their site haven't been updated for ages (sounds familiar to you? ) and the main page gave me the impression it was just released.

I need to wake up !!!

I can't access the board, though...