++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #136
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) we can throw our opinions to and fro until the end of days but the scriptures are very clear on the issue!
and that is precisely what I believe

Old 01-30-2004, 09:21 PM   #137
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) we can throw our opinions to and fro until the end of days but the scriptures are very clear on the issue!
So..sense you believe sooo much in what scripture says about homosexuals...you must also believe what Souldance had written about not eating shellfish..pigs etc. Does this mean you also don't use doctors or medicines..cause you can read that into the scriptures too. Or do you just select the scripture passages that you like best and ignore the rest?
Sorry to sound so mean and nasty here...but this is the exact point many of us here have been trying to get across. Most people ingore parts of the Bible and scripture..and only abide by those selections they deem relevent to them. Isn't this a bit hypocritical? From what you say...you should believe every word in the Bible and thus obey everything. Do you really do this?
To judge someone and to say their an abomination, to throw chosen passage of scripture at them is wrong. Unless you are living 100% by the Bible..then you have NO Right to judge others and say who is and isn't living as God intended.
And once AGAIN....The Bible was written by MEN...NOT GOD.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #138
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) And once AGAIN....The Bible was written by MEN...NOT GOD.
To paraphrase a verse whose source I cannot recall:
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking...etc"
Yes, it was written by men, but these amazing men could not have written it without the Lord's help.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:47 PM   #139
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right ON, njcreedite...
Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 PM   #140
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) To paraphrase a verse whose source I cannot recall:
Yes, it was written by men, but these amazing men could not have written it without the Lord's help.

Exactly. It is God-breathed scripture. But, the Bible is not necessarily a living document(i know i'm going to catch hell for that). The old testament law basically becomes obsolete when Jesus comes. You have to look at it in the context of when it was written. You can't just look at the old testament by itself. That is taking it out of context. In the beginning, there was the old testament, and that is how things were. Now, here comes Jesus and that's how things should be.... Love, not condemnation. Do you really see Jesus boycotting Disney because they allow their workers to share insurance not only with their spouse, but their "partner"??? Of course not. The Southern Baptist are taking on the role of God by punishing homosexuality. That is NOT their place, and neither is it anybody's.(besides God's)
Old 01-31-2004, 07:59 AM   #141
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
This part is really only for Hide and other Christians.
Yeh I know what U R seeing, but just consider what I said concerning the pagan practices that were goin on.

It's like tattoos, right, they were detestable to God cos of the reason they were being done. It was a pagan practice. These days people have no idea of that and get them done for all different reasons. Even Christians get crosses on them and in some denominations everybody gets a cross done on their hand. I doubt that they are goin to hell for it.

BTW, this is 2 everyone, U have seen my posts in the past. I dont hate gays. Neither does God, cos He told me. So please dont think that I do.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-31-2004, 03:15 PM   #142
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) To paraphrase a verse whose source I cannot recall:
Ahhhh and do we know this for sure? How do we know passages weren't written by some well spoken, well written self serving person of that time? We don't now do we. There have been many many false prophets...do we know for sure that their aren't any who contributed to the Bible? Nope.
Also...Man (men...not women) put his own spin on things when writing the Bible. Little science was known...women were considered possessions, and the people were scared to death of anything they could not explain (there for it was a bad thing). They may have been "good men", but their knowledge and perspective is questionable in this day and age.
Oh..and about Jesus...10 commandments were written before him..do we just throw those out the window? Not everyone believes in Jesus..does that mean they are wrong? What they believe is less valid than Christianity?
I think not.
One more amazing fact....Georgia (joining a few other states..like Florida) will be banning the use of the word "evolution" from science classes. Oh yeah..that's a step in the right direction. What are we to raise a generation of ingnorant youths? I don't understand why the evolution of man and creation have to be mutally exclusive. How do we know that God did not send Man out of the Garden of Eden and into the cave??? God's timeline is not the same as ours...or at least that's the theory...so why do we assume we couldn't have evolved from the apes..and still have been from Adam and Eve? Both theories can work together...same with the big bang theory and many others.
Oh and for those wondering...I'm liberal...I'm not a democrat or republican..I vote for the best choice..not party, and I was raised Catholic.. went to Catholic school etc.. I've argued many points with the priests and nuns over the years and must say, many of them are more open-minded than some of you. I'm Catholic, but not a "good" one. I have my own opinions and don't follow anything or anyone blindly.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 02-01-2004, 04:52 AM   #143
hide
USER INFO »
the subject of evolution/creation or origins is one that brings out a lot of fire in the belly, but let me make it clear its not science versus religion, its really two different religions. It takes a lot of "faith" to believe in evolution. That the big bang somehow created order, that there are all these missing links but still believe, that we can't see evolution happening but we are told that because it happens over millions of years we can't see it but trust us! Doesn't intelligent design make more sense? Take the bird lung, it is a competely different system to the repitlian lung, yet we are to believe that it arose somehow from chance from the repitlian lung?

What religious schools should do is teach both theroies side by side and allow the students to make up their own minds. And state schools should stop force feeding evolution, which is a theroy that has holes everywhere as fact to our youth! if anyone wants to find our more visit www.answersingenesis.org
Old 02-01-2004, 08:54 AM   #144
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Yeh, but wasnt prayer banned in heaps of schools as well? It's not just the belief of evolution that's getting persecuted.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #145
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Prayer is not banned and never will be banned. I'm guessing you mean school lead prayer is banned. Yes, that is true, but that is just separation of church and state. You can still find prayer in private schools because they of course, don't get any type of state or federal funding.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #146
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
The bible is explicitly clear on every issue mentioned here. in romans and severy other books, it says that homosexulaity is wrong. that still applies today. one can't say, "that was written a long time ago. times change, and this verse doesn't apply in to todays society." well, that is wrong. if we took that view on the bible, then we could commit any crime we wanted. the bible is clear on this issue, and also about what we can eat and not eat etc... the bible says that is eating meat makes one fellow christina stumble, then we are not to eat around that person. it doesn't mean it is is wrong, just wrong for that person. because it is going against his conscience.

the bible was techincally written by men. however, it was not composed by men. the holy spirit was "telling" then men what to write. it is the inspired, authoritative, word of God.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #147
RMadd
USER INFO »
Prayer is still legal in public schools. It's merely the act of teacher or other administrators leading the students if it there exists no other option. For example, a teacher could lead a prayer in a Christian study group so long as all students present are fine with it.

Old 02-04-2004, 08:54 PM   #148
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) This part is really only for Hide and other Christians.
Yeh I know what U R seeing, but just consider what I said concerning the pagan practices that were goin on.

It's like tattoos, right, they were detestable to God cos of the reason they were being done. It was a pagan practice. These days people have no idea of that and get them done for all different reasons. Even Christians get crosses on them and in some denominations everybody gets a cross done on their hand. I doubt that they are goin to hell for it.

BTW, this is 2 everyone, U have seen my posts in the past. I dont hate gays. Neither does God, cos He told me. So please dont think that I do.
Tatoos it was written that you should not have these things on your body as well as jewlery body makeup but in times of old christians did not do these things which a lot of this is coming from the old testimeant~~people of todays socitey are getting tatoos of christ like you said i think this is cool with the big jc ya know~~But in the time before christ was born only the evil wore gold And tattoos~~Im rambling But I guess What Im trying To say He died For all of these sins And By the blood we our set free I Really Doubt There going to hell for it 2 PEAce be which
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-05-2004, 12:42 AM   #149
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Prayer is still legal in public schools. It's merely the act of teacher or other administrators leading the students if it there exists no other option. For example, a teacher could lead a prayer in a Christian study group so long as all students present are fine with it.
Cool, so there are some restrictions, just like with the word: "Evolution". I doubt that it wont be taught altogether just cos the word cant be used.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-05-2004, 01:24 AM   #150
souldancer
USER INFO »
(retracting comments)

Last edited by souldancer : 02-05-2004 at 01:40 AM.