++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
Carly
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
the devil and rock and roll

Can anyone explain to me what's with the devil and rock and roll, why people show the devil sign on rock concerts. I think Creed and Alter Bridge are a good way to help you spiritually still I have to ask myself if they in fact worship the devil because it's rock and roll.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Re: the devil and rock and roll

Did you ever consider that God and the Devil are just pretend and it really doen't matter what they do???
Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

I can recall the heavy metal bands who claimed to be satanic (so they could gain in occult popularity) often used the devils horn sign... It wasn't until later in my life that I realised these poor souls were true demons, and were all under the power of their leader:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...satan_sign.jpg

Hope that helps.

Heaven

Old 01-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Carly
USER INFO »

I agree with you about them being demonic. Those are bands I never liked anyway but I have seen pictures where Scott Stapp also shows that sign. So in my opinion that's the same thing. It's like saying you are on the side of the devil. They should make an angel sign for Creed, Alter Bridge and some other bands because they are truly kind people. Sometimes I wonder if the whole rock and roll bussiness is just working for the devil which is very sad to me because some of the music can really make you a better person. It's all very ambigious. Bands that talk about purity and innocence show the devil sign at their concerts. I don't want these people to lead my way. For me it is a reason to stop listening to rock and roll even though I love the music very much.

Whether the devil exists or not we all know what he stands for.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Carly) Bands that talk about purity and innocence show the devil sign at their concerts. I don't want these people to lead my way. For me it is a reason to stop listening to rock and roll even though I love the music very much.
Whether the devil exists or not we all know what he stands for.

Cmon, people rock is the devils music???? Please...this discussion is too old and nonsense...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
RalphyS
USER INFO »

I made this sign and until now I didn't even know it was supposed to be the devil's sign

Interestingly, it's the same gesture that spider-man makes when he shoots his web, so Marvel Comics is probably also under the influence of Satan

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 01-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
Carly
USER INFO »

I just think it is stupid to cheer the devil on while you are fighting evil in your lyrics. It might be an old discussion but why is it so meaningless to all these musicians? I don't know about you but using that sign makes me feel like a sheep. I don't want to be one of those people who unconsciencely worships the devil.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:53 AM   #8
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Yeah, I'm glad I will be doing it consciously from now on

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 01-23-2006, 07:54 AM   #9
Carly
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Yeah, I'm glad I will be doing it consciously from now on
Old 01-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

that devil hand gesture in Rock music is credited to an artist can to dio, one of the legends of heavy metal and he started to do that when he played on stage (he got it from I think his grandmother and she used it to ward away the evil spirits, {how ironic is as done a 180 turn in meaning} ) and it progressed for there. The relationship to rock and the devil lies into two areas: Rock to consevatives have been seen has demonic in nature because it was so different than what they though was right so they needed to try to scare the "young people" away from it, so the easiest way is to bring relgion in. Rock at its core has never been about the devil but at some point a rebelion against the normalaties and the conservative lifestyle. Yes some artists are non-christians and use rock as a platform for their beliefs but that is because of how Rock is, it was and still today a platform for people on the fringe of a uptight conservative society to express themselves.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »

i would imagine most groups and fans use it today as a mere matter of custom or tradition, not because they actually worship the devil or anything along those lines. you don't hold up your lighter to show you're a pyro or smoker, you do so to acknowledge a great ballad or slower song.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i would imagine most groups and fans use it today as a mere matter of custom or tradition, not because they actually worship the devil or anything along those lines. you don't hold up your lighter to show you're a pyro or smoker, you do so to acknowledge a great ballad or slower song.

Exactly!!!!! Btw, lately Im a fan of your words, Ryan...lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #13
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) I made this sign and until now I didn't even know it was supposed to be the devil's sign

Interestingly, it's the same gesture that spider-man makes when he shoots his web, so Marvel Comics is probably also under the influence of Satan
It's also the Texas Longhorns gesture. I believe that's what Bush is doing in that picture.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »

I remember at his inauguration last year, he did that sign (Hook 'em, Horns!), and evidently a bunch of Scandinavians took it the wrong way, such that they thought he was praising the devil or something.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Did you ever consider that God and the Devil are just pretend and it really doen't matter what they do???
i just thought i might point out the image you have in your signature