++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-09-2002, 09:42 AM   #1
John 3:16
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"The Pit", continues to bash Creed and Stapp

You would think that they would get a Life. That board SUCKS!!!!

John
Old 12-09-2002, 11:49 AM   #2
shunammite
USER INFO »
True but they always have the dope first, I read there. And learn a lot.

And I learn what not to read.

But hey blessed are ye when men shall revile you and say all manner of evil against you.

Stapp gets it from every direction, I'm sure he's earned some of it, but he's HUMAN, I will take the bad with the good, because the GOOD is SO GOOD!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 02:36 PM   #3
KBoo925
USER INFO »
I was totally shocked when I read some of the posts on that site. I can't believe how cruel and angry some people can be. I know that's what Scott means when he's singing Bullets...I just hope he doesn't read that board. Rather he come here and see how there's still some support and love in the world.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:48 PM   #4
shunammite
USER INFO »
Oh they love him, Stapp that is, but they are just constantly asking TOO MUCH and then being mad because he can't deliver.

But they are a FAITHFUL CROWD, they know EVERYTHING before ANYONE ELSE.

I too hope Stapp doesn't read there. But if he does, nothing anyone else says could hurt him, he'd be "vaccinated" against ANYTHING!
Old 12-09-2002, 02:56 PM   #5
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
<b>
I too hope Stapp doesn't read there. &nbsp;But if he does, nothing anyone else says could hurt him, he'd be "vaccinated" against ANYTHING! </b>

What do you mean by "vaccinated"?
Old 12-09-2002, 05:04 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's why I don't even go there unless somebody points out something interesting. I've said it before, it's not a very user friendly board and the people there are way too negative. I'll stay here and go there only when necessary.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-09-2002, 06:02 PM   #7
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
Well boys and girls, facts are facts , and it does not matter how much of a fan that you are, sometimes the truth just hurts! I am Creed nuts, traveling all over the country, spending lots and lots of money, but when the band or their management pulls the plug on an innocent webcast that all of the other bands permitted last night in L.A. at the KROQ event, I would say that is completely wrong. Then, there is the Billboard Awards show tonight that I almost went to in Vegas. The band is not playing Live tonight, but rather taped the performance from the top of a hotel in Vegas. Now wouldn't you be upset if you paid money to travel to Vegas and only got to see them on a video screen?

I really did not mean to bring a negative feel here, I just wanted to point out a few items of concern from my point of view.Thanks for reading and have a great evening. See ya!

Jeff
Old 12-09-2002, 06:36 PM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: Originally posted by CreedJeff
Well boys and girls, facts are facts , and it does not matter how much of a fan that you are, sometimes the truth just hurts! I am Creed nuts, traveling all over the country, spending lots and lots of money, but when the band or their management pulls the plug on an innocent webcast that all of the other bands permitted last night in L.A. at the KROQ event, I would say that is completely wrong. Then, there is the Billboard Awards show tonight that I almost went to in Vegas. The band is not playing Live tonight, but rather taped the performance from the top of a hotel in Vegas. Now wouldn't you be upset if you paid money to travel to Vegas and only got to see them on a video screen?

I really did not mean to bring a negative feel here, I just wanted to point out a few items of concern from my point of view.Thanks for reading and have a great evening. See ya!

Jeff

1. Just because Creed's performance wasn't broadcast last night does not mean it was Creed's decision. The record company owns the rights to Creed basically and they have the say on what goes and what doesn't. They can ultimately decide whether or not a Creed performance can happen and whether or not it can be broadcast freely. You can't blame the band for (a) something you don't even know all the details for, and (B) something that the band might not have had any input in.

2. You know that the Billboard awards has one, or several, producers who decide how the show is put together. Creed doesn't say "Well if we don't get to record our performance on top of a building, then we won't play at all." The producers decide who will play, where it will happen, and how it will be put together. Again, you can't blame the band because it isn't their decision.

This is the problem with message boards like Creedpit in my honest opinion... everyone jumps to conclusions without even thinking. Yes you may be angry and all, but you don't start blurting out things you know nothing about. I'm not trying to put down Creedpit because it's a great site and there's a bunch of good people there. I'm just saying what happens on occasion that is uncalled for.

Also, I'm not saying that I'm right either. Maybe Creed did decide not to allow their performance to be webcasted. I'm just trying to state some facts on the situation. Bands have to follow according to their contract and their record label. So don't jump to harsh conclusions until you understand the whole situation.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-09-2002, 06:56 PM   #9
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
leave it up to steve to save the day!

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 12-09-2002, 08:56 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Steve you are the MAN for sure!!!! You say everything I think before I can even say it!!!!!! As far as CreedPit yeah they may have some "info" but what makes it correct info? Just because they say something does not mean it is correct! I have learned in life that you can only believe about half you hear!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-09-2002, 10:27 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Logistically, I think it would've been almost impossible for Creed to be at the awards ceremony to win the first award, rush over to the Stratosphere, perform, then rush back to see if they won the final award of the night. That's pushing things a bit. I don't really have an opinion on the webcast last night because I wouldn't have been able to see it anyway, but Steve's right. It's not only Creed's choice, they are bound by their contract and don't have the last word.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-10-2002, 12:52 AM   #12
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
<b>But they are a FAITHFUL CROWD, they know EVERYTHING before ANYONE ELSE.

I too hope Stapp doesn't read there. &nbsp;But if he does, nothing anyone else says could hurt him, he'd be "vaccinated" against ANYTHING! </b>
I don't care to go even read what they post, but still - just knowing it happens, and even the bits here on our board of late, is dissapointing (disgusting) - it helps to play Bullets, you are right - and, per your recent post... how about ODE too!!!
Old 12-10-2002, 11:32 AM   #13
marlsy
USER INFO »
Steve is the man!! He speaks the truth!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:39 AM   #14
LovinCreed
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
That's why I don't even go there unless somebody points out something interesting. I've said it before, it's not a very user friendly board and the people there are way too negative. I'll stay here and go there only when necessary.

Me too!

Lisa
Old 12-11-2002, 01:24 PM   #15
Creed Say I
USER INFO »
Well said Steve,

Word has spread far and wide about the pit lately. I know of alot of people not wishing to post there at the moment.
Which is a pity.

Sharon.