++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 01-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
CreedBG
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is post-grunge dying?

I'm sad to see one of my favorite genres to fall from the mainstream.
In 2010 we see no post-grunge song break the top 20 charts. Daughtry's song "September" was №36 and that's the only top 40 this year.
We have new albums from post-grunge artists such as Alter Bridge, Lifehouse, Saving Abel, My Darkest Days and Hinder, but so far without any presence in the spotlight. Daughtry's 2009 album "Leave This Town" is the last pure post-grunge album topping the billboard 200. Creed did very good debuting #2, but its poor compared to the old times.
I hope that year 2011 will be better for post-grunge with big names like 3 Doors Down, Foo Fighters, Nickelback and Scott Stapp all release new albums.
And electronic influenced indie rock is gaining much more attention than before. Are we witnessing shift in rock music?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Is post-grunge dying?

Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedBG) I'm sad to see one of my favorite genres to fall from the mainstream.
In 2010 we see no post-grunge song break the top 20 charts. Daughtry's song "September" was №36 and that's the only top 40 this year.
We have new albums from post-grunge artists such as Alter Bridge, Lifehouse, Saving Abel, My Darkest Days and Hinder, but so far without any presence in the spotlight. Daughtry's 2009 album "Leave This Town" is the last pure post-grunge album topping the billboard 200. Creed did very good debuting #2, but its poor compared to the old times.
I hope that year 2011 will be better for post-grunge with big names like 3 Doors Down, Foo Fighters, Nickelback and Scott Stapp all release new albums.
And electronic influenced indie rock is gaining much more attention than before. Are we witnessing shift in rock music?
my good man it could be the shift of salt water in the alantic, Quade, Day After Tommrow, yes there is a shift, of some sorts, but Serious man, i,ve been wanting to thread like this, in the music matters, time just has,nt permitted, i,ll get back with this topic later, because music matters, ya,alls, On AB,s Black Bird, due to myles brillant range of vocals, on some tracks, such as burried alive, was far from, the typical sound of the grunge base, ....Rock On....
Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Is post-grunge dying?

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) my good man it could be the shift of salt water in the alantic, Quade, Day After Tommrow, yes there is a shift, of some sorts, but Serious man, i,ve been wanting to thread like this, in the music matters, time just has,nt permitted, i,ll get back with this topic later, because music matters, ya,alls, On AB,s Black Bird, due to myles brillant range of vocals, on some tracks, such as burried alive, was far from, the typical sound of the grunge base, ....Rock On....
Lines From Bushs, Glycerine, when we collides its like strawberry fields, and because of chris we all gets to keep the butterflies, so yeah, i guess it is brother, however u never really considred NIRVANA A grunge band, they were to diverse, ROCK ON,