++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2002, 04:55 AM   #1
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Post for Peace

A place to post feelings, ideas, concerns, quotes and actions re: "Peace."

One of many reasons why I am a Creed Fan is their message/example re: peace. Particularly the lines..."There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend, It will help you carry on." Also, "It feels so good to reunite within yourself and within your mind. Let’s find peace there."

What does peace mean to you? What makes you feel peaceful? How would you like to see peace in your home, community, the world? What are some positive actions/words for a peaceful environment? Please comment on any, all or something related.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:11 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think to achieve peace in the world, we all have to work on achieving peace within ourselves. It's not an easy journey, especially with all the outside influences trying to dictate to us what peace inside us really is. Most of it has nothing to do with what really matters.

I get so angry sometimes at what is shoved down our throats regarding peace and happiness. All those people trolling for our dollars try to tell us material possessions and conveniences will bring us peace. NOT. It's about people, not things. It's a simple concept but one that few in this country, IMHO, are willing to accept.

Peace for me means being true to myself and honest about who I am in this world, being able to look in the mirror and say I haven't sold out. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did what I consider selling out. I refuse to be categorized or pigeonholed and will never back down from what I think is real. Finding peace starts inside yourself. You can't be good to others until you treat yourself with respect and dignity. It grows from the inside out.

I'm probably not making much sense. Been a very long day and I'm getting tired.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
Well said Dogstar!!! Makes total sense!!

Peace to me, well it means many things.....I find peace in simplicity, having people I love around me, good converstaion, and helping others. I have a stong desire to do helpful things for others, such as last year I organized a huge affair at work to send Christmas packages to Afghanistan for the soldiers fighting for our freedom and when I got a "thank you" letter back from them.... Well it really made me feel incredible to know what an effect it had on them I try really hard to do alot for others, that is where I find the most peace, because giving to others, time, energy and love I feel comes back to you ten fold!!!! I also find peace a lot in the outdoors, and animals, there is nothing better to be to go for a walk by myself and sit at a lake and with a pet with you and just "think" I love to be outside and I love to be alone a lot, (grew up as an only child) sometimes I take my portable Cd player and walk some where and just sit, and listen to music, THAT IS PEACEFUL to me. I relate soooo much to Creed's song Faceless man, gives me chills some times!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-15-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
allison
USER INFO »
I struggle with feeling peace. The reason I have a difficult time achieving this feeling is because of all in this world that is so un-peaceful. There is just so much intense human and animal suffering going on all the time, every second, and it's so bad, that I just have a hard time feeling peace. I know people say that you can't dwell on those thoughts or you'll go crazy, and they're right, but for me it's easier said than done. I have just always been a very sensitive, compassionate person who feels others' pain, not just my own. And although I know being a very caring person is admirable, sometimes I wish I didn't care. It seems like things would be a lot easier.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-15-2002, 12:23 PM   #5
JenRN
USER INFO »
Allison... I totally understand what you are saying! BUT you have to try and not focus on those things all the time! I know after 9-11 I eally had a hard time adapting, living in the "hot zone" worried all the time about war and terorism, then the sniper incident this fall where 2 people were killed 1 mile from where I work! Sometimes it is overwhelming to think about these things all the time. Everytime I go by and animal shelter I practically cry, wanting to free all the animals of impending doom! There are so many things that are so unpeaceful in our world, but you need to find the peace in yourself and focus on making that real!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-15-2002, 02:58 PM   #6
allison
USER INFO »
I know you are right, Jen. Sometimes I just feel like, what right do I have to have fun and feel carefree when there are so many people and animals suffering horribly. But I know that I really need to try harder not to let all the horrible stuff in the world get me down. It just feels like a constant weight on my shoulders. I guess I just need to try and force myself to not think about these things? I don't know?

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #7
Read JDM
USER INFO »
I'm glad to have seen my own sentiments echoed in several of the posts above. Really, I am. Because I believe world peace is virtually impossible -- desirable, obviously, but nevertheless impossible. There are too many conflicting interests, too many differences in ideas. People sometimes hate each other over arguments they never realize they're on the same side of. I'd say I don't get it, but I do get it; it's "just one of those things" we have to learn to accept. To that end, I believe inner peace is the way. We might never achieve real world peace -- or worldly peace, as I think it should more appropriately be called -- but I think inner peace, when had by many, will bring us closer to worldly peace than we've ever been.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:02 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree, Read, inner peace is the way to start at least hoping for world peace. People who are hurting inside or angry sometimes take that out on others. That is apparent in things like 9-11 and other killing rampages, Columbine and the like.

Allison, I know what you mean about feeling that weight on your shoulders. As I said, it's no easy journey. I worry about a lot of things, too, but like Jen, I have a strong desire to help others and I figure if I can make my little corner of the world a better place, that maybe some of that spirit will catch on with others and they in turn will try to do the same. It has to start with each person.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:14 PM   #9
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I agree, Read, inner peace is the way to start at least hoping for world peace. People who are hurting inside or angry sometimes take that out on others. That is apparent in things like 9-11 and other killing rampages, Columbine and the like.

The ironic thing is, for me anyway, it's the Columbine and 9/11-type stuff that makes me an angry person at all. I can't stand the logic of this world sometimes. It makes me so... so... thirsty, and I think I need a beer.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:23 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm buying, Read!!

Seriously, I agree with Jen & Dogstar, you can only do what YOU can do, you can't take on the entire world. If you make your little piece of the world a happier place, hopefully someone will carry that to their own corner of the world and so on and so on. If you can touch just one person and make them feel better, and then that person goes and makes just one other person feel better and it carries like a chain, you ARE doing something good for mankind. Sure beats the hell out of arguing, doesn't it?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-15-2002, 05:27 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
Kind of like the movie "Pay it Forward!!!" Have any of you guys seen it?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-15-2002, 05:34 PM   #12
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No but it's on my list of movies to rent. I love Kevin Spacey. What was the premise of the flick, Jen?

Old 11-15-2002, 05:41 PM   #13
JenRN
USER INFO »
Teri... All I have to say is get the kleenex READY!!!!!! Basically the movie is about a teacher starting an assignment of "Make a difference" and the boy goes to the extreme and starts this chain of pay it forward. Meaning do something good for some one and then that person has to "pay it forward" by doing something good for some one else, and so on. It is a REAL good movie, saw it once and cried, I want to see it again to catch those little things you always miss the first time you watch a movie. DEFINATELY GET IT TO RENT!!!!! You will not be dissapointed, I love Kevin Spacey too!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
See, you just convinced me to watch this good movie and if I can learn from it, I'll pass it on. The next person I tell about it will hopefully watch and learn from it and so on. You can only worry about one thing at a time. Make those around you feel good and you'll feel good yourself.

Old 11-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #15
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Pay It Forward was an amazing concept for a movie, and an excellent idea for all of us to apply in real life.