++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #31
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed reunion opinion

I agree that anything can happen in the future. I really really hope someday in the future they do get back together, may be wishfull thinking but, oh well!!! I will wish that forever!! You never know how they will feel in a few years and the bills arn't getting paid. Mark may be a little more forgiving, or I may just be full of shit! LOL anyway, I just like to HOPE that someday it will happen.
I will post my pics of mark in chatorama since I also have pics of other musicians as well in a few minutes.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #32
marlsy
USER INFO »

well, might take awhile until I figure out how to make my pics less than 100 kb
Old 01-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #33
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Braddsn) Oh and Ana4Stapp, you quoted what marlsy said and then asked "was that enough".. well, no its not enough.. to answer your question.
I have been in fights and arguments with many people, and even after months or years if you asked me if I would ever speak to them again, I would have said "no way". But I find myself friends with them again at some point. Time heals. Just an opinion.

Well Brad in MY opinion we wont see a Creed reunion...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #34
bobben
USER INFO »

If Mark can't take Stapp's apologize, then Mark's a big jerk! They were best friends and just ended it because one part of the friendship hit the wall and stayed down. Stapp's apologized to Mark a million times allready and he has showed everyone that he wants to get clean and healthy again! So why can't Mark just forgive Stapp!? If he does and they become friends again, I will say that it'a at least a small possibility for a reunion.
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #35
shiver
USER INFO »

There will be no reunion. I hope there is no reunion. As much as I liked Creed, the music was going downhill. Now the guys in AB have freedom to make some music, and stapp has his chance to be a star, without having to fight for control. GET OVER IT PEOPLE!
They are done. Fin. That's all folks. Close thread. Now. Hasta la vista. No mas. Gone. Like Al Pacino's cash. Nothin' last in this world.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #36
Braddsn
USER INFO »

Shiver, we are over it. I don't think anyone said specifically that they were not over it. Also, I can't help but notice the negativity spewing from your soul.. hehe.. you are on creedfeed.com, posting, yet you said "I hope there is no reunion". ???? At minimum I am confuzzzed! Lighten up dude! Fact is, there are many past great bands that I would like to see more music from. And im sure others would too. Example, Led Zeppelin. I would love to have them back, but for obvious reasons thats impossible! I am over it though. This whole post came from me watching some music videos that I have on my hard drive that I have collected over the years. First, I watched some Alter Bridge videos that I found.. live and on the Alter Bridge site. Absolutely awesome band. Top notch in my opinion, one of my favorite at this time. Also, I watched some Stapp stuff that I have found and collected. Pretty good too! Not as good as AB in my opinion, but still Stapp.
THEN I sat back and watched all of my Creed collection. DAMN!!!! No comparison. What a band! I have some old bootleg stuff from the MOP days, all the way up to some live stuff right before they broke up. They were at the top for good reason. Incredible. I saw them live maybe 5 times or so. I just remember how blown away I was, one of the best acts I have seen live and I have seen hundreds. Stapp, Tremonti, and Phillips will be back at it again someday.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #37
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) If Mark can't take Stapp's apologize, then Mark's a big jerk! They were best friends and just ended it because one part of the friendship hit the wall and stayed down. Stapp's apologized to Mark a million times allready and he has showed everyone that he wants to get clean and healthy again! So why can't Mark just forgive Stapp!? If he does and they become friends again, I will say that it'a at least a small possibility for a reunion.
Before you continue name calling, consider that you have NO idea what really happened between them and behind closed doors. Mark's a big jerk for not accepting Stapp's apology, Stapp's a big jerk for getting wasted and screwing up the second to last show of the tour. Now they're even. Beyond that we have NO idea of exactly what happened, nor do we have any right to know.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #38
shiver
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Braddsn) Shiver, we are over it. I don't think anyone said specifically that they were not over it. Also, I can't help but notice the negativity spewing from your soul.. hehe.. you are on creedfeed.com, posting, yet you said "I hope there is no reunion". ???? At minimum I am confuzzzed! Lighten up dude! Fact is, there are many past great bands that I would like to see more music from. And im sure others would too. Example, Led Zeppelin. I would love to have them back, but for obvious reasons thats impossible! I am over it though. This whole post came from me watching some music videos that I have on my hard drive that I have collected over the years. First, I watched some Alter Bridge videos that I found.. live and on the Alter Bridge site. Absolutely awesome band. Top notch in my opinion, one of my favorite at this time. Also, I watched some Stapp stuff that I have found and collected. Pretty good too! Not as good as AB in my opinion, but still Stapp.
THEN I sat back and watched all of my Creed collection. DAMN!!!! No comparison. What a band! I have some old bootleg stuff from the MOP days, all the way up to some live stuff right before they broke up. They were at the top for good reason. Incredible. I saw them live maybe 5 times or so. I just remember how blown away I was, one of the best acts I have seen live and I have seen hundreds. Stapp, Tremonti, and Phillips will be back at it again someday.

First off, their are plenty of people here not over it. That's why this issue always comes up. I apologize for maybe coming off as being in your face, but how many times can we go over this. Creed is dead. I would love to see Zeppelin reunite. They could do it too, obviously with a new drummer, I'm thinking Jason Bonham, but I just wouldn't want Creed to do it. I never was a big fan of stapp, and over the last couple of years I have become a non-fan. I remember seeing them in concert during the Weathered tour. It was stapp out front all night, no real interaction with the band, except when he stole a drumstick from Flip and proceeded to pound the hell out of his cymbal. When I saw Alter Bridge last year, totally different story. These guys were having fun, joking with each other, the fans.
Oh and the negativity ain't spewing from my soul. It's from my mouth.
It is well, it is well, in my soul.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #39
Braddsn
USER INFO »

Shiver, I feel ya! I can see where you are coming from, because as much as I hate to say it, Stapp can really be a tool. I hated Stapp for the last 2 years of Creed. Personally, I feel that Stapp was 99% of the reason that Creed split. (Although nobody really knows). If not for his ego, teamed with the drug/alchohol problems, we would probably still have Creed. I have always been a decent judge of character, and for some reason, even though Stapp can really be an idiot, I do see good in him. Some people are just all bad, period. But I think he is good deep down. And I can only hope he has learned from all of this. IF there ever is the chance of a reunion, then Stapp would have to really adjust his attitude. It seems that he is not as cocky now that Creed is over, and he is maybe seeing some light. But who knows!

By the way, what do you think of the songs "You Stand Here with Me" and "Hide"? Listen to them before you answer. Alot of ppl tend to be hard on the "Weathered" album, but I think there is some good stuff on it.

Later!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #40
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I like Hide, but not SHWM so much. I don't know, overall that album lacked cohesiveness or something. I like selected tracks, but I typically listen to an album all the way through, and I can't do that with Weathered anymore. It bores me, I guess. I love Who's Got My Back, but I'm not fond of Weathered or Freedom Fighter, but I like Bullets. And I couldn't stand Lullaby. On MOP or HC, I don't skip anything, except maybe WAWO, and not because I don't like the song. I think I just got tired of hearing it so much when I was listening to radio.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #41
shiver
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Braddsn) Shiver, I feel ya! I can see where you are coming from, because as much as I hate to say it, Stapp can really be a tool. I hated Stapp for the last 2 years of Creed. Personally, I feel that Stapp was 99% of the reason that Creed split. (Although nobody really knows). If not for his ego, teamed with the drug/alchohol problems, we would probably still have Creed. I have always been a decent judge of character, and for some reason, even though Stapp can really be an idiot, I do see good in him. Some people are just all bad, period. But I think he is good deep down. And I can only hope he has learned from all of this. IF there ever is the chance of a reunion, then Stapp would have to really adjust his attitude. It seems that he is not as cocky now that Creed is over, and he is maybe seeing some light. But who knows!

By the way, what do you think of the songs "You Stand Here with Me" and "Hide"? Listen to them before you answer. Alot of ppl tend to be hard on the "Weathered" album, but I think there is some good stuff on it.

Later!

Okay I just went through, and listened to the whole Weathered album. It's been awhile. YSHWM is decent, and Hide is a little better. Bullets and OLB are my favorite songs from the album, and OLB is one of my favorite Creed songs, ever. It's just that I cannot listen to every single song on that CD, I skip around. MOP and HC I don't. Especially MOP. I honestly think that Mark is having so much fun, and has so much animosity built up, that he wouldn't let himself do a Creed reunion. I think that goes for Flip too. I think whenever they think of Creed they think, it was a good moneymaker, but I think the end may have ruined it for them.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Gone. Like Al Pacino's cash. Nothin' last in this world.

Nice Switchfoot quote there.

Anyway, I think you guys all make good, valid points. Like I said before, I don't think you can ever say never. It looks unlikely at this point, but you never know. Who knows what'll happen in the future.

And on a kind of semi-related note, has anyone seen this? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...218177&q=creed For those who have seen that Backstreet Boys/Chinese parody floating around the net, and have thought it is funny(I think it is), you might just like this video. A friend tipped me off to it today and I found it to be funny.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #43
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Nice Switchfoot quote there.

Anyway, I think you guys all make good, valid points. Like I said before, I don't think you can ever say never. It looks unlikely at this point, but you never know. Who knows what'll happen in the future.

And on a kind of semi-related note, has anyone seen this? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...218177&q=creed For those who have seen that Backstreet Boys/Chinese parody floating around the net, and have thought it is funny(I think it is), you might just like this video. A friend tipped me off to it today and I found it to be funny.

i think the band actually meant it to, it doesent look like they were making fun of creed. i think that because he always looks sad. i kinds feel sorry for him.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #44
facelessmike
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) And on a kind of semi-related note, has anyone seen this? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...218177&q=creed For those who have seen that Backstreet Boys/Chinese parody floating around the net, and have thought it is funny(I think it is), you might just like this video. A friend tipped me off to it today and I found it to be funny.

Lol. Not bad!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #45
renbergs
USER INFO »

There will be a reunion... some day! Even if it means it's necessary to dump Brian. It's as sure as cash is king!

History guides us to the future and look at how many bands, where the band members have been bitter enemies, that has reunited over the years. And for what reason? CASH IS KING!