++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 07:27 PM   #31
John 3:16
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
About all I have to say at this point is WOW!!! So much for peace and harmony.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #32
allison
USER INFO »
Bad first impression, huh? :embarass:

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:07 PM   #33
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
First impressions? Heck this board has always been this way. Even before this particular board was created I noticed the last couple of weeks of the old board's existence these same people were beating on someone who has the exact same beliefs as I did because they said "he didn't seem to have anything to back up what he believed... as though he was pulling things out of his rear." So when I registed at this new board I decided to make sure I give scripture as to why I believe the things I do... what do I get? I get the same treatment as the other person on the other board. I've had people on here bash what I believe in my faith in Jesus Christ right down to the very core and they place in there... IMHO meaning In My Humble Opinion as though that excuses them for bashing my beliefs... and they call me the intolereant one! I then play their game and put the silly "IMHO" in there and what happens? Same thing... more bashing. There is no satisfiying these people unless you keep quiet about your Christian beliefs and nod your head, pat them on the back, and agree with their philosophies. Don't believe me? Just read anyone of the threads here in the Faith and Religion forum... you'll see for yourself. Am I blameless here? No... not by a long shot! I've had my days where I just want to reach through the computer and kick some butt... and sometimes my words reflected some of the bitterness. God will help me work through these issues. But I've said it many times and I'll say it again... political correctness is not a part of my vocabulary.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-16-2002, 10:38 PM   #34
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
<b>The only reason why "people" say the things that they do is because they do not like my religious beliefs and that I'm not afraid to boldly proclaim them on this board... Yet when I give a Christian perspective based on Bible scripture people scream that I am closed minded, judgemental and intolerant. It is the majority of this board that is intolerant of Christians. I dare any christian on this board to start telling their perspective on issues discussed using the Bible to back up their side and see if you don't get knocked down as I did and labeled as closeminded, judgemental, and intolerant. </b>

1. Nobody ever said they do not like your religious beliefs, it's your delivery of them that pisses people off. When you preach from up there on that pulpit of yours, you are definitely speaking DOWN to all us sinners. We KNOW that you aren't afraid to boldly proclaim your beliefs here, we have practically read the entire bible with what you have quoted here.

2. It is NOT the majority on this bb who are intolerant of Christians. I am a Christian, and very proud of it. I just don't go screaming it from the rooftops, telling it to everyone who I come into contact with. I know of many other Christains on this board who will say the exact same thing. Don't EVER say that you are a better Christian than me or anyone else.

3. Lastly, you asked for any Christian on the bb to tell their perspective using the bible to back it up? Here is my motto, my creed in my life, and how I live it. "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU". That's from the bible, (sorry, I haven't memorized it chapter and verse). But that's how I live. When I get people throwing stones at my friends for their "new age" beliefs that seem to bother you so much, I throw stones back. Sorry.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:20 PM   #35
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
You show me where I have threw stones at anyone who has new age beliefs. I said above that I do not like the new age beliefs that are thrown around all the time YET I SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT! But you and a heck of a lot of other people tar and feather me for saying what I believe. I have never said that I was a better Christian than anyother Christian on this board. Show me proof of where I said this. Where is your evidence? You have none because I've never said that. And as for you having to read the whole Bible when you read my posts... well maybe you people as a collective need to stop telling others that believe as I do to show their proof and not pulling things out of their rear. I was merely playing my the boardie rules... back up what you believe. The board merely got what they asked for... proof... yet you still wasn't satisfied.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:24 PM   #36
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This is going nowhere. You are right, we asked for proof, we got it. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Amen. Goodnight.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:31 PM   #37
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Well God Bless us everyone.

Uh Teri... wasn't dat Tiny Tim who said dat??:P :lol: :lol:
Old 10-16-2002, 11:33 PM   #38
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Goodnight GGG lol

Old 10-16-2002, 11:35 PM   #39
souldancer
USER INFO »
AMEN Teri and DS! And, thank you UF for bringing us back to why we are really here. Closing with lyrics from one of my favs...

Ode
Hang me, watch awhile
Let me see you smile as I die
Take me, as my body burns
Let me see you yearn, while I cry
One step on your own
And you walk all over me
One head in the clouds
You won't let go
You're too proud
One light to the blind, and they see
One touch on the head, we believe
Adore me as I drift away
Let me hear you say I'm fine
You cry as my body dies
All that you despised is gone away
One step on your own
And you walk all over me
One head in the clouds
You won't let go, you're too proud
One light to the blind, and they see
One touch on the head, we believe
Old 10-16-2002, 11:39 PM   #40
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
one touch in the heart and soul of my very being and I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:44 PM   #41
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Hey, do I get a religious, fun filled party when I get about 70 more posts? Cuz I will have 1000 post then! you are all invited!!! If someone throws me one?
Old 10-16-2002, 11:45 PM   #42
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Come on now... group hug!!!!
Old 10-17-2002, 09:25 AM   #43
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
am i a part of the group?
Old 10-17-2002, 09:42 AM   #44
souldancer
USER INFO »
:angel * * morning hugs to GGG and Siana! **
Old 10-17-2002, 11:35 AM   #45
allison
USER INFO »
LadyV - just some constructive criticism here - I think you come across to people here as not just stating your beliefs (which is fine in itself), but also preaching your beliefs like you have an agenda to make us all your type of Christian. Sometimes, you just have to say, "I don't agree with you and I think my opinion is right (everyone thinks their opinion is right), but I realize you don't want to be changed, and I am not trying to change people here b/c I know I can't, so at the end of the day we disagree, but so be it." It doesn't need to be your personal mission to change minds here, and it shouldn't be. That does NOT mean that you are backing down from your beliefs. If you expect to change everyone's mind that you talk to, you're going to have an exhausting life. The reason I want you to understand this is b/c I like you, I know that you are a good person, I think you have alot of wisdom to share about all sorts of things, and I don't want to see you arguing with people here all the time b/c of the way you come across. Just think about it maybe?

For instance, I would love to describe to you how those animals you eat (when bought from the grocery store) live their entire lives in filth, crammed together in the dark, and how they are trucked to the slaughter house, strung up by their hind legs, bludgeoned with a hammer and then skinned or boiled, lots of times still conscious. And they get to watch what's happening to the pigs before them so they get the benefit of the extra terror that must feel by knowing that what they are seeing is about to happen to them. These are GOD'S creatures, and do you think He likes what he sees happening to his creatures that feel pain and emotion too? If you saw video tape from inside a slaughter house, and saw the sights and heard the screams and cries of the animals, I GUARANTEE you that you would reconsider eating any meat again (other than what you hunt). 'Cause it's all about producing the most meat in the shortest amount of time, the cheapest way possible with no regard for these sentient creatures whatsoever. So, I could sit here and tell you that you are not really a Christian if you partake in this horrible treatment of God's creatures, but I don't. I am sure you didn't appreciate reading that, and while this example may be extreme, this is how others on this board feel sometimes when reading your posts.

I hope you do not take offense to this post, it was not at all my intent. I am just trying to make you understand in the hopes that you and everyone elks may be able to get along better.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Closed Thread