++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #1861
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

November 15th

"Self help?"

The idea of self-help is popular because it supports the notion that we are in control. In the words of the poem Invictus: “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.” The problem is we’re not! Eventually something happens that reminds us how out-of-control life is, and no self-help book can help us make it right.

When especially difficult circumstances or strong temptations invade our lives and remind us of our powerlessness, we have an all-powerful God who works on behalf of those who trust Him. Christians are not in the business of self-help. Quite the opposite! To become a Christian requires that we admit our helplessness and acknowledge our total dependence on God.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped.

Psalm 28:7

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 15:5

Heaven

Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 AM   #1862
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 16th

"Express your love."

Each of us can find ways to proclaim the power of christ in our lives. If God is really important in our lives, we should be excited to let the whole world know how we feel. Tell your family, friends and co-workers... Praise God with your whole heart, and sing forth His glory always.

I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.

Psalm 138:1

Heaven

Old 11-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #1863
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 17th

"God's promises, God's Scripture."

Help us find our way in a pluralistic world of competing voices and light our path in these times so given to cynicism and despair. What great grace we have to know God's will in our own words! You love us enough to communicate in language we can read and that is truly awe inspiring!

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 119:105

Heaven

Old 11-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #1864
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Self Help ***

The Word Says THE LORD THY GOD HELPS THOUGHS which helps themeselfs and you can once you have realized you are not the master THE WORD IS FULL OF PRECEPTS FULL OF KNOWLEGE to make u know for he is only my only source the lord does help those who do in fact help themeselfs but the one thing we must learn first before making our own plans and AND LISTIEN TO THE OTHERS is the greastest help we can find in ourselfs is waking AND EXCEPTING THAT HE WANTS YOU AND NEEDS YOU as much as we need and call upon him he needs you to help him AND REALSING THE BEST WAY we can help ourselfs is acknowlging THAT WE NEED HIM FIRST TO MAKE A LIFE WITH HIM POSSBILE and what he wants with us WE THINK WHEN WE ON THAT MOUNTAIN That We In Control No, HE IS ya see there is never Full CONTROL over anything and you are a fool if you believe things happen for mans faults and mans reason NO YES I BELIEVE DAILY THAT THERE IS ONE ALMIGHTY GOD MY BROTHER IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING TODAY AND EVERYDAY A MIRCALE IS PEFORMED AND HERO SAVES THE DAY GLORY TO GOD AND Some Man Will Get That Praise My Friends For That Victory WHEN ITS TO GOD BELONGS THE GLORY TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY And he is that cymbal Of The Red White And The Blue and you can hate me if u want too Love Me If U Can great song i think its toby keith haaaaa only the fools says there is no god and believes it, GOD IS MARACULUS and is well able to do hold the earth and do great and wonderfull of things from his heavens AS WELL UPHOLDING AND DESENDS ON LOW to Reach His Lost Serverants today in a dead place and calls to the lost and thier brokeness THE JUSTICE OF THE LIVING GOD!!!! Old Psalm 75, THY NAME IS NEAR thy wondrus works, GLORY TO GOD 75,1,10,
Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #1865
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 19th

"Freewill."

I get to choose which sources of information I feed my mind. But this privilege and freedom is also a responsibility. God longs to bless me, but that blessing remains dormant until my heart delights in knowing and doing his will.

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 1:1-2

I will choose a path that's clear,
I will choose freewill.

~RUSH

Heaven

Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #1866
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Im Tired***but Glory To God Praise Without Cease

i,ll rock with ya tonite GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY RUSH i recall rush i like that one, brother david I WANNA ROCK dee snider IF NOBODY LIKES THE WAY IM PRAYING OR PLAYING or what i call a good old fashion church hym THATS THEIR PROBLEAM NOT MINE AND I TRUST IN HE THAT FORMED ME AND IS RICH IN PLENTUFUL IN LOVE MERCY CHASETISEMENT AND ALL THOSE GOOD THINGS, A PSALM OF PRAISE AND TRUST, I WILL BLESS YA O LORD AT ALL TIMES HIS PRAISE SHALL CONTINUALY BE IN MY MOUTH EVEN IF I DONT WANNA yes ITS LIKE LORD U KNOW IM DOWN RIGHT NOW BUT YA KNOW MY PRECIOUS LORD MY PRECIOUS ALPHA AND OMEGEA IM PRAISING YA SOMEWHERE SOMEHOW ANYWAYS, MY SOUL SHALL MAKE HER BOAST IN THE LORD AND HER THROAT DRY and her lungs gasping for breath GLORYYYYY the humble shall hear therof and be glad we they going be glad AND MAGINIFY THE LORD WITH ME AND LET US EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER i sought the lord AND HE HEARED ME AND DELIVERED ME FROM MY FEARS that were always before me GLORY TO GOD we,ve all put those there a time or too now if i can admit that friends anybody surley can THE angel Of The Lordencampethround about theme that fear him and delivereth theme, o taste and see that the lord is GOOD HE GOOD Blessed Is The Man THAT TRUSTS IN HIM O FEAR THE LORD ye his Saints FOR THERE IS NO WANT IN THEME THAT FEAR HIM THE Young Lions Do Lack AND SUFFER HUNGER BUT THEY THAT SEEK THE LORD SHALL NOT WANT ANY GOOD THING PSALM 34, 1, 12,
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #1867
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 20th

"Want to rock? Grab a microphone!"

Joy knows no better explanation than song. We sing to the Lord because we are joyful! Our music is not "inhibited" or "held back", but exuberant and as full of sound as it is of heart! Thanksgiving brings us into the Father's presence and it is our joy at being saved that leads us to sing.

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 95:1-2

Heaven

Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #1868
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Im Not Allowed To Have One Those

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY the walls come down and there is peace codes you break, AT TIMES WE CAN SHOUT OUT LOUD THEY WAY I PREFERER IT but at times u dont have to be yelling to praise him because there is so much to be thankfull for WE CANT FULLLY PRAISE HIM ENOUGH FOR ALL IS GLORY WE CAN SURE FOR THE MORNING STARS SUNG UNTO HIM GLORY and were able to sing unto his glory as it written in job whereupon are the foundations thereof fastend or who laid the cornerstone therof when the morning stars sang together and ALL THE SONS OF GOD SHOUTED FOR JOY GLORY job 38, 6, i do believe at that time THEY HAD A NEW SONG in thier hearts and in their praises AND WAS PRASING HIM for things past present and future, for the angels are always crying holy WHICH INDEED TELLS US HIS MERCY AND HIS LOVE AND HIS UNDERSTANDING and his spirt is always holy THE STRIFE OF DARKNESS BEING TURNING TO A LIGHT THE STRIFE OF THE BATTLE THAT IS BASED UPON LOVE PEACE AND HOPE which Follows Wars Doubt Hate Long Sufferment conflicts these our the strifes that follows the name which is holy So beyond all these conflicts His name Needs To Be Uplifted Unto the heavens WHERE THE ANGELS CRY HOLY and in time they start SINGING UNTO HIM JOY GLORY TO GOD IF GOD GAVES US THE WORD AND SO MANY MYSTERIES AND SO MANY PRECEPTS TO FOLLOW HIM HE GAVE US LIFE GLORY TO GOD WHICH IS THE ULMITATE MYSTERY TO MAN KIND AND THE ONE THING I LOVE about him as to many things HE HAS GAVE US POWER OVER THE WICKED AND OVER OUR ENMIES if we read the PLIGHT OF THE PSAMIST psalm 69 it will tell us how weary we our in strife and at times we have been our own enmie and our own destroyer by holding to him To Face SPIRTUAL WARS AND TO BEHOLD MADNESS Over In Ecc, That Should Tell Us A GREAT THING THAT THE DESTROEY HAS NO MORE GROUND IN YOUR LIFE TRY AS THEY MITE BUT THEY NEVER WILL THE WORD ALSO READS OVER IN THE BOOK ISA, HE WILL ALLOW THE ENMIE TO COME IN LIKE A GREAT AND MIGHTY FLOOD AND MAKE A STAND WITH HIM and at times he is like our brother WE OUR OBGLIGATED TO STAND WITH HIM IN THAT STAND AND THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE WEAPON TO STAND AND FIGHT WITH HIM HE IS ALSO KNOWN THERE WELL AND DOES HE HAVE A HIDING PLACE GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HE SURELY DOES NOT he will come nigh as the same OF KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS AND BEFORE HE KNEELS UNTO HE WANTS TO TRY ALL new age old age confusion there it aint nothing THERE THAT HE THAT FOUGHT AND WON AND TOOK THE KEYS TO YOUR KINGDOM THAT HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE, FOR HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE BINDER HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE THAT EVEN THE FOOLISH HYPOCRITES HAS SINCE ENOUGH TO CAST YOU OUT THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAMES THAT REIGNS AND ALWAYS RAINS ON HIS PARADE OR HIS WICKED PLOT, SO KEEP ON A SINGING FOR JOY
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #1869
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 21st

"Thank you."

Among the most important words we can speak are the two words, “Thank you.” And while it is vital to be grateful, there’s another side of thank you. If we bestow a gift on another, we should do so out of a motive that doesn’t expect anything, even a thank-you, in return. True love gives with no expectations.

Love, as described in 1 Corinthians 13:4, “suffers long and is kind” and is never self-seeking. Love keeps no record of wrongs, even if someone forgets to thank us for a kindness. The other side of thank you is a pure heart that reflects God’s perfect love for us.

[Love] does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil.

1 Corinthians 13:5

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Heaven

Old 11-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #1870
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Thanksgiving Day 2007

"Peace."

Peace - that illusive state of grace that incorporates all of life's well-being. Because of Jesus, we have true shalom - wellness in body, soul, and spirit. His relationships with others, his victory over sin, death and the grave insures that we can have peace, too! So as we receive the Spirit of Christ into our hearts, we can live with our brothers and sisters, no matter how flawed, in a state of peace. Besides, as Paul changes metaphors on us, we are the Body of Christ and of course a body does not want to be at war with itself. So live in peace with others, and do so with thanksgiving.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Colossians 3:15

Happy Turkey Day Gang!!!

Heaven

Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 AM   #1871
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 23rd

"Worship is always about entering."

Entering into grace, entering with thanksgiving, entering to share with others, but most of all entering into the Lord's presence in a special way. But our entering is not the basis of worship. Instead, worship is about the Lord's faithfulness, goodness, and enduring grace. We come to God like so many before us, who are waiting with God for us. We come to praise him for all he has been, all he is, and all he will be. We come to enter and worship.

Enter [the Lord's] gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 100:4-5

Heaven

Old 11-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #1872
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 24th

"Jesus; Version 1.0"

Some things you don't change, swap, or update. In an age when computer processors make major leaps every few months and software companies release new upgrades every year, we get programmed into looking for the new and improved version of everything. The simple but profound truth is that Jesus is Lord. No update needed. No rival worthy. No change necessary. In fact, if we stray from this as the basis of our life, we put all we hold dear at risk. But if we continue, if we grow, if we root ourselves in this truth and make it the undergirding reality of our lives, then our future is secure and our victory assured!

Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Colossians 2:6-7

Heaven

Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #1873
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 25th

"Fear not the dark."

Our Lord goes with us into the dark times of our lives. He holds us by the hand and lets us know that we have nothing to fear. Darkness and light are the same to the Lord. He will lead us through our times of fear and bring us back into the light every time.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Psalm 139:12

Heaven

Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #1874
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 26th

"The potters wheel."

The potter sat at his wheel, turning the clay into beautiful pots. It was hypnotizing to watch. After a time, the pot looked as though it were emerging directly from the potter's hand. With love and care, the potter put his style and mark on every piece he created. Each piece was different, but each bore the striking mark of its maker.

We, too, are fearfully and wonderfully made. We are individual, yet we bear the stamp of our maker. God's image dwells within us all. With love and care we are fashioned, emerging from the Father's hand, and one day we will return to Him, where we will be afforded a place of honor and love. God's works are marvelous, and His Spirit fills them all.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Psalm 139:14

Heaven

Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #1875
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

November 27th

"Choose your 'cause'."

The "cause" we choose is Christ and His Kingdom, and when we seek them first, then all other things, including self-control, are added to us. This does not mean, of course, that once we become Christians we automatically become people of supreme self-control. We have the potential for that, but it becomes a reality only as we continually surrender and submit to Christ's control.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:33

Heaven