++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-19-2003, 11:03 AM   #1
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Just wondering. I have not been able to listen to them since this started. I guess for fear of tearing up. I exercise to their tapes, so I guess I'll be getting into my "couch potato" position.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #2
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I am having a hard time too. I still listened to them driving into work this morning ... but I'm usually singing and really enjoying it. Not today! I just sat quiet and was depressed!
Old 11-19-2003, 12:10 PM   #3
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I'm having a hard time too. Since all of this started, I haven't been able to listen to any of my Creed cds, including my live bootlegs.

Relearn Love
Old 11-19-2003, 12:16 PM   #4
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Took me a while after Chicago to listen to them too. I just hoped I'd have a few new ones to add to the variety
Old 11-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
its a,,shame,,guys dont let it get ya down,,it aint over till its over,,right,,come what may,,i never would stop,,listen to creed,,it,there,,music has always brought me peace were the is no peace,,,but 3 days ago,,,i was taking laundry out of the whash,,when,,i came acrossed and old creed,tshirt,,,and i dont know what happend,,but instead of puting it,,in the dryer,,i held it close to my check and started,,to cry,,i dont know why,,,peace,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Thanks for that. I know what you mean. I'm just holding back yet. Haven't let it loose, but when it happens, look out...
Old 11-19-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
Blaize
USER INFO »
I had a hard time after Chicago listening to them. I had a hard time this summer listening to them. However, yesterday and today, I have been playing them loud as I can because I want to drown out the past year and a half and focus on what they have given me!!
Old 11-19-2003, 01:32 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Good for you, Blaize. I"m with you. I am SO thankful for the music and the friends I have made because of Creed. I will be crushed if they are over, but I have three cool records, a growing live collection and some awesome Creed friends. I drove to Pittsburgh and back yesterday to see A Perfect Circle, and I had plenty of Creed for the ride! I listened to all the live stuff good and loud because it brought back some of my best concert memories EVER!
Old 11-19-2003, 01:38 PM   #9
JenRN
USER INFO »
I actually have been listening to them more, I watched a DVD with them (thank Carrie) and my tapes and Cd's. Creed has gotten me through some unbearable things in my life lately and especially this awful ordeal I am currently dealing with. They provide me with an "escape" and bring back incredible memories of concerts, CREEDFEST, and all the great friends I have made from them. I use them like a drug, they make me feel good, a "high" I am not ever going to give up EVER!!!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #10
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I agree with you Jen. They do provide that high. I did just listen to them, and I found myself picking apart the words to What's This Life For and One. Maybe they'll take a bit of their own advice. But I though hard and asked Julie about this, if you're interested check out the thread I'm going to create, if you believe in prayer...
Old 11-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #11
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I don't have a very hard time listened to them! I've listened very much to them today, almost as a goodbye.

It is hard...But as long as Creed or Wind-Up don't say anything no one really knows. But Creed knows that we know....So they will problably tell us in some way in a few days.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-19-2003, 05:33 PM   #12
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Like Jen, I'm listening more.

and just thinking how could this have ever happened.

Such good people...such talent.

I wonder if they have any idea how many lives they have touched.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:03 PM   #13
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i was Downloading some Live tracks that i was going to use for i "live CD" i'm gonna burn. when i saw a thread about them breaking up.....
I stopped downloading.....
since then... i've gotten over this.....there's nothing official....and until then it's kool..... but even if they do breakup.... The Official site said that Stapp and Tremonti are both doing Solo stuff....so either way...it won't be the end of my Hero.... Mark Tremonti.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-19-2003, 06:08 PM   #14
Sheila63
USER INFO »
It's funny, after posting in this thread earlier, I went and listened to Weathered. It made me feel sooooooo much better. It made me realize more than ever just how phenomenal (sp?) they are!!! The talent they all have is amazing and even if they aren't together, I hope we will all be able to enjoy their talents in some other way. Although I've got to say that listening to Hide today brought tears to my eyes. Creed has helped me through some hard times too and I will always be so thankful for all of their awesome music as well as the wonderful people I've met here on the board and in person who I'm grateful to call my friends.

Relearn Love
Old 11-19-2003, 06:21 PM   #15
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
yeah i'm listening to Weathered right now
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell