++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #16
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Thanks HM but i know what i heard, she acually said " best band .....NOT,

I do not recall her saying that at that time, but I could be wrong. If somebody here taped the show, maybe they could watch it and see how it played. We all watched it live and could have different opinions of how it happened. It's all in how you look at it.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:41 PM   #17
marlsy
USER INFO »
Well I would like to believe it the way you saw it. I totally wasn't expecting to see any disrespect since we did hear Ozzy likes Creed, but I felt my blood pressure rise after that!! I really hope I read her wrong! But I don't feel like I did. Oh well, I'm not going to argue about it, everyone sees things differently. I wish I did see it differently!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 02:46 PM   #18
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I watched the show last night and she said it after Justin said he would personally mail it to them. I'm sure she was referring to Justin mailing the award, I read somewhere that Justin can't stand Scott that they were all together somewhere and Scott came in and slapped a few of them on the back, like buddies do, Justin's remark was he better be glad he didn't do it to me I'd %$#@ him up. The magazine was Rolling Stone. I bet Scott would knock him out in the first round. That we be a good celebrity boxing match.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:49 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, Mr. TN. It wouldn't last 30 seconds because Scott would knock Justin on his candy-a** with one shot.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:37 PM   #20
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Well i for one hope you guys are right, but i would not put it passed her like i said i was on alot of meds when i was watching the show, but the attitude that she showed on this catagory was like ho hum who cares it's only CREED and if they know justin does not like scott for some reason why have him be an anouncer it just does not make sense, i think it will be the last award show for me, if people cannot be professionall then don't get up there and make an ass out of youself
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 01-14-2003, 04:49 PM   #21
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I don't feel she presented it negativly at all. It was a dead give away kind of attitude in my opinion. I think that they knew Creed was deserving of it and that there was no one else worthy at this time and they had no need to announce any other contendor's. Take it as you will, but I don't think there was one negative thing about it. Creed Rocks and I think that everyone know's it. If you look back at the performance and how they played the winners over the last 30 years, who else would that award be given to????? None other then Creed. Everything doesn't have to be taken in a negative way.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:55 PM   #22
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
I AM GLAD THAT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE

YOU KNOW, I AM SO GLAD THAT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FELT THIS WAY. I WAS WATCHING AND WAS CONFUSED AS TO WHAT WAS GOING ON, THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE YELLED"CREED"!!! AND I JUMPED UP AND YELLED, THEN I STOPPED AND THOUGHT--WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!! THERE WAS NOT RESPECT AT ALL. I WAS SO MAD ABOUT THAT!!!!! I THINK THE WHOLE SHOW WAS SCREWED UP. I AM SO CONFUSED BETWEEN EACH CATEGORY NOW. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEEN HIP HOP AND POP? HOW CAN EMENIM, NELLY AND SOME OTHER RAPPERS BE NOMINATED FOR BOTH CAT??? I WAS REALLY CONFUSED. I DIDNT' ENJOY THE AWARDS AT ALL!!! THE ONLY FUNNY PART WAS WHEN OZZY AND SHARON WERE TEASING BRITTNEY SPEARS AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!! I DON'T KNOW!! SORRY I JUST KINDA DUMPED EVERYTHING HERE!! THANKS FOR LISTENING! I AM JUST GLAD THAT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-14-2003, 05:22 PM   #23
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Seriously, I mean, can you really be serious about thinking such negative things about the way it was presented. I think there is too much being read into it.

As for the hip hop/pop deal, I totally agree with you. Ashanti won an award for best pop/rock artist or some crap like that. I must admit the awards were not well organized, but I took the way Creed was presented with the award as a compliment. That's just me, but I think there are bigger things to focus on.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:28 PM   #24
creedchick02
USER INFO »
NO you are not the only 1creedfan.....i usually don't let things like this bother me, i tuned in to the show to watch CREED win but even if it were not them i just don't think that should be done to anybody, even if it were not my fav band...there are some things that are just not funny and cute, those guys worked there asses off to get where they are today, with a few falls along the way, they win awards for a reason and i don't think it should have been presented in that way
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 01-14-2003, 06:28 PM   #25
creedfreak2
USER INFO »
Here is my take on it. I thought when sharon opened the envelope and said oh I already opened the envelpe and she said creed like it was no suprise to her that they had won. Then Justin was like so shocked she did this that he didn't know what to say so he said creed was unable to attend and that he personally would mail the award to them and she said not. That was all it was to it. I know that many of us, note I said us, are so on the defensive due to recent circumstances that we are very sensitive concerning the band. We need to relax and let the band do what the hell they want They are big boys with a life of there on let them live it and as the oz man would say beep everyone that doesn't like it.
________
Mu-Series

Last edited by creedfreak2 : 03-01-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:01 PM   #26
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfreak2
Here is my take on it. I thought when sharon opened the envelope and said oh I already opened the envelpe and she said creed like it was no suprise to her that they had won. Then Justin was like so shocked she did this that he didn't know what to say so he said creed was unable to attend and that he personally would mail the award to them and she said not. That was all it was to it. I know that  many of us, note I said us, are so on the defensive due to recent circumstances that we are very sensitive concerning the band. We need to relax and let the band do what the hell they want They are big boys with a life of there on let them live it and as the oz man would say beep everyone that doesn't like it.

Very well put. You are exactly right.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:02 PM   #27
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
I watched the show last night and she said it after Justin said he would personally mail it to them. I'm sure she was referring to Justin mailing the award, I read somewhere that Justin can't stand Scott that they were all together somewhere and Scott came in and slapped a few of them on the back, like buddies do, Justin's remark was he better be glad he didn't do it to me I'd %$#@ him up. The magazine was Rolling Stone. I bet Scott would knock him out in the first round. That we be a good celebrity boxing match.

man that would be funny, I think Mark could take them all on at the same time. Have you seen that guy's arms, hes a monster.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:06 PM   #28
LovinCreed
USER INFO »
Hmm. There did seem to be some hostility in her tone of voice when she made the remark. But - let's remember who won the award...Creed, not Sharon Osbourne.

Lisa
Old 01-14-2003, 08:42 PM   #29
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
I agree with everything that you have said. I guess I have been so on the defensive with all that has gone on in the past few weeks I thought this could have been a shining moment for them.(even though they werent there*and I totally agree why they werent) I guess maybe I was taking it as a negative! I am so happy that they won!! They totally deserve both awards!!!! Now we are on to the GRAMMY'S!!!! Lets all pray that they will win there also!!
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #30
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Quote: Originally posted by LovinCreed
Hmm. &nbsp;There did seem to be some hostility in her tone of voice when she made the remark. &nbsp;But - let's remember who won the award...Creed, not Sharon Osbourne. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

yes,that's important!!!Creed are great,it doesn't matter if the Osbournes like them or not!