++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-27-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Metallica/Godsmack concert!

I just got back from seeing this show with Linda (njcreedite) and all I have to say is WOW!!!!! We had incredible seats and had a blast! Godsmack was great live I was impressed with Sulley's talent on the drums especially and the guitar. Metallica..... well what can you say, they freaking ROCK!!!!! They blew the roof off that place. They played for 2 solid hours and were incredible. James looked great and they sounded awesome. It has been 10 years since I saw them live and I forgot how LOUD and Violent the shows get. I had my hands on a pic James threw me but got beat to the ground by some punk to get it. There were all kinds of fights and secrurity out the ass! We got a special treat by them playing 2 extra songs after half the stadium left (thinking it was over) and joke was on them, they picked the guitars back up and played some more. Lars.... he is funny as hell and actually jumped into the pit and was sent all over the place. They rocked and my ears STILL are ringing!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Did they play any songs from St. Anger?
Old 04-27-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Sounds Awesome, Jen!!! I'm so happy you and Linda had such a great time. Sorry to hear you didn't get to keep the pic.

Relearn Love
Old 04-27-2004, 11:24 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Did they play any songs from St. Anger?
Yes, they played St. Anger and Frantic

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-28-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Yes, they played St. Anger and Frantic

Well, at least they only played two songs from St. Anger because St. Anger was a terrible album.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #6
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
That's awesome...I'm seeing this tour on Sunday.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:10 AM   #7
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Well, at least they only played two songs from St. Anger because St. Anger was a terrible album.

Sorry but its one of the most original albums they've done. Did you know when Black came out everyone said most of the same things. Anyways the songs of St.Anger are awesome live. Another cool ass thing about the madly in anger with you tour is that there doing a lot of there old songs live again. I just downloaded a set from one of there latest shows and they did Dyers EVE!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #8
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson) Sorry but its one of the most original albums they've done. Did you know when Black came out everyone said most of the same things. Anyways the songs of St.Anger are awesome live. Another cool ass thing about the madly in anger with you tour is that there doing a lot of there old songs live again. I just downloaded a set from one of there latest shows and they did Dyers EVE!!!
Yes they played TONS of old stuff, it was great. They played this at my show as well. I am going to download the live CD from this show in a few days. It was GREAT, one hell of a headbanging experience. It was the LOUDEST show I have ever been to EVER!!!! I felt the music pound all through my body. They are so entertaining, what a bunch of crazy guys.... they are fun to watch. All I have to say is they know how to run a fan club for sure, a whole lot better than Creed. Cool shirts, great contests, lots of benefits of a fan club, like Linda said other bands need to learn from this.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #9
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Yes they played TONS of old stuff, it was great. They played this at my show as well. I am going to download the live CD from this show in a few days. It was GREAT, one hell of a headbanging experience. It was the LOUDEST show I have ever been to EVER!!!! I felt the music pound all through my body. They are so entertaining, what a bunch of crazy guys.... they are fun to watch. All I have to say is they know how to run a fan club for sure, a whole lot better than Creed. Cool shirts, great contests, lots of benefits of a fan club, like Linda said other bands need to learn from this.

Oh yeah the stuff available is amazing. What is cool as hell is that Metallica has everyone one of there shows from this years tour available for download at 10 bucks. For the great live recordings I think its one hell of a deal.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:40 AM   #10
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
I am really looking forward to this show this weekend. It will be my first time seeing Metallica and my 3rd for Godsmack. All the seats are General Admission and its supposed to be shitty weather so I guess we'll be in line for quite awhile but it will be worth it.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) I am really looking forward to this show this weekend. It will be my first time seeing Metallica and my 3rd for Godsmack. All the seats are General Admission and its supposed to be shitty weather so I guess we'll be in line for quite awhile but it will be worth it.
It is all general admission? WOW, that is going to be rough. It will be worth it, this was my second time seeing them, first time being in 1992 with Guns and Roses...... awesome both times!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #12
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Yeah, it must be because I bought my tickets the second they went on sale, and they were all one price and when I received them it says Gen. Adm. on them, so I'm assuming they all are. Our hotel is across the street from the venue so we can keep an eye on the line from there.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:31 PM   #13
whitebird
USER INFO »
We have tickets for Metallica here in the Twin Cities, but my son wants them. I'm not sure how we are going to work this out.

I want to go, my husband doesn't think he would enjoy the concert, and my son doesn't want to go with his mother. We have two tickets.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #14
b3sevendust
USER INFO »
Kick Ass!!!

I went to the Madly In Anger with the World Tour at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, where I've seen CREED twice, as well as TOOL, KORN and QUEENSRYCHE, and INCUBUS in July. The concert kicked muthafuckin ass!!!This was my first time seeing either band, and let me tell you, it was nothing short of fucking heavy metal at it's finest! Godsmack came on stage and played there hearts out.. Then, after that METALLICA, blew everyone away. I certainly give this concert a 10/10.

There was no General Admission at Van Andel, but thats usually how it is, Van Andel is pretty damn straight forward with shit, no smoking, no general admission, the ushers are depressed asshole... Not to mention annoying.. The vacility is really nice, but if you want generall admission in GR, go to the Orbit Room.. The Security guards will even smoke dope with ya!
Old 05-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jen, I'm so glad you and Linda had such a kick-ass time. I can't WAIT to see Metallica. There's a big announcement about Philly coming next week, according to Linda, so hopefully that means a fall show...I'm going with luvscott in August, though....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!