++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-29-2004, 09:22 PM   #61
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) I whole heartly aggree 110%, I think possibly this band could succeed creed. And I garentee you that this band will receive ten times the respect creed EVER got.

At least they won't be called rip-offs, have their leadsinger be called a jerk, have their leadsinger drunk on stage, be called christians, have a terrible fanclub magazine, and have several hatesites dedicated to them.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:37 AM   #62
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) but because we don't know much about Scott's stuff I don't think he's getting as much love. It was a songwriting partnership after all.
Yeah, I agree. But I think that if there was regular news on Scott's band/solo career as there is about Mark's, we would be just as excited. It's a shame there is no news at all about Scott's musical career, but hopefully there will be soon.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) I think you are poiting out the obvious here!
Geesh, sorry for ruffling your feathers.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) lyrically it will not be as good as creed i am willing to bet on that. i hate that it seems people are taking sides lets just embrace whatever they do.
I think I tent to agree on the lyrics issue. But you never know, I'm just judging on that song that was posted here that Mark wrote, I didn't like that lyrical content that much, but I just read it on the surface, there is a deeper side to alot of rock songs, including that song.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) At least they won't be called rip-offs, have their leadsinger be called a jerk, have their leadsinger drunk on stage, be called christians, have a terrible fanclub magazine, and have several hatesites dedicated to them
Yeah, Creed got so much dissing and hatred for just being a band. Now that I can look back, and see what they went through, it makes me angry just thinking that people could be so cruel and diss Creed so much. Oh well, what's done is done and we should just look forward to the future.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 03-30-2004, 05:34 AM   #63
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) At least they won't be called rip-offs, have their leadsinger be called a jerk, have their leadsinger drunk on stage, be called christians, have a terrible fanclub magazine, and have several hatesites dedicated to them.

well there is still a bit on conjecture over exactly what happened at Chicago, but please don't call us christians anything besides that! How about the positives, a rock band that kids in stricter environments are allowed to listen to, that writes positive lyrics and the great work done by the WAWOF. The fanclub is a joke i'll give you that! And some of those hatesites are actually a good laugh, every Creed fan should hear Dave Grohl's parody of WAWO.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 PM   #64
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) well there is still a bit on conjecture over exactly what happened at Chicago, but please don't call us christians anything besides that! How about the positives, a rock band that kids in stricter environments are allowed to listen to, that writes positive lyrics and the great work done by the WAWOF. The fanclub is a joke i'll give you that! And some of those hatesites are actually a good laugh, every Creed fan should hear Dave Grohl's parody of WAWO.

It got too annoying that Creed was being called a christian band. Although, Creed did bring more positive music mainstream. We need more positive music and less "I want to shoot up the school" type of music. If Creed denies being a christian rock band, then why would they be christian rock band, regardless?!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:51 AM   #65
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) And some of those hatesites are actually a good laugh,
Yeah, they are, they are so funny, especially www.creedsucks.com, that is the best Creed hate board EVER, I think it's funny how they go to all of that trouble to make a site like that.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:20 AM   #66
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Yeah, they are, they are so funny, especially www.creedsucks.com, that is the best Creed hate board EVER, I think it's funny how they go to all of that trouble to make a site like that.

its actually quite sad that someone would go to so much trouble to make a site about something they detest. but the fake radio interviews, Grohl's song and the MTV deathmatch vs Vedder are a crack-up and a half!

Eddie: its all about the music lady
MTV: okay we'll go and talk to Scott Stapp then
Eddie: Don't you see his ripping off my voice, its my voice MY voice!

LMAO
Old 03-31-2004, 02:33 PM   #67
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Those sites are just a big joke! It's sad to see someone had that much time on their hands but the only thing that really pisses me off about them is the way they talk about the fans. here's a quote:
Quote: Who are the masses? This group consists mostly of spoon-fed music fans who jump from one bandwagon to the next.
here's another one:
Quote: Creed is the Pat Boone of today, taking a sound popular 5 or 6 years before their awful debut and dumbing it down so that anyone with the IQ of a lentil will find it profound.

If they want to bash Creed fine but do they have to bash us as fans!!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 03-31-2004, 09:59 PM   #68
jbjfan
USER INFO »
who?

im not all that interested in that guy, never heard of him.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #69
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) Eddie: its all about the music lady
MTV: okay we'll go and talk to Scott Stapp then
Eddie: Don't you see his ripping off my voice, its my voice MY voice!

lol.

I know it is sad, but it's funny at the same time. I just laugh at it because of the trouble they all go to to make a nice site that bashes Creed, it's pathetic. I don't laugh at it because I'm laughing with them, I'm laughing at them.

About the fan thing, who cares what they think, what would they know about us fans? ANSWER = Nothing!

Old 04-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #70
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
hey check this out!

bought Second Skin specifically on your recommendation Surprise. myles' voice is awesome. i look forward to this new band

how sweet is that? someone over at the PJ board is now experiencing mf4 through my recommendation. I'm....oh I mean Myles na I"M the man!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:39 AM   #71
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) hey check this out!

bought Second Skin specifically on your recommendation Surprise. myles' voice is awesome. i look forward to this new band

how sweet is that? someone over at the PJ board is now experiencing mf4 through my recommendation. I'm....oh I mean Myles na I"M the man!

Thats great, yeah I know what you mean he is pretty amazing. I really glad to hear that you liked him so much that you are recommending him to other people.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #72
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rainfall) Thats great, yeah I know what you mean he is pretty amazing. I really glad to hear that you liked him so much that you are recommending him to other people.

what's not to recommend? looking through the lyric sheet that comes with "Second Skin" Mark would have to write some preddy good lyrics to be a better lyrcrist then Myles. While Myles isn't Bob Dylan in that respect he is more then adequate. Something from their cd book that brought me a smile, they thank Chris Cornell and Susan Silver!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #73
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) what's not to recommend? looking through the lyric sheet that comes with "Second Skin" Mark would have to write some preddy good lyrics to be a better lyrcrist then Myles. While Myles isn't Bob Dylan in that respect he is more then adequate. Something from their cd book that brought me a smile, they thank Chris Cornell and Susan Silver!

Your right he is pretty instinctive when it comes to music, which is why it makes me nervous for Myles when its said that this is Marks Band and he is writing everything, because from what I think about Myles, is that he has an immense amount of ideas and vision and what he loves is the music and being a part of the process. So for him to just be marks chosen voice and not chosen artist I think is somewhat hampering for him. And from what I gather this project was initiated by mark so I do understand that he probably is very passionate about what he wants to do and has this plan in his head that he is trying to accomplish but, I am also hoping that Myles is somewhat and maybe in the future more, but for now I would settle for Mark colaberating and allowing Myles to get some of his ideas out there for consideration. This is just what I think but, from what I gather about who Mr. Kennedy is, is that he probably would not have said yes if he wasn't going to be apart of the process, writing, musical composition, etc... at least a bit. .....Really anxious to experience this collaboration of musical talents.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #74
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: I would settle for Mark colaberating and allowing Myles to get some of his ideas out there for consideration.

I am quite confident that this does in fact take place. I don't think Mark is so egotistical that he doesn't welcome ideas from his own band mates. If it benefits the music, then I'm sure Mark is all for it.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:32 PM   #75
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I am quite confident that this does in fact take place. I don't think Mark is so egotistical that he doesn't welcome ideas from his own band mates. If it benefits the music, then I'm sure Mark is all for it.

Just my opinion.

I didn't firgure that that is how mark was but then I dont know mark. I just am thinking about how many people are preconceiving that this is all Mark and no one else and thats kind of a dismal thought concerning other artists.

And it's good to hear that in your opinion you think this is taking place.

thanks