++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #46
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
JESUS ROCKS LOVE YA SAM YOUR ZION
Old 08-08-2003, 01:38 PM   #47
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
I'll answer this normally, I think they are a very good band that plays what they feel. They are probably Christians themselves, but that doesn't mean the band is or isn't, it's the same w/ their lyrics, understand it/interpret(sp error) as you will.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-08-2003, 02:04 PM   #48
Julbright
USER INFO »
BearFan Says: Faceless Man sort of does, but the description of the object of the song is ambiguous.

I disagree about Faceless Man - I think there are too many lyrics that could be interpretted as about Christ that you can't deny it has to do with that -

Next time I see this face - I'll say - I choose to live for always - so won't you come inside - and never go away?

Sure sounds to me like someone asking Christ into their heart and choosing eternal life.

Because I have never had a conversation with Scott and he will never tell, I can't be certain, but I would bet a lot of money on it
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-14-2003, 10:03 PM   #49
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
<b>In the song Faceless Man, that whole song is about Christ. "His yoke is easy and his burden is light" is a description of Christ in the old testament, and Stapp is sayin that "next time i see this face i'll say, i choose to live for always, so won't u come inside, and never go away". He is sayin next time Christ is revealed to him, he will accept him into his life. Christ is a faceless man, no one knows what he looks like. Alotta people try to figure out what he did look like, like the blond hair, blue-eyed ones u see on billboards and stuff. But in truth, he looked Jewish, very arabic because he was from the country of Jordan. &nbsp;Other similar songs are My Own Prison, Unforgiven, Signs, and the rest are pretty obscure.

&nbsp; &nbsp; But Stapp says the band all believes in God, but the personal relationship thing he was vague about. I read a whole thing on it in USA WEEKEND, they did a whole article. It's not unChristian to drink, but we are told not to"get drunk on wine". It's all a matter of self control and limits. "A little wine is good for the stomach" says the apostle Paul. </b>

I'm not one to push about what lyrics mean, or push my spirituality on people (believe me!) but I do sense alot of spirituality in Creed's music. I believe Lynda Stapp (Scott's mom) hit the nail on the head when she said he touches more lives as a rock star than most evangelists (Behind the Music).

In the song Faceless Man, I'd have to disagree that the faceless man is Jesus, though, only because Stapp sings,"Lord I stand AGAINST the Faceless Man". But I agree that it is a very spiritual song, with many spiritual references, such as "His yoke is easy and His burden is light", and also "Next time I see this face, I'll say I choose to live for always, so won't you come inside and never go away", inviting Jesus into your heart to have eternal life. I think "Say I" can also be a spiritual song, as can My Sacrifice. I could go on and on....

Also, some Christians drink a little; I like to have wine probably a few times a week, but I don't get drunk.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On