++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 05-18-2004, 06:49 PM   #1
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Fahrenheit 9/11

Wow! What's all this rumour 'bout Michael Moore's new movie?? Just saw the news...

I'm so curious after this movie... on the Cannes-Movie-Festival it's gotten the longest standing ovation in the festivals history!!!!!!
This movie is going to be all over the world but...

..It wouldn't be distributed in America??? Only America would boycot this movie? Because it tells and shows the awfull things that happened in the Iraqi-war... because it will show how the American soldier behaved... because it will grieve Mr. President George W(ar) Bush???

I like to hear what you guys have to say about this movie and about Michael Moore as far as you've heard of it!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 05-18-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
this thread could cause a bit of angst.....

yeah a 20 minute standing ovation and Disney refused to distribute it because they "wanted to appear neutral"! ha yeah right.....

you have to take Moore with a grain of salt, he makes great points but he saids a lot of crap as well. he's not as bad as the conserative equivelant (what's her name again?) and he's much funnier.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Michael Moore is an idiot. I hate him. He spins things around so much. "Bowling for Columbine" - all of a sudden it's K-mart's fault these kids got shot? (or whatever company it was they went to in the documentary) Removing bullets from K-mart's shelves isn't going to stop violence. He's using his camera to promote his ideological views and nothing more.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #4
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) He's using his camera to promote his ideological views and nothing more.

Just like FoxNews.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-19-2004, 12:45 AM   #5
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Michael Moore is an idiot. I hate him. He spins things around so much. "Bowling for Columbine" - all of a sudden it's K-mart's fault these kids got shot? (or whatever company it was they went to in the documentary) Removing bullets from K-mart's shelves isn't going to stop violence. He's using his camera to promote his ideological views and nothing more.
Yeah, that was dumb. That guy's such a dousche. And, yes, It was K-Mart.

Fahrenheit 9/11 actually sounds like kind of a cool name for a band.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-19-2004, 12:54 AM   #6
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Just like FoxNews.
I never said FoxNews didn't? And while we're at it, so does Tom Brokaw on the NBC Nightly News. So does every other liberal and conservative news caster out there.

The point of my statement was that if he's trying to present a documentary, why doesn't he actually document the events and tell the WHOLE story, not just one single part of it. (I'm referring to his previous work because obviously I haven't seen his new one yet since it's not out here).

Old 05-19-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Just like FoxNews.
... and ABC, NBC, CBS, etc....

but just one point I'd like to make: amazing how liberals always immediately point to FOXNews as a source of biased media (I have friends and peers who do it all the time), without stopping to think that's it is but one of the biased media outlets, all the others naturally being skewed toward the left. so, it would seem as though liberals are almost inviting us to refute their claims and diminish them altogether!

Last edited by BearFan : 05-19-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
just curious, is Moore using the title as a reference to Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451," which is about, in a nutshell, ruthless government oppression (what I can remember of it anyway, having read it 4+ years ago)...
and I'll agree w/ the majority thus far: Michael Moore's a dickmunch. Am I the only one that hopes he dies from complications of being overweight? God knows, he'd be the one (well, his family, anyway) to sue the 'evil corporate fast food chains of America' for causing his death....

Old 05-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #9
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I never said FoxNews didn't? And while we're at it, so does Tom Brokaw on the NBC Nightly News. So does every other liberal and conservative news caster out there.

The point of my statement was that if he's trying to present a documentary, why doesn't he actually document the events and tell the WHOLE story, not just one single part of it. (I'm referring to his previous work because obviously I haven't seen his new one yet since it's not out here).

Whoa... I wasn't accusing anyone of anything... simply making a witty comment. Settle down, chief.

FoxNews, bearfan, is a sad excuse for "news" programming. It is terribly conservative and moronic. There is no liberal media... aside from Air America... which unlike its opposition, has no qualms about announcing its viewpoints and stance without hiding behind a veneer of media integrity or phrases like 'fair and balanced.'
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #10
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Whoa... I wasn't accusing anyone of anything... simply making a witty comment. Settle down, chief.

FoxNews, bearfan, is a sad excuse for "news" programming. It is terribly conservative and moronic. There is no liberal media... aside from Air America... which unlike its opposition, has no qualms about announcing its viewpoints and stance without hiding behind a veneer of media integrity or phrases like 'fair and balanced.'

Actually I wasn't thinking you were accusing anyone of anything, I was just making another witty comment

And how can you say there is no liberal media? Have you ever watched Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, or any of those other evening news guys? I was watching Brokaw when they were coutning the votes back in 2000 in the evening. When they first announced Gore was winning, Brokaw was all smiles. It was pure disgusting. He simply threw out the "unbiased" viewpoint a newscaster is supposed to take. Then when it was announced Bush won, Brokaw turned depressed. It was actually quite interesting and hilarious to watch his demeanor change during that hour time period when all of that was happening!

Old 05-19-2004, 11:03 PM   #11
Lechium
USER INFO »
Moore is using camera to show HIS point of view. His work is a lot of bullshit, and a lot of good points. It's all about separating the two. Dont take his oppinion as absolute truth, but as part of the true picture, and you'll learn to appriciate his work.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:24 AM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Moore had the audacity to release a statement comparing the Iraqi insurgents to the "Minutemen" of the American Revolution era.

Communist CNN and Right-Wing FOXNews - If you ask me, it is fair and balanced
Old 05-20-2004, 02:52 AM   #13
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Moore's approach isn't the greatest and I am more of a conserative then a liberal but the conserative equivelant (what's her name again?) is much worse. Now that is a moron.....at least Moore is funny....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-20-2004, 03:11 AM   #14
Dani
USER INFO »
I'm a bit of a Moore fan, but I don't believe everything that comes out of his mouth. I don't take him too seriously and as Lechium said he does make some valid points, it's just the way he trys to get his points across that either annoys the crap out of people or entertains them. In the end he doesn't have any of the answers so he's just good for some laughs and controversy
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/

Last edited by lollies : 05-20-2004 at 03:14 AM.