++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-29-2004, 11:58 AM   #31
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) Marlsy, Thank you for posting this link. The most dangerous thing that the American public can do besides making uninformed decisions is remain apathetic and make no decision at all.

Sure Aimee, and your right!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:59 AM   #32
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) Marlsy, Thank you for posting this link. The most dangerous thing that the American public can do besides making uninformed decisions is remain apathetic and make no decision at all.
Apathy is good. To clarify, IMO, it's bad for a country when people who are not well-informed on issues surrounding the election vote. Otherwise, you get people voting for a candidate strictly b/c of his looks. And while that does play a role in some people's choices, it must not take precedence over the issues. Perhaps one of the greatest reasons I am supporting Bush in this is because he is the only candidate to be opposed to both abortion and gay marriages (and all other types of unions). Plus, some Democraps want to raise taxes... not cool. And the list goes on...

Old 01-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #33
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) This is what I got

1 Sharpton Score: 100%
2 Kucinich Score: 96%
3 Kerry Score: 87%
4 Clark Score: 84%
5 Dean Score: 79%
6 Lieberman Score: 78%
7 Edwards Score: 78%
8 Bush Score: 60%

Sharpton or Kucinich better win, for the worlds sake

Oh, man, I feel bad for you. Al Sharpton @ 100%? Whew. I can't say there are many Americans who truly respect this man. Thank God he stands no chance whatsoever (not to be racist, but the fact of the matter is, unless it's Colin Powell, the US will not elect an African-American president in the next few years... and with Sharpton's crazy antics, he stands no chance). And Kucinich? Wow, can't say I've heard a whole lot about him. Your lineup is roughly backasswards from my own (other than that the Democraps scored well below any of those %s).

Old 01-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #34
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Yeah, by not having much of an environment (is it really possible to destroy snow and ice other than by global warming, which is really just a part of the earth's natural cycle?). And it depends on your point-of-view on these things. I suppose it's great that Canada's economy, though strong, is still quite insignificant compared to the United States'. And, though I profess to not be well-versed in Canadian politics (please correct me if I'm wrong here), that you're possibly paying higher taxes so everyone gets health care, rather than allowing companies and businesses run by the people to provide? Of course, I guess you don't have to worry about many illegal and drug-trafficking American immigrants crossing the border every day. And because you're not a superpower, as the United States is, you need not worry as much as the U.S. about your country's role in global politics. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the vast majority of the problems that you allege are "fixed" in Canada, your little pansy-ass nation doesn't really have to worry about in the first place (in the very least, not to the extent to which the United States must).

K, id rather pay 7% tax on everything then have to dish out $100,000 that i cant afford on my deseased liver. And id rather live in a country that has about 100 gun murders a year instead of 11,000. Not to mention"ghettos" "bad parts" and all that shit with gangsand muders NEVER happens here. Also we dont have the death penelty to innocent people who are conviceted are not killed. And yeha, global warming is a natural procces of teh Earth LOL. yup, pounding 1000 tonnes of Co2 into the atmosphere is Natural. And its good for our environment when the ice caps melt, kill off species, destroy the food chain, and end all life on earth. Perfectly natural.
Did I mention if you walk around in foren countires with an american flag, you get egged. where as if you had a canadian flag, people are nice to you and give you stuff.

Oh and i didnt make that Tick-tack page.
An American did, which shows how supported your government is. Plus what many people dont know is the USA is in depte by trillions of dollers, and if they took all the money they spent of promoting mass destruction and ending all life on earth, they could solve world hunger.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by souldancer) You're brave X! Well, since you posted yours...
On top were..Kucinich, Sharpton, Kerry
and the very bottom was Bush.
Hehehe, same here
Old 01-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #36
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: K, id rather pay 7% tax on everything then have to dish out $100,000 that i cant afford on my deseased liver.

That's what insurance is for.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-29-2004, 12:46 PM   #37
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) That's what insurance is for.

not everyone has insurance

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #38
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) K, id rather pay 7% tax on everything then have to dish out $100,000 that i cant afford on my deseased liver. And id rather live in a country that has about 100 gun murders a year instead of 11,000. Not to mention"ghettos" "bad parts" and all that shit with gangsand muders NEVER happens here. Also we dont have the death penelty to innocent people who are conviceted are not killed. And yeha, global warming is a natural procces of teh Earth LOL. yup, pounding 1000 tonnes of Co2 into the atmosphere is Natural. And its good for our environment when the ice caps melt, kill off species, destroy the food chain, and end all life on earth. Perfectly natural.
Did I mention if you walk around in foren countires with an american flag, you get egged. where as if you had a canadian flag, people are nice to you and give you stuff.

Oh and i didnt make that Tick-tack page.
An American did, which shows how supported your government is. Plus what many people dont know is the USA is in depte by trillions of dollers, and if they took all the money they spent of promoting mass destruction and ending all life on earth, they could solve world hunger.
7% tax? That would be nice. Unfortunately, Democraps like higher taxes than Republicans. Plus, Canada doesn't have the amount of "stuff" to spend it on. Don't need a big army b/c Uncle Sam downstairs will protect ya.
So one of your major impressions of the US is of gangs and murderers? Can't say I'm overly worried about that. Perhaps in LA, Chicago, NYC, and some larger cities. But, believe it or not, there's life outside living in urban places. Gotta love suburbia.
Sure, people are improperly killed by the death penalty. But an even greater number are justly punished for murdering other human beings (call it "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth")
And the global temperature does, in fact, run in cycles. Ever heard of an Ice Age? How 'bout the time before that when it was nice and toasty for a few thousand years, around the times dinosaurs roamed the earth? Then after the Ice Age, it got warmer again.
And I'll assume that "depte" is, in fact, "debt". But, really, what does the debt mean? We're in debt for a small portion of that sum to foreign (not "foren") nations, who also happen to owe us some money. The rest of the sum, we owe to ourselves. So what's the point in repaying that? Despite this seemingly atrocious figure, the United States' economy seems to be doing quite well (and, as we speak, is improving). The American dollar (or is it "doller"?) is far more stable than Canada's, a country with a significantly lesser debt.
I can't say I've been egged while walking around foreign (there's that dang-ol' word again!) countries. Granted, the extent of my travel has taken me to Mexico and Canada (incl. Horseshoe Falls, which is visited by a wide variety of races and ethnicities). And you drive around w/ American license plates. But I've never been taunted, sneered at, etc. If I may ask, to what foreign nations have you traveled?
I can guarantee you that, if the United States were to reduce its role in global politics, at first, all foreign nations would be thrilled. But then what after a few years of having no one to really lead the direction of the developed nations? Eh? This world would go to shit without an active, non-isolationist superpower.
And you really think that one measly website accurately represents how all Americans feel about our government? There are those that don't like it; there are those that love it. I've heard, quite often, if you don't like living here, move to Canada. From what you've told me, it would seem to make an excellent 2nd choice to the US.

Last edited by BearFan : 01-29-2004 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #39
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) not everyone has insurance
You mean in Canada? I thought y'all had universal health care or some shit like that.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #40
Aimee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Apathy is good. To clarify, IMO, it's bad for a country when people who are not well-informed on issues surrounding the election vote. Otherwise, you get people voting for a candidate strictly b/c of his looks. And while that does play a role in some people's choices, it must not take precedence over the issues. Perhaps one of the greatest reasons I am supporting Bush in this is because he is the only candidate to be opposed to both abortion and gay marriages (and all other types of unions). Plus, some Democraps want to raise taxes... not cool. And the list goes on...

I guess it doesn't matter to you that the only republican on the primary list so far is George Bush? How's that for choice? X, I'm totally with your last posts too. We are foolish to believe that American opinion matters. Just look at all of the people who protested this war! Regardless of my opinion on the subject, Bush should have taken the majority into consideration, at least. But no, president's are only the puppets of the elite. We are a capitalistic society. In short, money talks and bullshit gets thrown in a gutter. This bothers me to no end.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #41
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) We are foolish to believe that American opinion matters. Just look at all of the people who protested this war! Regardless of my opinion on the subject, Bush should have taken the majority into consideration, at least.
The majority of whom? If I recall, the simple majority of Americans supported these 2 wars (Terror and Iraq). Sure, hindsight is 20/20 and people can say "oh, I didn't really believe Saddam had any WMD's. I really was against the war..." And your first statement I have quoted is quite ignorant. Sure, you can write me of as a "typical stupid ignorant American" all you want. In republics and democracies, the opinion of the people is perhaps more pertinent than anything. I will give you that politics is corrupt. But, as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Politics and power have been corrupt for many ages. Nothing new there.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #42
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) No hard feelings please! I live in a free, down to earth country

Old 01-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I will give you that politics is corrupt. But, as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Politics and power have been corrupt for many ages. Nothing new there.

ROTFLMMFAO!

And BearFan, please stop insulting other people's opinions by saying their statements are ignorant. That's just wrong. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make that person's statements ignorant or uninformed. Fight with facts, not with insults.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #44
Aimee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) The majority of whom? If I recall, the simple majority of Americans supported these 2 wars (Terror and Iraq). Sure, hindsight is 20/20 and people can say "oh, I didn't really believe Saddam had any WMD's. I really was against the war..." And your first statement I have quoted is quite ignorant. Sure, you can write me of as a "typical stupid ignorant American" all you want. In republics and democracies, the opinion of the people is perhaps more pertinent than anything. I will give you that politics is corrupt. But, as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Politics and power have been corrupt for many ages. Nothing new there.

Um, ok so first of all, you didn't answer my question about Bush being the ONLY republican candidate to choose from. Second of all, please clarify how Saddam having WMD and being against the war have anything to do with what I've said about people's opinions... The majority of whom? Holy cow! This is the first time - THE FIRST TIME - in history that soooo many protesters have flooded the streets against a war that has not yet begun. Not only in New York, Washington, and Seattle, but also in Japan, Holland, Germany, England! Last of all, your final comment only validates my point. If only you knew who really makes the decisions for our country, you would cry. Don't worry, I don't think you're the "typical stupid ignorant American" you make yourself out to be. I'm not a hater, just a teacher.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #45
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: If I recall, the simple majority of Americans supported these 2 wars (Terror and Iraq).
I'm pretty sure that a majority of Americans did support the war at the time it occured (and still going on). In fact, I think a majority still supports it (could be wrong there). And besides that, we don't elect a President and Congressmen to simply look to the public on every single issue to determine what to do. If that were the case, nothing would get accomplished.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"