++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #16
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: New Album

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Every one will hate it mark my words.

Your words mean nothing. It's a dumb opinion which says a lot about your character. It kills some of these disillusioned Stapp fans that AB is a phenomenal band and has a promising future. I'm willing to bet that their second album will surpass its first album's sales. And next year or the year after, let's see if Stapp can do the same; that is if he comes out with a second album.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #17
bilal
USER INFO »

hey hey ...... : ..... chilout guys......... we dont want another AB Vs Stapp verbose war...hehehe........as we should all agree.......they both are genious..... and surely comments like "its gonna suck" .....means nothing............. we shud just ignore em..... we know how amazing ODR is....but the sales dont go like any crapy album of Madonna do or a new album of PEarl Jam will make........................ the band is fighiting its war...a.nd we shold support it.....c'mon guys....dont spoil the topic

PEACe!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #18
Agent D
USER INFO »

Aren't you a ray of sunshine?

I was kinda of hoping for an August '06 release. I'm absolutely dying for a new album.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #19
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Ridiculous remark. When Creed first started, no-one knew who they were either, yet their record sales soared. Why? Because people appreciate great music.
The same thing happened with the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and 'NSync. I suppose that was all appreciation of great music too.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »

I think the key to AB's new album selling well is radio airplay. I honestly feel that had ODR's singles gotten more airplay, ODR would have went platinum. If one of AB's new singles gains some momentum on rock radio, I could see this new album selling platinum. Otherwise, I think the sales will probably be similiar to ODR's.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #21
J-Man
USER INFO »

Yes Bilal you are right.

Rabid, for a particular fan base (mainly those who listen to pop music), those albums were a great appreciation of good music (for them). But for people who are into real rock music, it's ALTER BRIDGE baby!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #22
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

I am with you on this one Geletmote

the funny thing is maybe the ones who didn't like the first album will like this one and the ones who loved ODR will hate the new one

*note I was not a fan of ODR
Old 04-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #23
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

well i don't really think that 2 and a half years it to long. Although i wish i had it yesterday :P. Their fanbase isn't massive, but i truely believe that it's one of the most loyal group of fans for any band. Even if it turns into 3 or 3 and a half years i would bet there wouldn't be much difference in their fanbase.

what will hurt them however is not being in the public eye like they've been doing lately. Who's to blame for that we don't really know, but i like to think it's Wind Up's fault haha. But not being in the public eye even gets the loyal fans discouraged, as we've seen with a crazy rumor here and there like they're breaking up :s....

simply put, i can wait even if i don't want to, like i think most of us can do.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #24
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Ridiculous remark. When Creed first started, no-one knew who they were either, yet their record sales soared. Why? Because people appreciate great music. AB (IMO) is better than Creed and therefore I believe that their 2nd album will do remarkably well. And to point out just how ridiculous your remark is; when AB released their 1st album, their reps did a horrible job at promoting them, YET they still managed to sell enough albums where it has been certified gold in the United States. The proof is in the statistics.

Creeds album soared, yay?, what does that have to do with anything? No one knows who AlterBridge is they have to pump out music and singles like its nothing, they're so many other bands out there theyre gonna get lost in the mix, people listen to names they here often. Waiting 2.5 years doesnt help at all. HTe only fans they have are the carry over from Creed fans. IMO 2 singles werent enough from ODR.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #25
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think the key to AB's new album selling well is radio airplay. I honestly feel that had ODR's singles gotten more airplay, ODR would have went platinum. If one of AB's new singles gains some momentum on rock radio, I could see this new album selling platinum. Otherwise, I think the sales will probably be similiar to ODR's.

I agree.

It was a difficult decision which song to release first. They took the safest option - Open Your Eyes. This is a very radio friendly song, but I think a lot of people listened to it and thought ODR would be 'Creed album 4'. Could they have sold more if Metalingus was released first??

I'll make a bold prediction that their next album will sell around 150,000 in the first week - if they get the airplay.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #26
bilal
USER INFO »

the band can still release more vidoes.........cant it??.................it will be such a waste if it dont....................
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I agree.

It was a difficult decision which song to release first. They took the safest option - Open Your Eyes. This is a very radio friendly song, but I think a lot of people listened to it and thought ODR would be 'Creed album 4'. Could they have sold more if Metalingus was released first??

I'll make a bold prediction that their next album will sell around 150,000 in the first week - if they get the airplay.
It's really sad how radio has such a big hand in a band's success, especially with payola alive and well these days. *sigh*
Old 04-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #28
Creed7352
USER INFO »

they had 3 singles from ODR actually...OYE, FTR, and BW...then metalingus was getting radio airplay too and the band wanted it for a single but windup didn't release it as a single.

and to say that no one will like the 2nd album is fuckin retarded cause i will like it. so that pretty much means your statement is false.

the 2nd album would be here sooner than december, but there are a few things preventing that, that are out of the bands' hands...we'll see what they are in a few weeks i'm sure.

and it's not 2 and a half years really...it's 2 years and 4 months.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

That's the dillema:

if they had released ILM as a single, they'd be huge! But on the other hand, they would be Creed part 2 with WAWO 2.0. And it would scratch the hard rock image they're trying to show.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:41 AM   #30
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

They got No play here in Cali because they are Creed 2.0 point blank period not so much as 1 spin on the airwaves