++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Stapp Update

Thanks to Choose2live from PBF...who posted it for us at Crossroads.
Thanks girl.

Thought I'd post it here in case there's anyone interested.

Quote: Just copying this over from PBF... thought you guys might be interested

So a friend of mine who's a DJ was speaking with her WU rep this morning... this is what I was told:

Last week Scott showed up in New York with a CD of six finished songs, ready to go. He presented the songs to WU by actually performing them, with the CD (karaoke-style). They were apparently thrilled - both with the music and the presentation. Most artists will just send a CD up, so they felt that his personally presenting it spoke highly of his willingness to work hard to make the music successful.

This is not to say that he only has six songs... those are just the ones that have been completely recorded and finished at this point

WU is hoping everything will be ready for a fall release but they are adamant about not pressuring him, they refuse to set a deadline and want a quality record as opposed to whatever they can get right away. But things are still looking good for a fall release. Scott is WU's central focus right now and they want to do what they can to make him successful - and the biggest part of that right now is letting him do what he needs to do to make the record good.

Not much was said about the sound of the record, other than there's some experimental sound, playing with loops and beats and such. But WU's enthusiastic and whatever else can be said about WU, they know good music.

So that's the update!

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #2
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Interesting, thats cool. Yea, i definitly hope we havent waited all this time for 6 songs, lol. That would be like waiting for the NFL super bowl and what comes on is the little league superbowl.

Cant wait to hear stapps stuff tho.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Stapp is WU's focus right now? Shouldn't they be worried about bands that actually have albums out? I'm not saying this to bash Stapp, but the truth is, he isn't even FINISHED yet, and WU has plenty of bands who could use some promoting.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
I actually find it hard to believe that Stapp is Wind-Up's main focus. It seems to me that they're still focusing on the "big" four: Seether(they've got a new CD coming out soon), Evanescence(I think I heard that they're working on a new CD), Alter Bridge(already have a successful CD out and are touring like crazy) and Submersed(already have a good CD out and are touring as well). I seriously find it hard to believe that Stapp is one of the artists that Wind-Up considers to be among the "money-makers" that they currently have signed. Afterall, if Stapp were one of the "money-makers", wouldn't he have a better looking official site? That IS Wind-Up's job, afterall.

Anyway, back on topic, this is terrific, awesome news. I have been waiting for months just to see a story like this posted. We now have confirmation(for anyone who doubted it) that Stapp has, indeed, recorded some songs(perhaps even all of them) for the new album. The next step, in my opinion, is for Wind-Up to post a few clips of these songs to allow the fans(us) to get a preview of what's to come. I also think that it is completely awesome that Stapp performed those songs in person in front of Wind-Up. To me, that makes a great impression to them, and hopefully they'll reward him(with good promotion, a decent amount of focus on him[though I don't want them to ignore the other highly talented artists they have signed] and *gasp* a good web site) for it. I'm looking forward to hearing these six songs, whenever that is(am I the only one who hopes just one of those songs "leaks" to the internet? I want to hear the new music that badly, lol!)

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 05-20-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks for the update, OneOmerta. This is at least encouraging to say the least. Experimenting with loops and such. That sounds interesting. Not sure what to make of it, but I definitely want to hear this stuff. Heh, I too, hope something leaks. It's cool that he went in person to perform them. And it's a good thing that WU isn't pressuring him.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Interesting, thats cool. Yea, i definitly hope we havent waited all this time for 6 songs, lol. That would be like waiting for the NFL super bowl and what comes on is the little league superbowl.

Cant wait to hear stapps stuff tho.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you nut WAY TO GO WIND UP
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I heard the new Seether and it's not that great, actually it's far from great.

Other than that, I agree with all that Kerry said.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:22 AM   #8
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
i like the song Remedy, seether is doing what all bands are doing, going mainstream pop style. I liked the raw stuff that they did a lot better. Puddle of Mudd and Staind did the same things. Look at staind...Mudshovel - Zoe Jane. Its a big transition. Creed even did it when they went from My Own Prison, and then you look at Dont Stop Dancing from weathered. Bands make the transition, and then there is no pulling back. Its sad that you hear the first album, and it hits you hard, and the following just get weaker and weaker. Thats why im curious to hear stapp, i wanna know what direction hes going in.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #9
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Thanks for the update, OneOmerta. This is at least encouraging to say the least. Experimenting with loops and such. That sounds interesting. Not sure what to make of it, but I definitely want to hear this stuff. Heh, I too, hope something leaks. It's cool that he went in person to perform them. And it's a good thing that WU isn't pressuring him.

Your welcome Dogstar. I had no idea what loops and such was....lol...it was finally explained to me by a friend the other night. I'm curious to hear just exactly what it's going to sound like. I hope something leaks too.

Quote: Afterall, if Stapp were one of the "money-makers", wouldn't he have a better looking official site? That IS Wind-Up's job, afterall.

Maybe they are waiting til it's closer to being released? Fall is several months away yet.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:53 AM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »
Yes, but a decent looking web site could easily be done. I'm not saying it has to be loaded with stuff; just create a decent web site with a bio page and a music page. It's really quite simple.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yes, but a decent looking web site could easily be done. I'm not saying it has to be loaded with stuff; just create a decent web site with a bio page and a music page. It's really quite simple.

Wind Up needs to hire Steve and Frankie for the Creed/Alter Bridge/Scott stapp pages. It seems like collectively, him and Frankie from PBF know way more about both of those bands than, oh, lets say, Wind Up Records...

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #12
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
But, as long as he doesnt change his stage name to Scizzott Stizzapp, ill be happy. The whole using Loops thing is just making me more and more curious...

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) i like the song Remedy, seether is doing what all bands are doing, going mainstream pop style. I liked the raw stuff that they did a lot better. Puddle of Mudd and Staind did the same things. Look at staind...Mudshovel - Zoe Jane. Its a big transition. Creed even did it when they went from My Own Prison, and then you look at Dont Stop Dancing from weathered. Bands make the transition, and then there is no pulling back. Its sad that you hear the first album, and it hits you hard, and the following just get weaker and weaker. Thats why im curious to hear stapp, i wanna know what direction hes going in.

Same here. Staind's first album was kick-ass, but I haven't really like anything after that.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:05 AM   #14
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »
Old 05-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
I'm listening to Creed-and I miss him and his voice so much...I can't wait to hear Stapp again

PS :Just to clarify things to a certain member here: I want to listen to Scott Stapp not to Eddie Vedder, ok ? Did you hear it? LOL JK
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 05-22-2005 at 05:28 PM.