++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-02-2005, 08:37 AM   #31
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) actually Myles wrote more than you think. just get the booklet and you'll see.

I have. Generally I can tell just by listening to the song which ones Myles had input on. Because of course from Mark we have these incredible lyrics from OYE. Yes, Wylde, EVERYTHING I write is better than Mark's lyrics. Because if they aren't, I IMMEDIATELY throw them out, delete them, erase them, get rid of them in some way.

Now if I could write like Myles I'd be happy, although he isn't exactly a lyrical genius, he is clearly more skilled than Mark.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) EVERYTHING I write is better than Mark's lyrics. Because if they aren't, I IMMEDIATELY throw them out, delete them, erase them, get rid of them in some way.
Hah, I believe that when I see it for myself!

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Now if I could write like Myles I'd be happy, although he isn't exactly a lyrical genius, he is clearly more skilled than Mark.
Hell no, can't agree with that! Not even an inch!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Haha, Mr. Uncertain is such a big talker. If he can write better lyrics than Mark, I'd like to see him post his lyrics in the Waxing Poetica forum. Then we'll see who writes the better lyrics. j/k

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #34
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Haha, Mr. Uncertain is such a big talker. If he can write better lyrics than Mark, I'd like to see him post his lyrics in the Waxing Poetica forum. Then we'll see who writes the better lyrics. j/k

Ive never spoken to nor am I sticking up for (UNCERTAINDRUMER) but how could u possible know that the lyrics are so bad, do u know how many talents there are out their better than Mark on the guitar & lyrically, better than myles or scott lyricaly. Im a huge fan of tremo but Im honest, there would be so many indiscovered talents that would compare or even be better than mark, so dont undersitimate the unknown..
Old 11-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #35
metalanus
USER INFO »
I dnt find the lyrics to suck at all. they do seem centered around the same idea. I would like to see more personal lyrics in the future. I love "save me " those lyrics i relate to well.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #36
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Mr Uncertain is clearly just being a b'tch and saying stuff like this... It's something that's subjective, not objective... For those not understanding: Objective is to say, I can breath, that's something that NO ONE can conradict is true... Objective is something witch everyone can agree on in otherwords. Subjective is my opinion. I think it's cold but you might find it chilly, it's niether right or wrong, but to say it's 80 degrees F is something objective.

So then to say MY LYRICS A MUCH BETTER THEN MYLES is just bullshit and can't be true... To say most find my lyrics better is true... And the way he said it "EVERYTHING I write is better than Mark's lyrics. Because if they aren't, I IMMEDIATELY throw them out, delete them, erase them, get rid of them in some way." is just idiotic! He clearly looks up to Mark, plust often people say stuff like this when they are in a possition like he was!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #37
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
If I have to hear the "subjective not objective" card get played one more time...

EVERYTHING Mark writes has been written before. There is NOTHING unique, NOTHING original, NOTHING worth mentioning. I DEFY someone to give me a single darn line worth speaking of as good lyrics.

"On this day/I see clearly/Everything has come to life"

I mean, come on. Are you people insane? Do you not see that for the mediocre sludge it is? It isn't BAD, but there is certainly nothing worth mentioning there... Makr is a freaking awesome guitar player. He just isn't a great songwriter. That is nothing new. There are plenty guitarists who rely on other people to write the songs. I jsut wish Mark would rely on Myles.

Anyway I have posted my lyrics on other sites... I might on here. Maybe. Just maybe.

Quote: He clearly looks up to Mark

Ummm... no. I look up to Myles. Myles is my rock icon/idol/whatever you want to call it.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #38
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Haha, Mr. Uncertain is such a big talker.

Heh. And that surprise you?

Quote: If he can write better lyrics than Mark, I'd like to see him post his lyrics in the Waxing Poetica forum.

Let's be honest... on a website titled "Creedfeed" do you seriously think anyone would admit my lyrics are better than Tremo's? I think not...
Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #39
titan9
USER INFO »
I would if I thought they were, because I look at things objectively. I've already admitted that Mark's lyrics aren't amazing, and that Stapp/Kennedy write better lyrics.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #40
metalanus
USER INFO »
we could have a competiton. I think my lyrics are better than uncertain drummers. lets post them in the debate section and have people rate them. I dont think that would be completely accurate though because people now hate uncertain drummer.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #41
metalanus
USER INFO »
let me know what you think of that idea and friday I will post my lyrics if you post yours
Old 11-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #42
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
who cares exactly who wrote what and how they are compared to other bands or things that other members have done...why can't anyone look at the lyrics and music as a a statement from the whole band and not just tremonti and myles (Yes I know they did all the work but still give brian an flip the credit they deserve to)...what motives inspired mark or myles are the just that, motives...it does not matter if they are spiratual or not in origin...has anyone thought that some times you can over think and or over anylsis something...Why can't people have their interpretation of metalingus and the other songs and leave it be...
Old 11-03-2005, 03:11 AM   #43
Creed7352
USER INFO »
mark said he wrote songs about everyday things, not these big epic type subjects as creed was...

and myles WILL contribute more on the next album and it's not about mark not letting him contribute lyrically...mark had most of the album written BEFORE myles joined as mark was planning on the next creed record and his solo stuff he wanted to do.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:48 AM   #44
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I would if I thought they were, because I look at things objectively. I've already admitted that Mark's lyrics aren't amazing, and that Stapp/Kennedy write better lyrics.
I almost think Mark writes better lyrics than Myles...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-03-2005, 03:59 AM   #45
jim22_greek
USER INFO »
Hey!

Hey Fans I Looking To Contsct With You For A Long Time.please Sent Me Some E Mail I Will Love Too Contact With You.iam New At The Club Creed For Ever!!! From Greece