++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #106
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Drilling in Alaska will not end our dependence on foreign oil. It won't even come close. This is yet another way to keep the oil people happy. Supposedly what they will get from all this is about 6 months worth of oil and I don't think it's worth it to disturb a habitat that has functioned the way it functions for God knows how many thousands of years. I've been to the Arctic National Refuge. It's the only place I've been on this earth where the hand of man is practically invisible. And those places are becoming few and far between. This country needs to finally get with the program and consider alternative power sources. The technology is out there and has been out there for decades. The oil and gas companies just don't want to lose their grip on the market.
I totally agree, once you have seen it you feel so protective of it. I also think we need alternative energy sources it is not going to be a choice someday. I heat my home with oil, believe me it is NOT cheap, they just put $500.00 in my tank today!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-30-2004, 11:44 PM   #107
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i like Al Sharpton's hair
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-31-2004, 12:12 AM   #108
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
The state I live in, Wisconsin, is getting closer and closer to passing a law that makes it legal to carry concealed weapons. This I do not agree with - this is the one issue that I disagree with when it comes to most Republicans. What is the purpose of carrying a concealed weapon? This is not the 1600's and 1700's. The ammendment protecting our right to bear arms does not apply now-a-days. We don't have to go out and shoot a bird to eat dinner. We don't have to worry about a band of Indians marching into our home and killing our families. They really need to change this on the federal level.

Regarding the death penalty - X, you keep bringing up the fact that the death penalty is bad because innocent people get killed. Well, if you can show me statistics that show that a majority of people put to death via the death penalty are innocent, I will agree with you. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue of the death penalty, but sometimes I think that it would be better if a person who commits a terrible crime like murder has to sit in a jail cell for the rest of their life and reflect on what they did. What I think the real issue should be is a toughening up of our justice system. Too many people are given free rides or light sentences with the current system. Plus our jail system is not that tough as some would think. Most minimum security prisons are like large camps. Inmates are free to play games and socialize during the day. I think all inmates should do hard time. You commit the crime, you pay the time.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-31-2004, 01:14 AM   #109
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) i like Al Sharpton's hair
he probably keeps his drugs in there

Old 01-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #110
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) The state I live in, Wisconsin, is getting closer and closer to passing a law that makes it legal to carry concealed weapons. This I do not agree with - this is the one issue that I disagree with when it comes to most Republicans. What is the purpose of carrying a concealed weapon? This is not the 1600's and 1700's. The ammendment protecting our right to bear arms does not apply now-a-days. We don't have to go out and shoot a bird to eat dinner. We don't have to worry about a band of Indians marching into our home and killing our families. They really need to change this on the federal level.

Regarding the death penalty - X, you keep bringing up the fact that the death penalty is bad because innocent people get killed. Well, if you can show me statistics that show that a majority of people put to death via the death penalty are innocent, I will agree with you. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue of the death penalty, but sometimes I think that it would be better if a person who commits a terrible crime like murder has to sit in a jail cell for the rest of their life and reflect on what they did. What I think the real issue should be is a toughening up of our justice system. Too many people are given free rides or light sentences with the current system. Plus our jail system is not that tough as some would think. Most minimum security prisons are like large camps. Inmates are free to play games and socialize during the day. I think all inmates should do hard time. You commit the crime, you pay the time.
I totally agree on the death penalty thing. But I do agree and eye for an eye so you know how I feel about thia. I think prisoners have it WAY too easy, hell they get great food, have a job and can play hoops, watch TV etc... I have taken care of some homeless people who actually commited a crime to have a place to stay and a roof over thier head!

As far as concealed weapons well...... I myself have a permit, and it saved my life many years ago. So I feel very strongly about it. I was properly trained on shooting and the responsiblity of it. I was in a situation were I could of been raped and mugged and all I had to do was pull out my "Ladysmith" and they ran like hell. I thank my dad and uncle who is a cop all the time that I was taught the right way to protect myself!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-31-2004, 12:30 PM   #111
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I totally agree on the death penalty thing. But I do agree and eye for an eye so you know how I feel about thia. I think prisoners have it WAY too easy, hell they get great food, have a job and can play hoops, watch TV etc... I have taken care of some homeless people who actually commited a crime to have a place to stay and a roof over thier head!

Actually I also think "an eye for an eye" would be a good way to prevent crime. I didn't want to say it on the board though... but since someone has a similar feeling... I agree

Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) As far as concealed weapons well...... I myself have a permit, and it saved my life many years ago. So I feel very strongly about it. I was properly trained on shooting and the responsiblity of it. I was in a situation were I could of been raped and mugged and all I had to do was pull out my "Ladysmith" and they ran like hell. I thank my dad and uncle who is a cop all the time that I was taught the right way to protect myself!

I'm glad that you were saved because of your weapon. I'm also glad that you were properly trained. I guess the issue to me is that since Wisconsin hasn't had a concealed weapon law ever, and they want to start now, I disagree with it.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-01-2004, 12:52 AM   #112
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) he probably keeps his drugs in there

lol

we can just "ring out" Al Sharpton's hair, that should give us enough oil for a few years
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Old 02-01-2004, 12:57 AM   #113
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I think prisoners have it WAY too easy, hell they get great food, have a job and can play hoops, watch TV etc

you left out getting gang raped by "ass thirsty" inmates
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Old 02-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #114
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) And you're so modest about it, too!

Modesty is one of my greatest virtues! But I have plenty!

LOL!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:06 PM   #115
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I personally beleive strongly in the death penatly, from this moment now to the time I am strapped to it. I dont see why someone that killed an entire family should have the right to live, period. I do believe that our death penatly is too humaine. We put them to sleep first them administer thier "cocktail". The purpose of the death penatly is to teach the people a lesson not to fuck up, fine lesson when no pain is experienced.

I believe we should have the right to carry concealed weapons. My only reason for that is "just because". I really have no stats as to why this should happen. I have mine and I have my permit. A great majority of the gun murders here in Texas are from people who do NOT have permission to carry weapons. I do believe that there should be stronger regulations and methods for getting gun permits.

When you legalize pot, guns, prostitution and other stuff of that nature, you eliminate a large black market. I truly do not believe any of these things should be legalized. We already have a hard enough time getting drunk drivers off the street, adding softcore and party drugs wont help at all. If the penalties were a lot more severe, then maybe id reconsider my view... but till then here we are.

Weapons of Mass destruction are all remains of the cold war era. back then, and even now, you will have a leader that thinks conflicts can be easily solved with nukes. those are the people that should be stopped.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:08 PM   #116
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) did you just learn this in class? this is a first for you, i dont think you've ever made a post like this before. See and Marsly was having second thoughts about this thread...

Sorry, if I'm a bit confused, but to whom was this commenting about? (I get confused a lot, nuttin' new)

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 02-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #117
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I disagree! Prostitution should be legalized... I know it's crazy, but at least the goverment would be able to create taxes (it's a huge money industry, isn't it?) so ordinary people could pay less taxes. What's the good of having prostitution as an illegal thing when you know it's there and it's gonna stop?
Old 02-01-2004, 09:02 PM   #118
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thats true and also, theoretically, it 'should' provide health care for these women... but on moral and ethical views i just dont see that as a positive thing.

plus as a guy, i prefer to hunt for my prey (sorry)... its no fun when i can just easily pay for it.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:20 PM   #119
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) Thats true and also, theoretically, it 'should' provide health care for these women... but on moral and ethical views i just dont see that as a positive thing.

plus as a guy, i prefer to hunt for my prey (sorry)... its no fun when i can just easily pay for it.

LOL! Sure, I don't know why people pay for something they can get for free! Well, not true. sometimes you gotta buy some beers!

I agree that is wrong on moral and ethical views, but it's there, you know? You can't put an end on that. Specially as a Christian, I shouldn't say that. But thinking as a politician... heh!
Old 02-01-2004, 10:49 PM   #120
JenRN
USER INFO »
Hunt for prey? That's my Mullet alright!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"