++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #91
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I just hate to see everyone get mad at everyone elses views!! I know it's all good debating, just try not to kill eachother in the process!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #92
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by marlsy) I just hate to see everyone get mad at everyone elses views!! I know it's all good debating, just try not to kill each other in the process!!!

We might not like other views but that does not mean we dont respect thier views. tempers will fly, yelling will commence and the occasional punch will be thrown, but soon enough we'll get bored of this and move on to something else.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:40 PM   #93
JenRN
USER INFO »
Don't sweat it Marlsy! If people can't debate respectively than I guess they just make an ass out of themselves. I am a strong political watcher and learner. I always like a good debate as long as people have facts to back up thier points. I stand very firm on certain beliefs I have, but yet I have an open mind on a lot of issues as well. I for one HAVE been to Alaska and would hate to see it drilled for oil. BUT I am not going to look at that as my only issue to decide if they get my vote or not. I look at the whole picture and most important I have to respect the person in office. I had a problem having any respect for a past president, I respected his posistion but not him! I think both parties have some great issues they support, but I ALWAYS tend to lead more towards the Conservative side.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #94
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i understand about not wanting to drill there but then again you have an "Arizona" thing going over there. The land is cheap because NO ONE wants to develop there, unemployment in that area is high and the population is very small. Now companies are starting to move there and the population is shifting over there because of the new jobs and the cheap land. The question is how much would we be willing to sacrifice for progress?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #95
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) i understand about not wanting to drill there but then again you have an "Arizona" thing going over there. The land is cheap because NO ONE wants to develop there, unemployment in that area is high and the population is very small. Now companies are starting to move there and the population is shifting over there because of the new jobs and the cheap land. The question is how much would we be willing to sacrifice for progress?
Do yo mean the land is cheap in Alaska?
I know I looked at land while I was there because I actually thought of buying some. It is SO EXPENSIVE!!!! It used to not be so bad even 10 years back, but now it is insane. I looked at some property and it was not even on the water and it cost more than my house I have now! A lot of the land there is protected for wildlife etc.. and it would crush me to have it ruined. It was the most incredible place I have ever been to. I plan to go back there again if not more than once.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-30-2004, 05:07 PM   #96
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I know someone who owns land in Alaska... the land was and still is cheap. In fact, you get tax incentives from owning land there because so few people are up there.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-30-2004, 06:10 PM   #97
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
WOW! This is fantastic, just awesome for ppl in general, to come on here and show their views. It's awesome to see that some ignorant fools are actually saying they can see reality. America is NOT free b/c of the crime, murder, pain, depression, mental issues, and other problems of the dark that ppl do to each other b/c they gotta be stinkin' prejudice. It's also very nice to know that here the freedom of speech is really free when people like Martin Luther King Jr. and Meger Evers, or even President Kennedy, get shot for trying to run this country or to have true equality. Do you know it took over THIRTY years for Medger Evers and his family to get justice for his death, THIRTY YEARS! That's how ignorant, vile, insipid, etc. that the souls who wanted him dead or good souls that liked what he was sayin', no matter what color their skin was were and still are. And how can freedom of press be true when so many inspid beings love to make the columns and articles in the newspapers and internet, persuasive essays instead of the truth...or reality? And how can we even have freedom of religion anymore when some religions are getting more advantages in school b/c they are the minority! All this discrimination stuff just pounds on a person's soul and makes them look both ways in confusion b/c I can see NO WAY TO SETTLE IT! Souls try and try to find answers for stuff through government or officals, but NOBODY can really be trusted can they? Look at what the presidents have come to, Clinton cheated on his wife and wanted peace arrangements w/ other countries cuz he thought it was really possible. Uh-uh, this dang ole world is gonna be dead from brainwashing and not seein' reality before global warming ever hits or before some wierd aliens come and murder us all to ashes. Maybe there was or wasn't weapons in Iraq, but then again, how can I have a true opinion when it was vile people who put the other people their in the vile position they were in anyway? Sure, some of them didn't want that, and sure other's had uprisings. It was like Hitler all over again, just less land and people affected...I think, don't quote me on that. And how in the world is war right for anywhere when peace can't be achieved cuz all ppl like to do is murder and rage at each other for other's problems? I don't see an answer to that. I guess you can look at this post and try to figure out what side I'm on or to just ignore it like other's do when I ramble on and on, but if there is one important thing, it's that vileness put this world where it is now, not goodness and truth. People lie to comfort themselves. I'm a cynical person, everyone, somewhere in their heart, even if they have been saved, is selfish and that is probably the top reason I had to even ramble in the first place. That perhaps is why their are so many dark issues as I have stated, even more. But then again, there are actually people who love everyone and try to cooperate. Just a big head pounder when trying to figure out what is reality and what is truth, then again reality cannot be really defined, so it's a difficult point to try and prove. W/e. W/e. Yer evaluations?

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 01-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #98
RMadd
USER INFO »
Um, yeah, that's a lot to swallow.

Old 01-30-2004, 07:20 PM   #99
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
did you just learn this in class? this is a first for you, i dont think you've ever made a post like this before. See and Marsly was having second thoughts about this thread...
Old 01-30-2004, 08:06 PM   #100
marlsy
USER INFO »
Your right guys, I won't have second thoughts about this thread, it's actually very interesting to see everyones view, even if they are distorted....
Old 01-30-2004, 08:15 PM   #101
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) i understand about not wanting to drill there but then again you have an "Arizona" thing going over there. The land is cheap because NO ONE wants to develop there, unemployment in that area is high and the population is very small. Now companies are starting to move there and the population is shifting over there because of the new jobs and the cheap land. The question is how much would we be willing to sacrifice for progress?

can't disagree on that!!!

And about your guns example, sure, I understand. I wouldn't disagree if the world was mature enough for that, but since the majority isn't, I disagree.

See? I don't take any party's side!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #102
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
i dont think guns should be legalized.
All guns do is give you the power to end someones life, and noone should have that power or right.

Not to mention i think the stupidest thing is Nuclear Weapons.
Nuclear War can NEVER be justified. The whole purpose of nuclear bombs and VX gas is to mass slaughter the innocent. There is no way to justifiy that.
The fact that america HAS 45,000 Nuclear warheads is completly stupid. TO much power can be a bad thing. If someone shot a nuke somwhere, and the yshot nukes over there, and everyone goes crazy and nukes everyone, then we all die and the enitre human race is gone. Everything we ever did and accomplish would be for nothing, everything everyone did would be erased and everyone would cese to exist.

Where the fuck is the point in that??

Also i belive strongly on environmental issues. Its our world and we only got one. we can only pump so much gas untill we destroy the delecate balance of animal life and completly destroy teh food chain and all that stuff. All animals die, all crops die, we die. You cant just sit back and say "who gives a fuck" because when your in your house, fighting and killing people for the last can of beans, then you give a fuck.
People dont realize the situaton untill it happens, (like seatbelts in cars, drinking and driving, deadly drugs) and when it DOES happen, its to late to fix it and your done for.

Bush is the only president who does all fo teh following

Promotes gun laws
Promotes war machines and nuclear weapons
Promotes destroying the environment and destroying our only hope for long-term existance for some short-term cash.
Promotes death penilty (which is wrong, becayse if you convict someone of murder or whatever and put him in jail, 12 years later when you find hes innocent, you can always let him out, pay him 20 million dollers and make a thousand apologies.
With the death penelty you kill him and thats it. It dosnt matter if he did nothing, hes already dead. Most of you may thing "well this happens and you always have casualties and problems" but you dont think that when your wife, husband, brother, father or yourself is conviceted and murdered for a crime you didt do.

This plus 200 other reasons is why i want bush out. Although i may not live in the USA and all these problems are already fixed in canada (we have no death penelties, Guns are banned, Canada refused to buy nuclear warheads from the USA, we are part of environmental places and helm fix the world by reducing pollution every year, and more)

It sickens me to think that the 230 million people in the USA have to face abd suffer these things, it may bot happen to YOU, but it IS happening to thousands, sometimes you have to put yourself in their position to understand the grand of the whole thing

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-30-2004, 08:27 PM   #103
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Drilling in Alaska will not end our dependence on foreign oil. It won't even come close. This is yet another way to keep the oil people happy. Supposedly what they will get from all this is about 6 months worth of oil and I don't think it's worth it to disturb a habitat that has functioned the way it functions for God knows how many thousands of years. I've been to the Arctic National Refuge. It's the only place I've been on this earth where the hand of man is practically invisible. And those places are becoming few and far between. This country needs to finally get with the program and consider alternative power sources. The technology is out there and has been out there for decades. The oil and gas companies just don't want to lose their grip on the market.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #104
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) i dont think guns should be legalized.
All guns do is give you the power to end someones life, and noone should have that power or right.
By the same token, so does allowing people to drive automobiles, fly private jets, etc... and the same for people who want to legalize marijuana.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Not to mention i think the stupidest thing is Nuclear Weapons.
Nuclear War can NEVER be justified. The whole purpose of nuclear bombs and VX gas is to mass slaughter the innocent. There is no way to justifiy that.
The fact that america HAS 45,000 Nuclear warheads is completly stupid. TO much power can be a bad thing. If someone shot a nuke somwhere, and the yshot nukes over there, and everyone goes crazy and nukes everyone, then we all die and the enitre human race is gone. Everything we ever did and accomplish would be for nothing, everything everyone did would be erased and everyone would cese to exist. Where the fuck is the point in that??
I agree. That's why there's Cold War-era treaties, and other post-Cold War treaties preventing people from building up threatening nuclear arsenals, and why other countries try to protect evil dictators from doing so.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Bush is the only president who does all fo teh following

Promotes gun laws
Promotes war machines and nuclear weapons
Promotes destroying the environment and destroying our only hope for long-term existance for some short-term cash.
Promotes death penilty (which is wrong, becayse if you convict someone of murder or whatever and put him in jail, 12 years later when you find hes innocent, you can always let him out, pay him 20 million dollers and make a thousand apologies.
With the death penelty you kill him and thats it. It dosnt matter if he did nothing, hes already dead. Most of you may thing "well this happens and you always have casualties and problems" but you dont think that when your wife, husband, brother, father or yourself is conviceted and murdered for a crime you didt do.
In the US, prison overcrowding is a big problem. And people don't want to pay higher local, state, or national taxes so as to build more prisons. I agree that the legal system is not perfect (in fact, it is far from that). But it is not wholly corrupt, as it is in other nations. Plus, it is only as perfect as its operators (meaning, human beings are not perfect; thus, anything we utilize is inherently imperfect). The majority of the time, capital punishment works properly.
Additionally, here's some other things Bush supports:
Bush supports banning abortion (I find it somewhat odd that some people support abortion, the cessation of an innocent life all the while disapproving of capital punishment, which is a punishment for criminals found guilty in a court of law.)
Bush wishes to lower taxes, giving the American people more money to spend (it appears to have worked so far, as the economy has been and is continuing to improve); in the very least, he does not support raising taxes, as certain Democratic candidates have hinted at doing so if necessary.
He wishes to not legalize any form of homosexual unions (that does not mean he wishes to outlaw current state laws allowing unions; he does not want to legalize it on a national scale).
I will admit there are some policies of his that I do not support, but those are considered the lesser issues of this election, and I support his views (or, in the very least, do not support the views the Democratic candidates) on the more important issues.

And as for previous comments from other members regarding the closed-mindedness (rather, the lack of open-mindedness) of Republicans, I disagree. I will give him that I have noticed the left-wing members being open-minded. However, I feel those of us who support Bush who are, to paraphrase, 'unwilling to look at the other side presented in this forum', merely have already taken a look at the other side (whether in viewing Democratic debates, reading about the Democratic candidates in various other forms of the media, or having friendly discussions/debates with friends) and, to put it simply, do not like what we see and, as a result, will continue to support our current leader.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #105
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) See? I don't take any party's side!
And you're so modest about it, too!