++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: How often do you go to church?
More than once a week 4 12.50%
Every Sunday 9 28.13%
Every now and then 12 37.50%
Never 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2003, 12:40 AM   #16
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I voted for never..
I believe that God doesn't care where you pray..as long
as you pray. I can pray at home which I do every
night instead of doing it at a church...I believe He
hears me no matter where I'm at....
Old 03-23-2003, 09:38 AM   #17
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »
Thursdays and Sundays
Old 03-25-2003, 12:42 AM   #18
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
BTW way, i knoiw a lot of churches say that they are right, but all of them except the true christian church can be denied.
I am a little unclear about this statement. I would like to ask what you mean by 'be denied'. thanks
Old 03-27-2003, 07:40 PM   #19
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
I usulayy go every sunday, but some weeks ill miss it. but mostly every sunday

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 04-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #20
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
first, church orginally ment a body of people that worshiped God not a building or organization. We have misled to believe that we have to go to a "church" to have a connect with God but that is not true, you can worship him by yourself in your own home and not belong to any organized religions. That is why going to church is pointless.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #21
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Yes, but no. God wants His sons to live in a community. Organized religion is not perfect, they´re made by humans, but it´s something God projected and it´s important for us, to worship in groups and give and receive support.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:46 PM   #22
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Early in my spiritual walk with The Divine I thought that it was a "sin" not to go to church. As my hypocritical grandma told me "The Bible states do not forsake the assembing of yourselves." I was a slave to this thinking. If I was sick and couldn't go I had people tell me, "What better place to be when sick... in the house of God!" When I didn't go I felt so very guilty.

Later in my spiritual walk I come to learn the truth. Going to church doen't make you no more of a "christian" than bathing in a muddle puddle is going to get you clean. I learned that going to church is merely to fellowship with other believers and worship the Divine together in one accord. But even this can be done in a home. It doesn't have to be done in a "church building".

I have chosen to stay away from churches for a while. Certain situations in my life right now, even though are pure, on the surface may look to the conservative christian as sinful. And today Christians are more likely to ridicule, tar and feather and burn at the stake people like me before they actually got the full truth of the situation. Therefore I choose to save myself and my children the hassle of being haggled by a church.

Someday soon I'll go back to fellowshipping with other believers within a church building, but for now I do my worshipping at home with my family.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 04-29-2003, 09:46 AM   #23
Marty
USER INFO »
Because of work and stuff I can't go every week, but I would if I could.
________
Bongs

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:54 AM   #24
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I do believe in God! VERY mush, but I NEVER go to church! I believe in Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips! That's my Gods! And it will ALWAYS be!!

Creed Out!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 05-04-2003, 09:22 PM   #25
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
I do believe in God! VERY mush, but I NEVER go to church! I believe in Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips! That's my Gods! And it will ALWAYS be!!

Creed Out!

...that's very sad to me...that these mere humans (talented...but mere humans) are your "gods".... what would ever happen if they broke up?...who would your "god" be then?...i sincerely hope that that was a joke and you arent serious.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I go to church every Sunday...tho that doesn't mean that im more spiritual than those who dont... it does reaffirm my faith w/ communion and just being around others praisin God for all his glory.... i also go to a small group bible study meant for teens... it's set up by our church...but the leaders of the groups (there are a few of them) are volunteers....we meet w/ them every few weeks...and it's great just to have a lil fun and also learn about God at the same time!...our church ,along with several other ones, have also started a youth church service ran by teens... and i think im gonna start goin to that also...and maybe join the band...it's supposed to be really kool cuz it has a different style music and they have a lot of video presentations and stuff!...lol...so in conclusion i picked the EVERY SUNDAY one but prolly shoulda done the MORE THAN OUNCE A WEEK...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-22-2003, 04:26 PM   #26
GibsonXXI
USER INFO »
Hardly ever. Funerals are about the only time my family ever attends church.

I believe in a higher being, whom some call god, but as for being deeply spiritual, no not really. I guess when I'm talking to myself, I'm really talking to 'god', but I don't feel the need or desire to go to a church to do so.

Dan.